Aquity Solutions Employee Reviews

Gave my very best effort to work for this company.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 19, 2019
Was forced to work for this company as part of a buyout. By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Day after day no work was available and finally they laid me off, much to my relief.
AQuity
Healthcare Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 17, 2019
Lack of work
Lack of managerial skills
Lack of correspondence and feedback from managers even when repeatedly inquiring
Lack of platform knowledge by the managers
I didn't like working for them
HDS (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 11, 2019
Trouble from day one. Was placed on clinicals and I was trained in radiology. I was grandfathered to in from a merger with a different company. Feel like they were trying to make me quit from day one.
little to no management support
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJune 3, 2019
The pay is not great. I've been a medical transcriptionist for 12 years and have never received a raise. I made the same today as I did 12 years ago just starting out. There is no room for advancement. Management is hard to get a hold of. Working at home, you mainly deal with email, but even with that it was hard to get a hold of anyone in a timely manner. I did enjoy working at home and being available for my kids.
Pros
working at home, comfortable clothes
Cons
no management support, low pay
Good job to have
Virtual Scribe (Former Employee) –  At homeMay 25, 2019
It’s a good place to work. Training is rigorous and thorough, as it should be. However, in my experience, I was never placed with one specific physician and was never anyone’s main scribe. The company I was working for switched over to Aquity Solutions just months before this review was written.

I was switched every few weeks to fill in, causing me to never fully acclimate and scribe to my best ability as I never worked with one provider for more than 3-4 weeks. As every provide has their own preferences, it takes a while to learn every detail, and how they want that detail charted.

Some providers had very poor sounding devices that they spoke into, and this made the encounters very hard to hear. However, the missed details reflected poorly on my ability.

Some physicians were vocal about how they wanted details charted, and others were not. You have a notebook available to you that lists the ways that each provider wants their charts. However, this is not always up to date.

Sometimes, feedback is available to you via audits. However, how you performed and what you could do better is not always shared with you. There are better ways I believe that this information could be shared with you other than a “probationary period”. A “probationary period” is when you haven’t met the providers standards an x amount of times. If you fail the probationary period, then your employment is terminated.
Dissappointing
HDS (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 17, 2019
The current workflow for this company is poor. I average between 10-15 hours of work for a 40 hourwork week. I feel the new technology of speech to text is destroying the transcription industry.
Fantastic place to work.
Performance Coach (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 15, 2019
I have been with this company for over a year and I have enjoyed it. It gives me the flexibility to go to school functions with my daughter and have a work life balance at home. I was quickly promoted into the PC position and look forward to more growth with the company. Managers work closely with their scribes and training is fantastic
Pros
Work from home, relax, nonstressful, great work/life balance
As a former Med Transcriptionist, I much prefer this job/company/industry
Scribe (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 15, 2019
As a former medical transcriptionist, the transition to medical scribing has been terrific. The pay is about the same (or better than some transcription services), but it is not as boring/stressful as transcription. Let me explain: Transcription can become tedious, and my mind would sometimes wander (I don't even have ADD, it was just not interesting). Working in a live environment with a medical provider and "real" patients keeps me continuously engaged. And since I am paid hourly there is no stress of keeping up my lines/hour to meet the metric. Aquity (formerly MModal) keeps high quality standards and there are monthly audits, but it does not feel as oppressive as in the transcription industry.

Once my introductory period was over I was immediately notified when I was eligible for full-time benefits, which was great.

My managerial staff has been very engaged and supportive. I get to interact with my co-workers through chat. I talk with the medical provider that is assigned to me every day - I get immediate feedback on my work, and I can ask questions at any time. We actually have a great relationship. So much better than transcription. Highly recommended.

If you've ever heard your dictator sigh, wishing he/she didn't have to dictate AGAIN, you'll understand the benefit of being a scribe - there is hardly any extra work from the provider to input EMR. Also, scribes serve as an extra pair of eyes and can catch errors. Providers are generally very appreciative of their scribes.
Pros
Good hourly pay, paid training, Pto, benefits
Cons
Calling off when sick is complicated, you have to find your own coverage.
Great workplace
Performance Coach (Current Employee) –  NYMay 14, 2019
Aquity solutions is a great company to work for. Great benefits and love working from home. Plenty of exposure to different medical specialties. Managers are always helpful.
Pros
Work from home, exposure to different specialties
Excellent place to work
Scribe Team Lead - YNHH (Current Employee) –  VirtualMay 14, 2019
I have been with AQuity Solutions for over a year now. Starting with their vigorous but necessary training through 2 promotions, I have enjoyed every day of working with AQuity.

This is by far one of the most satisfying jobs I have ever had. Above average pay for the industry. Chance for advancement. Excellent Management team.

As a virtual scribe you play an important role in the clinical documentation field, working closely with you assigned provider. The sense of work-satisfaction this creates is incomparable. I actually look forward to going to work every day.

I am here for the long haul.
Pros
GREAT place to work.
Cons
Excellent training, love working from home, great culture
Medical Scribe Trainer (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 10, 2019
AQuity Solutions is a growing company with possibly the best training and potential for advancement in the medical scribing industry. Coming from a medical transcription background, I was able to move into a senior scribe training position within 6 months of starting training. I love working from home on my company-provided equipment in my HIPAA-compliant workspace. My co-workers are wonderful, and my supervisor is the most supportive boss I've ever had. I appreciate the many benefits the company provides, including PTO, insurance, and especially my 401k. While every company has growing pains, this rapidly expanding organization is really top-notch and I'm thrilled to be a part of its development.
Pros
Supportive boss/coworkers, working from home, excellent training
Cons
Rigorous but necessary training
Best work from home job!
Virtual Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2019
Working as a Medical Scribe is an amazing job, however having the opportunity to work as a Virtual Scribe for AQuity has turned this job into a career for me. I love all the technology advancements created to help me do my job and the flexibility to work from home. AQuity does pay scribes higher than competitors and has a great training and on-boarding program. They have many growth tracks as well!

I also feel that management is quick to acknowledge and respond to any issues. This is immensely helpful in allowing me to support my providers!

A typical day involves logging into my AQuity provided computer that I have placed in my HIPAA compliant office. I connect with my physician through technology and help complete their charts and notes throughout the day.
Pros
Work from home, great team to work with
Cons
Training is hard but really prepares you for the job
Great company with above average compensation
Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 9, 2019
I've worked for Aquity for quite some time now and am overall very pleased with the company. The management has been professional, personable, and fair. They take the time to listen to any problems you may be having and work diligently to fix them. The compensation is above average in comparison to other scribe companies that I've dealt with and the benefits package is great. 10/10, I 100% recommend working for them! Best decision I've made.
Pros
Great compensation+benefits, good hours, work from home
Amazing company
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 9, 2019
Although my team and I work virtually, we are very collaborative. I feel that AQuity values empowerment and cultivates its future leadership from within. I am motivated and inspired by my co-workers and supervisors each and every day.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
None.
Collaborative and exciting place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 9, 2019
AQuity's documentation services are on the cutting edge and I enjoy being a part of a company that is making a real difference in healthcare! I work with a great team that is supportive and very collaborative. AQuity is a company that offers a great work-life balance with remote working options and an excellent benefit package with generous PTO. We have a strong leadership team that believes in the company and it's employees.
Pros
working remote