Aquent

Aquent Employee Reviews

United States214 reviews

recruiterfreelancecontracttalentcontractorassignmentagencyclient

They have kept me employed to 5 years

Aquent has been alright. I dont like how the company comes first over the contractor and they have a tendency to lay people off without any prior notification. Some of the recruiters and agents are excellent while others seem to care less about you as a contractor.

Pros

Helped to keep me employed for 5 years

Cons

Company comes first over contractor not an even playing field

A Case Study in Stagnant Wages, Unchecked Favoritism, and The Absolute Worst of Managerial Behavior

After getting hired at a capped wage, it took time for me to realize that there also weren't any other career moves within Aquent Studios to take advantage of. All available career moves were lateral with no included wage/benefit increases, but came with a heavy increase in mandatory meetings, which only took away from primary responsibilities.These lateral moves also created ambiguity in regards to who/what actually entailed "leadership," with some entitled individuals feeling as if their Slack messages necessitated team-wide acknowledgement within a 5-minute window as a test of employee engagement.With no official titles/hierarchy and even worse, the immunity some of these people enjoyed by being part of the general manager's inner sanctum, this created an ambiguous team-wide environment where no one knew who to answer to, and everyone who wasn't a part of this privileged managerial "in-group" were in constant fear of losing their livelihood.Undesirable team members who were eventually let go during my time there, including myself, were slowly isolated from their co-workers both physically in the office pre-pandemic, and later in team-wide communications and meetings, where their input was shut out more and more each day, until they were eventually let go.Shame on the general manager for allowing this level of toxicity to thrive, shame on everyone who participated in it, and shame on those who played a part of perpetuating it.Stay away. Far away, and tell your tech friends to do so as well. There are so many other companies out there who will actually value you and -

Pros

Being the "Before" example of a lesson on business ethics

Cons

Terrible management, terrible lackies, terrible pay, terrible advancement opportunities

Aquent insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Good pay.

Very Good pay. Weekly pay on time. Always Accesible. Remote human resources. Long contract. Always ready to answer questions. I would work for them again.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

None.

Great comp structure and flexible schedule

The comp structure for DHCs is outstanding. Days can be stressful when you take on more orders but overall it’s very much worth it. Management is great and full of support. Flexible schedules.

Great company

Excelentes beneficios y buena paga. Muy buen equipo de trabajo y muy profesionales Te resuelven inmediatamente de tener algun inconveniente o alguna duda respecto a tu trabajo.

Good contract company

I worked for General Motors through Aquent, and although GM and the job was a little disorganized, I thought Aquent was a good company to be contracted through.

Excellent pay

Used to work in a assignment with them and has a great flexibility and pay. Everything is by email so, sometimes theres lack of communication. But overall a good experience.

Pros

Good pay

Easy to communicate company

I truly have enjoyed working for Walgreens through Aquent. Even though me and my agent are in different time zones, she always responds to my emails, calls, or texts. The pay has been super good, to cover occasional travel. Only downside is I came from out of state so I’ve been paying my own housing. Otherwise, truly have enjoyed working through them.

Pros

Great communication, good pay

Days to work

Good contract? not continues work available once contract is over you are over they only feel immediately spots You’re never contacted after it’s completed one and done

Pros

Pay

Cons

No renewed contracts

El ambiente de trabajo es uno de respeto hacia el empleado y empleador.

Considero que Aquent es una empresa que ofrece un buen sueldo al empleado. Son cautelosos al asegurarse de que los empleados estén capacitados para mejorar su desempeño. La comunicación es efectiva aunque es por email la mayor parte del tiempo. Son respetuosos y desearía continuar trabajando con ellos por lo que me pongo a su disposición.

Pros

El salario es considerable comparado al de otras empresas.

Cons

No hay estabilidad de empleo ya que las ofertas son temporales

Professional good contracts

Good company good work sites contracts partners are good would love to work for them again They should push to keep their employees working at other jobs find more contracts

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Short contracts

Innovative placement agency for design related professionals.

Experience is totally related to the company in which you are placed. I had several terrible short term placements, two excellent longterm placements. The negative ones used you to do boring work, or not much of anything. The great ones would start you off with lower level tasks, but would move you into creative projects once they saw what you were capable of. Aquent itself was fine to work with, I received benefits. My experience with them ended several years ago.

Pros

best placements - entree into companies I might not get into on my own, interesting work

Cons

worst placements - boring filler work sitting in a back room with no interaction with staff

Once u get a gig

They treat u like a king, bur the gigs are far and in-between)Really not much to say not many jobs, used to be a ton now very few and u have 300 applications

Flexible

Great information work schedule the same good people to work with god managers great team work getting off not a issue I was there everyday great pay

Rewarding Company to Work For

Working for Aquent was rewarding. The culture is great, very employee focused. I enjoyed my role and the team which was lead by an amazing female SVP that had been with the company for many years.

Pros

Rewarding work, great clients to work with, caring and empathetic people while at the same time driven to succeed.

Cons

Compensation plan changed a year into my role, but they gave us advance notice of the change. It would have been fine, but with COVID, it became more difficult to hit variable comp goals.

Don't Believe the Hype They Sell

You may think you have applied for a legitimate position but you've really given your information to a staffing agency that is not honest about the job role (it may not even exist), salary, benefits, or other requirements like hours and schedule. The salary may be the worst part because they decide what you're worth, and once decided, it cannot change.

Great team, awesome benefits and perks, I feel appreciated.

Aquent has been a fabulous place to work. I have been with the company for over 2 years, and I feel appreciated and valued. The team I work with is always willing to answer questions and train me on what I need to know to get the job done. My supervisor is kind, respectful, and available. Compensation is adequate, and yearly bonuses have been a plus!

Pros

Benefits, discounts, team atmosphere, bonuses, respect.

Cons

I liked working as a temp before hiring in to a company. That way no commitment, try before you buy on both sides.

Aquent made it a point to place you in jobs that fit you and the employer, not just fill a vacancy with someone who may be half qualified for the tasks required. They knew at that time I wanted to find something to hire into if it were a good fit for both my employer and myself, and found the perfect job after a few placements ended up staying 12 years at.

Pros

Temp, no long term commitments if that's not what you want

Cons

No benefits as in a long term commitment job. But it's a temp job. You don't honestly expect any.

Security analyst

I have been with the company for over 2 years without any sort of recognition. There aren't benefits really. I am charged for a 401k that has no match. My position doesn't offer holiday pay or time off. The company refused to negotiate these terms after 2 years of employment.

Aquent always found clients that matched my skills.

I have blessed to work with many of Aquents clients. During my time with Aquent, I was able to improve my production artist and graphic design skills. I have not experienced any hardship while working for Aquent or their clients. Being a people person, I enjoyed every assignment that I was given.

Pros

Meeting new people and learning new skills.

Cons

Few.

I like being remote and doing what I'm God's at.

Aquent found me and made it easy for me to fit into the Wells Fargo structure to do what I'm best at. While at WF, I learned a couple of nifty tricks with the software.

Common questions about Aquent

Answered by current and former employees at Aquent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aquent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aquent.
Powered byComparably