Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 11,461 reviews matching the search See all 13,537 reviews
great people to work with in the school as well as with the co.
Chief/kitchen (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 19, 2019
allways wanted to come back to work there loved the job and loved the co. it was fast pased but layed back at the same time staff was always on point with the food and setup.
Bad Management
Server (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2019
At times, this job can be very stressful. The management is very rude to their employees and does not respect them at all. They will accuse you of doing something wrong before actually knowing what happened. They do not try to discuss things with their employees. They will rudely talk down to them.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No benefits, rude people
Long and busy
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Canyon, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Aaramark was a pretty good place to work, although I would have wanted to get compensated better. Everything I did while working there was not worth it.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
low pay, customer service
Decent Job
COOK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 18, 2019
Typical day at work consisted of preparing inmates to prepare and serve meals on time. supervising 12-15 inmates a 8-14 hour work shift. I've learned time management, a little food service skills and leadership skills. the hardest part of the job was making sure the portion sizes for each meal was correctly portioned evenly. most enjoyable part of the jobs would be the hourly pay.
Pros
Free Lunch, Good Hourly Wage
Cons
Stressful, Schedule
Good learning oportunity on international hiring process
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mancos, COJanuary 18, 2019
This was only a seasonal position, but the two seasons I worked there I enjoyed them. I was given opportunities by my boss to learn the international hiring process and be creative and innovative.
Pros
seasonal work
Cons
seasonal work
decent pay but poor communication
NCU Campus Event Catering Lead\Captain (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 18, 2019
they do not balance the need for a staff and the staff's need for a paycheck.

The rate of pay was competitive at the hourly rate but the ability to keep a full time position warrants a salary pay due to amount of weeks not working.
sorry to see them go
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tampa FLJanuary 18, 2019
I love Aramark and am sorry to see them go at Raymond James Stadium. They are a a great group of people to work with. I love working with the fans. My fellow co workers were mostly amazing.
Enjoyed my time
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 18, 2019
Although I was only with the company a short time, I enjoyed it very much. Due to things outside both my control and the control of the company, I had to leave long before I wanted to. I would like to get back into the Biomedical field if the opportunity presented itself.
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Food Service Worker/Cashier/Barista (Current Employee) –  San Simeon, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Being located at the Heart Castle in San Simeon California this is a busy location. Visitors from all over the world visit this location. So working with all different cultures is a plast
Pros
Free lunches
Workplace culture
District Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 17, 2019
Workplace culture is extremely negative, political, and hostile.

The ethical values within, the uniform division of Aramark, are extremely disconnected from their mission and 2015, rating of being the most ethical company in the world

They do not value employees.

Some of the practices involve compromising your personal ethics for the better of the bottom line.
Stressful
Sales (Current Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCJanuary 17, 2019
Managers do not have their stuff together at my location. Every manager will tell you to do something different. They add supervisors who are mean or not good at what they should be good at.
AE Role
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Castroville, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Great company for entry level sales reps. They have a strong culture and a sink or swim mentality, but they give you a strong foundation.

Additional benefits are volunteer opportunities, upward mobility, and company car.
The desktop support was outsourced
Customer Support Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2019
Aramark provided me with the tools to get a better job. Very technical oriented. They encouraged critical thinking. We worked hard and play hard. We had a lot a meetings and training of course.
Wonderful Job But...
Human Resources Associate, Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2019
GBS Nashville is a beautiful property, people are very nice. Couldn’t ask for a better HR Manager of Tier 1. We all work 8:30-5pm, no flexibility to change. The pay is nonnegotiable, regardless to your experience or education. Some of us are higher educated, some of us have lots of experience in HR... and some of us worked at Walmart, a call center, etc and know nothing about HR but we all make the same. Training is hands on and meetings to cover policy. You have to balance the phone, emails and a case load daily.... it’s a lot but you can manage. This is a call center setting... lots of calls. If you don’t like the phone, don’t apply. Great benefits, but wont pay for HR certification or classes towards it. Will pay for Undergrad and Grsduate degree, no PHD or Executive MBA.
Pros
Hot Food Available for Purchase, Great Benefits, Caring/Engaged Management, Fast Pased but Manaegeable
Cons
Pay is Below Nation Average, Glued to the phone at time, no flexibility in schedules.
Poor Leadership and cutting corners puts patients and clients at risk
MEDICAL DEVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 16, 2019
I cannot speak to other accounts managed by Aramark but at mine, located in central KS, leadership was non-existent and politics trumped patient and staff safety. Having come from a management background I took a position as technician and device specialist so that I could be near to and devote more time to family. My senior technician and manager were both threatened by me and my experience, acting as though I intended to either take their jobs or assist my previous employer in usurping the account. Neither was true, but why hire me if that was the case?

While working for Aramark I was routinely placed in a position where I did not have the support, resources, or training to safely and effectively service the customers equipment and was witness to multiple instances where the customer was lied to or cheated out of services or repairs that they were entitled to. I was routinely ordered to complete services that I had no training or expertise for and without proper service documentation or test equipment. Essentially, I was being ordered to sign off on services that were not properly performed. When I refused and began to call in outside service that could properly complete services I was retaliated against but not through official channels as that would highlight the failures of the program. I was vilified to the customers at official meetings and my time card was regularly modified by my manager to cheat me out of time I had worked while making it appear that I was constantly working fewer than 40 hours a week. I finally had enough when my department director,
  more... an Aramark manager, began to use me as a scapegoat for his own failure to meet the contractual obligations or meet the requirements of the medical equipment management plan.

When I went to the Imaging and general medical device regional managers at Aramark I received no response or feedback. It seemed as though the issues were systemic in nature and as a result I had to discontinue my association with this organization.

This is the first time in a 20+ year industry work history that I have had any issues of this nature with any of the organizations that I have worked with. I would strongly advise against working for this organization if you value your reputation.
Pros
Cons
a complete lack of integrity and leadership
Overall Good
Route Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJanuary 16, 2019
Overall a good company . They do take care of their people. Seniority does rule at this job . I do like working here and really hope to advance my career
Great Opportunity to work a great company
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I love where I work I enjoy the work and enjoy the day with my co workers enjoy cooking and customer service very detailed the care about you good Benicia I work Monday through Friday ocassionally over timegood work schedule
Pros
Great Job
Cons
N/a
Productive fun and good
Dockhand (Former Employee) –  Page, AZJanuary 16, 2019
It's good to work here for a first time job. I will work there again soon, its good pay for first timers. I loved the scenery and other people from around the world.
It was an ok place to work.
Lead ironer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Not a career job but can be there for many years. Work is fast past and can be very difficult at times. Not enough money to servive on. Manager's are reliable
Me encanta su ambiente de trabajo
Uniformes (Former Employee) –  ProduccionJanuary 16, 2019
Existe de parte de los supervisores un poco de preferencia con ciertos empleados . Aveces se dejan llevar por chismes . Hay personas encargadas de líneas que no saben calificar o marcar la producción. De los empleados .
Pros
Empresa muy valiosa
Cons
Ninguna

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K
44.1K
33.3K
21.2K
11.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aramark.

Powered by Comparably