Aramark Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Found 214 reviews matching the search See all 13,188 reviews
Truly enjoyed the learning experience and opportunity.
FOOD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
I completed the initial 90 day in2kitchen basics course while a resident at the fulton county jail in atlanta and then graduated top of my culinary arts program tha collaborated with aramark food service. Having the opportunity to learn the industry standards through aramark in a hands on environment was one of my most rewarding learning experiences I have had the pleasure to enroll in.
Busy work place
Server/Line cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2018
Typically at work I was prepping food making sure all labels on food getting ready for the day if the day if the day was slow I would do cleaning . Once the day got started I was serving in different station around the job one station had pizza and one had side foods and deserts. the hardest part about this job was dealing with attitudes and the best part was I got to eat for free.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad attitudes
good
Assistant Cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2018
I like to do but just not enough hours or pay other than that it was a good job nice manager and co workers they have a contract with the Atlanta Public Schools
Over worked / Under appreciated
Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
Very stressful work environment. Common practice to be given additional duties causing 50 plus hours per week. Not considerate of family and home life. Required to work during vacations via cell. Not honest with employees concerning training, pay raises, advancement, earned time off. Route trucks have issues and mgmt. doesn't take it serious. Perishable food being carried on trucks with broken down or no fridge or freezer at all. It says a lot about a company that has gone through 3 general managers in just 9 months and countless managers over the past year. Second GM quit by leaving his computer, cell phone, keys and building access card on his desk in the middle of the night. He could never get the support from above to get this place straightened out. Our last manager was dedicated and a long time employee with this company. Problem was the job that manager was hired for should be a two person job. That's why no manager will stay. Who's going to work 70 hours a week, 6 days a week? It's unorganized and a very hostile environment. They offer you all the training in the world for you to succeed and then when they get you in there you are lucky if you get two weeks of training. And if you don't pick it up quickly... God forbid you ask a question! You are made to feel stupid and looked down upon. Three quarters of the employees are looking for other employment, including me. This place will fall apart before years end if all the people looking for jobs find one. I can tell you I won't hang around for that, job or no job!
Pros
Benifits aren't that bad.
Cons
Worst upper management & training ever (last mgr tried very hard, got no support)
Line Cook - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2018
it was a seasonal job
Lots of prep
Lots of food
great chefs
high energy
sometime stressful
Company not at turner field anymore
Very High Volume
Pros
cool place
Cons
employee parking
not fun at all. they care about mangers only not there workers.
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
They don't care about there workers at all. Long as the job gets done they don't care. that's all that matters. There is no money in this unless you are Gm or hirer up. They do not promote with in.
Good work environment
Cabin Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2018
The work days here was too long as your day dependence on the schedule of the airport and on weather conditions. The work culture was rigorous as there was no room for advisement.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
Long work days
Work
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Work life balance can be difficult to achieve. Travel cab be extensive. Advancement is great. Pay is average. Overall, not a bad company to work for. You can advance quickly.
Good experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2018
Relocating needed, meet constumers , communication ,the job description needs more work but there were times where dealing with patients wasn’t as interesting
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Very productive
Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2018
They was very productive at sometimes. The work experience was kind of a great experience for me. I enjoy working there i just wish i could have a full time job with them instead of a part time job.
Pros
Free lunches the same thing everything
Cons
Breaks
Is a very nice place to work for because of the location
COOK (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2018
Nice company you get to meet a lot of different people at the location that I work at which is Georgia Pacific. You get to serve different people from different companies.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short lunch
Airlines contractor for Delta Airlines
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
As Duty Manager, I was responsible for the day shift air traffic coming into the International Hartsfield/Jackson Airport in Atlanta; where we managed the on time preparation of aircraft arriving and departing for Delta Airlines. We placed over 40 teams into the operation daily to ensure the on time service Delta is known for in the industry.
Pros
Action position/fast pace environment
Cons
Not much chance for advancement
Fun job to have great people to work with.
Stand Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2018
Always unpredictable on the time you leave work due to ties and or weather or than that loved it great opportunity. Nice people to be around. Benefits are not the best but they’re good. There are never really any hours unless you’re a supervisor or higher.
Pros
Free games and concerts
Cons
No breaks little hours to work
Food runner
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
Work for Aarmark at Turner Field Brave stadium so when come in to work you have to prep your stuff like condiments for the guest and then you wait for the guest ticket # to come up then you have to take it out to the siittin in the bowl area.
Fun workplace filled with excitement
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2018
I would have loved to still be working with this company but it was a non profit organization called Prestigous Youth. I would highly recommend people to join Aramark.
Pros
Free Food, Got to Explore, Fun People
Cons
Getting Paid every 2 weeks or more depending on our payroll
A very good company to work for
Food Runner/Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2018
Aramark was the company I worked for the longest it was fast paced, the employee were so cool including the managers I liked for the simple fact I worked during baseball games and I love sports we got paid weekly plus tips.
to many bosses
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
i started cleaning suites i love this i worked alone then i needed to change to the night shift their was an opening for a team leader i applied for it and i got the job when i first started it was great we got a new manager and everything that was getting reported was not getting to the right people it got really bad to the point that it was effected the quality of the work
Bad management.
EVS Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2018
Bad management low pay to much work for one person.management would expect everything to be done at the end of the shift high turnover short of help all the time.
Poor Management
Soil Sorter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2018
They give you a tacks to do which is not reasonable. But they tell you it can be done but they can't prove it and they hold it against you and write you up. Management trys to talk to you any kind of way.
Great Place
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2018
Enjoyed the job while I was there. I would greatly recommend this as a place for someone to get a start. The hours were good and the work was enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight