Aramark

Based on 4,774 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

if you are willing to work hard and learn a lot of things about the restaurant industry then it would be the place

Great for people who have no experience because this would be the place to gain it. Due to short staff hired employees learn a little bit of everything from serving to bartending etc.

Pros

hands on experience

Cons

shot staffed

Food service director

Great place to learn and grow. The environment may be less than idea at times however, I enjoyed what I did and the people I got to meet. The hours were very long.

Pros

Free lunch great bonuses

Cons

Long hours stressful environment

Does not care about employees or customers

Company has no structure, it has no appreciation for loyal customers. Over promise and under deliver and still increases customers cost without any warning.

Pros

As a district manager you will learn everything in business

Cons

Be prepared to work 12 to 16 hours as a district manager

great place to work with great people, but you do work hard

Aramark has been very good to me. I work very hard, but the directors and managers have always treated me very well. I enjoy working with the Aramark team. I can honestly say, I like every individual I work with. The work is hard, but the people and perks make it worthwhile.

Pros

free meals, good managers and directors

Cons

the work can be hard and in all kinds of weather e.g. heat, cold, rain, etc.

Productive and fun place to work

Productive and fun place to work. Great culture and management. Very limited room for Career advancement. No bonuses and almost no compensation raise.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Low paying but pretty helpful management

I worked in catering for Aramark at Citifield in NYC. I had no issues with the management who were all mostly helpful. But the pay wasn't great for the labor put in.

The bad

No respect towards their workers. Any emergencies with family problems or anything you will have to get wrote up no matter what if you miss work. You can't call Management on the weekends because they're off work so if there's any problems at work you can't get in touch with no one.

They give you personal freedom within a performance framework

The supervisory staff is generally considering of your personal issues. They are usually easy to talk with and are slow to give direct advice. They are willing to answer training questions during the actual work time.

Pros

Special food offerings a couple of days each week

Cons

No real break times built into the schedule.

Bad work culture.

No support from management. Can not speak truth. If pay cheque is not correct no one is answerable. Even if you get employee ID and if it is not working, no help from management.

Pros

Free lunch.

Cons

Left alone and no help if any issue.

Personal Development

Incredible experience, walk into the business with a sense of ownership or join another industry. Study the business and find mentors. Pretend you’re running a small business. Understand you will face self doubt through the process, that’s okay, and build a strong emotional filter. You will get your ROI at Aramark.

Pros

Personal Development

Cons

Turnover, Base Pay

Demanding hours

Cold, ice, sleet or humid conditions to work in. They demand you to be there no matter what. You will feel all weather conditions in the plant. Breaks are short.

Could be better

Great people around. But very stressful job when understaffed. Long shifts. Flexible with the roster. Extra pay on Sunday. Helpful managers but need improvement in the top management.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Unpaid breaks, stressful when understaffed

Another Restaurant Job

I work at one of the campus locations and find that the work is pretty straightforward and plain. There is very little that sets it apart from other restaurant jobs. Though I will say, as a full time student, the hours were bent around my schedule and I had a easy time making the hours I needed. Now, that being said, the pay was less than sufficient and the benefits weren't made available to me until when I was considering to leave.

Pros

Flexible hours, simple work

Cons

Poor pay, benefits, and advancement

Flexible schedule is the only benefit

Aramark doesn’t pay fairly compared to other companies, at my workplace, people with less time and less expertise are making way more than the outsourced by Aramark, even though it’s the same department. The disparity makes Aramark employees feel less worthy and low energy to work, a sad feeling of injustice and inequality. Mostly of us feel like our job doesn’t matter and we are replaceable at any time, leaving the job at the and of the day with an empty feeling and an empty pocket! 😢

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low pay, inequality and not paid vacation.

Good place to work but management is lacking in many areas

Overall ok place to work, but management seemed more concerned about their own career paths than making sure they developed the employees that were underneath them

Managers and regional managers make all the money have the employees make nothing

Supervisors come to work high off weed disrespect the employees and get away with it University of Louisville has a very high turnover rate for the disrespect that a lot of the supervisors have for the employees start drug testing and maybe things will change

Pros

Meeting the students and athletes

Cons

Supervisors disrespecting the employees

Lazy manager

I love that it’s only Monday through Friday, and it’s only daytime. The job is not hard, it’s only difficult if the managers don’t do anything but eat for free and just tell you what to do..they need to do better with manger support.

Pros

Great schedule

Cons

Poor management

stressful

stressful and long hours. Not life balance… if you are looking to make money but in exchange for many hours it is your job. managers often do not know what they are doing

Worst place to work

I worked there for almost a year, and all the managers mistreated their employees. I would never work there. Too much stress and pressure from the supervisor. This company expects you to do all the job without taking any breaks.

Cons

no breaks, poor pay, rude managers

A very good organization to work for 2nd time chances are considered.

The company has a great insight on Customers need and to go the extra mile to insure that the customer is satisfied on all levels from the employees who serves a great meal to making sure that they have a great time while either being at a game and a smile is given from start to finish everyday.

Churn and Burn

Chasing contracts , selling deals that take months to install, and wait another 2 months to get paid on them, it’s impossible to get excited about selling here , good training for someone just getting into sales if you can sell in this industry you can sell anywhere

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Culture, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5K

InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight