Aramark Employee Reviews

I love this job there's no bad things I could say about it
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2018
I work night shift so when I came in I either went to sanitation department and clean dishes I took of carts because it was in Baylor we have brakes and we always finished our job at a decent amount of time nothing but good compliments for this job
Pros
Free health insurance
review
Utility (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 26, 2018
The hardest part of the working at Aramark is working with the coworkers because it hard to talk to each other because of different opinion and work styles in the environment.
Pros
Working at a school
Cons
Co works in gerneal
Productive and Challenging
Concessions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 26, 2018
A typical work day involves a morning meeting. Followed by an individual inventory count of all of my concession stands and portable beer stands, then I conduct a meeting with all of my stand managers, I then assign responsibilities to those who are not familiar with concessions and operations. I then check to make sure food levels and equipment are in order. Finally before the event starts I take a head count to make sure I have enough employees to operate each individual stand and I make sure they are in uniform. Then the event begins and from that point on its basically oversight and micromanaging until the end of the event. Which at that time i repeat the final inventory count, verify that with money received and submit all reports. Make sure the stands are cleaned to stadium standards and then I wait till all my employees are gone, lock up and leave.
Pros
Supervisory Role and experience
Cons
new people every-time and sometimes understaffed and under prepared inventory wise.
Productive and fast paced.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 25, 2018
If you are looking for a career in the medical field, applying in the kitchen wouldn't be a bad place to start, you get exposed to patients and doctors.
Very productive. Enjoy working along side other employees.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 25, 2018
I have been working for Aramark 19 years. I Have really enjoyed working there and interacting with the customers on a daily basis. I enjoy working with the preparation of daily meals and trying new recipes. I prepare all items for the Deli and Salad bar. I prepare any items needed for catering and deliver when needed.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks
Dump
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 25, 2018
Focused on making impossible metrics given staffing and management oversight. They try to achieve satisfactory metrics in 10+ categories defining all as 'critical'. District Managers spend more time running routes than doing their jobs.
Pros
Cons
Environment
Strong company that offers stability.
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28208May 25, 2018
Aramark is a very small, large company. That means that even thought they are huge worldwide, they feel like a small company locally. The management is friendly and people are treated like they matter.
Terrible Company
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Central City, KYMay 25, 2018
The culture at Aramark is company-focused with little regard for the worker bees at the bottom. The company talks a good game but it is all talk and no action.
Aramark Corrections is an ok place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 24, 2018
I would recommend this job to others but it all depends on what that individual what to get out of working for Aramark. if you're going for the money then you may not be satisfied
Very streesful work place
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 24, 2018
The hours go from one day 4 to 6 too the next day 10 to 12 hours no set schedule to plan around appointments or social life. Went someone calls they have no back plan so other employees have extra work. The managers have there favorite employees that can get away with anything and the employees they don't they will treat like c**p till they quit . This was one of the worst place I never work at.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No set schedule
Can be better
Biohazardous Soil Sorter (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 24, 2018
Every workforce has its clicks and of course you are bound to find that you do not see eye to eye with some. Stay away from them and your work life is fine. Obvious favoritism but if it doesn't mess with your money who cares. Management could be better. They definitely need a different union. Pay is fair. It all depends on you, whether or not you will make or break bank. Faster you work, more you get paid. All jobs are easy to learn. If you do not make a good paycheck in this easy but fast-paced workplace, I suggest looking at your work ethic. Lunch is not paid.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Bad union, Favoritism
Good job just to much work lack of help
Route sales representative (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSMay 24, 2018
It was a good job but the management was poor way too much hours caused by low staff the money was good but there is basically no family time and people are always unhappy with your performance
Nice work place except management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2018
I loved the job until we got a new manager that wasn’t fair with everyone and he was very rude to the employees. I would have loved to stay there but he was just to unfair. I would’ve love to switch to another place but he wouldn’t let me.
Great pay poor management
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2018
I love working at Aramark because I enjoy the patient interaction I had. The paid was great. Unfornately, for my family the hours were not good.I work a lot of hours that were not conductive to having a large family especially babies
Fun workplace easy and I truly love working there
Barista supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2018
I really enjoy working there it's just when you have poor management it makes a job hard. Don't care about anything but themselves. I've learned you make the job. Smile and the customers will smile with you
Pros
customers and co-workers
Cons
management
good workplace.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 24, 2018
Aramark is an alright company to work for, it just depends on the account you have to work at. You can move up but it doesn't seem like they move people up based on how well they work but if they like you or not. Like some people who don't work as hard as others will get moved up because they have some kind of friendship or relationship with the manager. Some people get treated better than others and they don't make everyone follow the same rules as everyone else. The supervisors make decisions on how certain things should be done in an account based on money making, and it is apparent that a lot of the supervisors have not worked in a kitchen before, because the changes they want to make will make it harder on the employees that do work in the kitchen. Rather than listen to the employees suggestions on how to be more effective in service, they just blow you off because your at the bottom. When the employees that actually work the kitchen everyday and have great suggestions on how to make the work better, they just focus on what can make more money, no matter how much it makes things difficult for the employees.
Pros
Easy work, routine
Cons
unequal treatment, supervisors that have no kitchen work experience
I have better things to do
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 24, 2018
This is the 4TH optional review that I was forced to do. I am trying to find a job. Filling out these reviews does nothing to help me get a job. Don't take any of my answers seriously, I was just trying to finish so I can look for a job.
My work experience at Aramark
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 24, 2018
Because this job was on a college campus, that this only really a seasonal job because once classes end, summer classes are not that big so only certain people are picked to work.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
favororitism
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CoDiningMay 24, 2018
They did not care about treating you with respect or basic human kindness. No paid lunches, breaks to be taken first three hours of shift. If your coworker calls out, good luck even getting a break. I was asked to sign a waiver saying I requested no lunch and that I was not asked to sign the waiver. Did not sign it!! I called the Chef for a bathroom break and was told to wait until next shift arrived.
Workplace culture is similar to high school cafeteria complete with gossip and bullies Hardest part of job was paying for insurance.that didn't cover office visits. Most enjoyable part of job was meeting the awesome people we served. Free lunches consist of pork, pork and more pork
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Culture, food and management
Way too many hours
Catering manager (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PAMay 23, 2018
I was a salaried manager and my director expected 12-15 hours a day. A short day was 9-10 hours a day. The work was very physical and was not told that I would have to load and unload and drive a 24 ft box truck. It was horrible. I left with no notice. No compensation for the large amount of overtime. No designated breaks. Eat when you can that is what I was told. I would never work for this company again
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours and always short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K

2.2

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight