Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 10,870 reviews matching the search See all 12,861 reviews
normal work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2018
I learned most people don't like to clean so that's when I come in and save the day. we have to clean bathrooms classrooms offices medical building take out trash mop floors etc
awesome place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
hard to grow with in the company. management needs to pay more attention to their employees. I enjoyed working there. learned a lot about selling on a consultative level.
Foodservice Supervisor, Corrections
Asst. Director of Foodservice (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INSeptember 18, 2018
Job is mostly supervisory. Need to be trained in case offender labor is not available. Yes, you are working side-by-side with offenders. There are many security cameras that are monitored to promote safety and to verify incidents (if they happen).
Most days, you check out keys and stand around. Other days, you could be walking literally miles on end, but not realize it.
The stress level is constantly at a high level. When meals are being served, there is no break time. When you have to serve hundreds of meals within a short period of time, things get hectic.
Veteran staff get complacent, incoming staff training could be better. Managers are so busy that training get forgotten about.
Pros
do not have to take the job home
Cons
high stress level, in a prison
out side sales
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2018
very hot in the summer very cold in the winter, very long days with heavy lifting and a very nasty job. this job is only for the young and strong, if you get hurt your don for, cause they don't care about there employees.
Pros
Good money
Cons
evey thing
Could be better
Custodial Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2018
Although the pay was decent the overall experience could be much better. Management as well as employees seemed to be at a distance. Not much positive interactions.
Stable company with career growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 17, 2018
The company has a strong customer base and reputation. Growth opportunities are present for good managers willing to relocate. Good benefits, but 401K match could be better.
Great location and great management.
Busser/Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Glacier Bay, AKSeptember 17, 2018
The management of the property was outstanding. I loved my bosses and became friends with all of them. The location is extremely secluded, but if you can deal with that, it is stunning. The culture is generally pretty laid back, but times of extremely high stress are not rare. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to the customers talk about their experiences in the park.
Pros
The views, the people, the atmosphere
Cons
high stress, secluded
Stressful place to work
Garment Folder/ Bulkfold Leader (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 17, 2018
The work is not hard but the work environment can be a challenge. It is really hot in the summer but comfortable in the winter. Management can use some improvements and the pay rate can be raised significantly. Get paid weekly on Thursday and the shift that I work is 5:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The hardest part about my job is making production because it is required to make 100%.
Pros
Off on weekends and holidays, pay weeekly, and great shift hours
Cons
Poor management, low pay, and extremely hot temperatures in summer months
Good Company To work for a little hair trigger once you get to know them
Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 17, 2018
I worked for Aramark for a year. They were a good company to start out my working career with as I had only been a student up to that point. Umm, Inconsistent hours, and lots of time off during the summer, but no paid time off, just lack of hours because of the hockey season, each sport has a different season, so you could work for multiple arenas if they are in your area, but only working for one, I couldn't pay for the cost of living.
Pros
Goood Pay
Cons
Few Hours during the off season
Caution
Dispatcher-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2018
The job its self was not the issue. poor management and the constant changing of information made doing the job difficult. Management changes would have improved the entire culture
Fun place
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSSeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed working here got to meet and with a lot of different cultures! The job was based on the university of the city so meeting different students from different countries was exciting to me!!!
Pros
Social job for networking opportunities!
Cons
Breaks given in a five hour shift
free food
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 17, 2018
a typical day at aramark , i would count the register and get products ready for the day (restocking condiments, drinks, napkins, chips, snacks).there was never really a hard part to the job. it was a easy and fun job.
Stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2018
This job is not for everyone. It's extremely stressful. New management has to work on fairness toward all their employees. Old employees earn less than new employees. Extremely unfair.
Pros
You meet people from all over.
Cons
Too much work, not enough emplyees.
Cookie cutter programs; instead of customer focused customized solutions
Senior District Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Southwest RegionSeptember 16, 2018
There was plenty of structure, not alot of room for creative solutions, effective research techniques and extensive reporting uploads required on weekly basis.
Productive an kept busy
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INSeptember 16, 2018
I love working at Aramark I kept busy they was always greatful for your work an you got to meet a lot of interesting Dr an nurse's very kind an heartfelt
Opportunities to grow very limited
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2018
I was hired in as a Operations Manager and after 10 years I am at a dead in job position with a company that is being ran from a corporate position. The job has not been enjoyable for some time now. I have out grown the position and ready for a new challenge.
College Environment
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Worked in a Chick Fil A Was working during the University's open season. We served breakfast, lunch and dinner for the students under the payment program for the students
Work site could be a better place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Poor in giving hours to workers to satisfy their living...increase in salary isn't good...there is no level of moving up a scale just being at the same level
Hot place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2018
Exciting sometimes but its not enough money to pay your bills but its a job some meal is better than no meal a good job for kids that are out of school
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay not good
Worst company ever
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 16, 2018
Management "delegates" their job duties to hourly employees:
Ordering product, inventory product, implementation of product pricing, organizing guest restaurants scheduling, printing and entering production sheets, entering waste logs, putting away product delivery. Then once finished doing my boss's job I'm free to do mine.

Managers spend most of the time playing on their cellphone.

No help from management to meet deadlines.
When deadlines aren't meet they berate you until you feel worthless as a human.

No training programs, you're shown the station you'll be working and simply told to "figure it out".

Company culture puts pressure on you to "go the extra mile", and work off the clock.

By far the worst employment in 20 years experience as a chef.
Pros
I'll be quiting soon
Cons
Aramark as a whole

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight