Aramark Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Found 307 reviews matching the search See all 12,864 reviews
Good job, good pay, poor management
Warehouse Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2018
It's a great job, but very poor management skills, they hire to many relatives from the same family, making it impossible to be treated fairly. Favoritism is a real problem at aramark
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very hot in the summer months
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2018
organized
team work
easy job
just do your job your day will go good
communication
big location will get lost
being on break you get 3 breaks
good work culture
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
bring own lunch
good company to work for
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
they pay well and get rise every year. it is a great place to work and the coworkers are great. it can get stressing at times dealing with difficult client but over all fun work experience
Pros
work with school schedule
Cons
stressing at times
Too much expected and not enough support
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2018
They expected too much from their DM's and scope of work. They had us selling, retaining, training, sourcing, recruiting, hiring, on boarding our new employees. I had over 29 accounts and they expected quarterly business reviews with everyone.
Large company
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2018
It is a company with many divisions. Worked in the laundry facility. Schedules were flexible with employee needs. Regular scheduled maintenance on equipment.
Pros
working equipment
Cons
Being on call
Slow an a hard place to work
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 7, 2018
When I first started I thought it was a good place to work I was getting a lot of hours making a lot of money and then it stopped but I had choosing to work for third shift and that was the worst idea I ever had the people there was lazy didn't have any work experience and was just real lazy
Productive Work Place
Retail Manger (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2018
Aramark is a ok place to work but at my place of work it is a little unorganized. And we sometimes have to work long days if we have a call off in our location.
Pros
Good Insurance for employees
Depending on the account, can be a great place to work.
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2018
Leadership has worked to change the culture and has some successes. They are still working to improve. Depending on the account, it can be a really great place to work. Job security is a definite concern.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Job security can be questionable from time to time.
Productive work environment
Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2018
Enjoyable place to work. Pay was good. Worked at two properties during my employment. It was great getting paid weekly. Met several nice people working at Aramark. Would work for company again in future if opportunity was possible.
Pros
Daily meals
Cons
Seasonal job
Used to be a good company to work for
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2018
Significant changes by executive management team over the past several years have negatively impacted work/life balance and employee morale. Used to be a good company that I was proud to work for, but not anymore.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Workload, salary/merit increases, hours, morale, etc.
Busy!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2018
I loved my position with this company. I learned new processes, training programs, summer employee outings, smart, educated people. Convenient commute, accrued PTO and sick time separately.
Pros
No micro-managing
Cons
Lunch breaks too short.
Very unorganized and lacks care for employees
Stand Lead (manager) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2018
I was shorted in my pay and harassed til i quit by Human Resources and when i attempted to come back i was blocked by Human Resources.. the days were long and rewards were short
Pros
The employees i worked with
Cons
Everything else
Love working with my team we have fun while we get the job done
Meeting rooms (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
I love the vibes I get when I come to work it’s like my second home I love my job and my co workers.i also love the fun day we be having good food and laughs
Cons
Yes love the breaks when we done working
Good advancement if willing to relocate
Senior Manger Retail (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Great company, where I got my start in healthcare food service. If your willing to learn the sky is the limit. Opportunities to expand your scope into facilities, EVS, transport, and thats just in healthcare.
Pros
pay, benefits, opportunity
Cons
under a contract
prep and serve children
Lunchroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2018
We start the day by getting breakfast ready
we prep and serve the students
wipe down the tables wash the dishes and prep certain things for the next day
lunch periods are
11:00-11:45
12:00-12:45
1:00-1:45
everything has to be set up and cleaned off 15 minutes before every lunch periods
managing the kitchen was pretty easy just having the other staff around the school work with us was kind of hard.
the most enjoyable were the children of course. they've all had their different personalities
Pros
free lunch, 2 15 min breaks and 1 30 minute break, paid days
Cons
no over time..
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2018
When I was working there it felt like the place was falling apart. They went through a lot of managers who seemed like they have never worked in a kitchen before. I would not recommend anyone ever work there
Aramark Sports & Entertainment
Assistant Concessions Manager (A2L Participant) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Due to the nature of the business in Sports & Entertainment, the hardest part of the job is the event based schedule. This makes work life balance difficult to achieve due to the mandatory events. However, this line of business provides new opportunities, and experiences, that I would have never gotten to learn at a "desk job". There is always the opportunity to solve problems and think on your feet. No two days are ever the same so it is extremely difficult to become bored in your job.
Pros
free staff meal, 401k contribution, PTO and Vaca, working in Sports and Entertainment- exciting Line of Business
Cons
rough work life balance
Very Pro Active place
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2018
The Field Museum is a worldwide known museum which makes it an extremely interested placed to work and develop your customer service skills as sometimes you get people from different parts of the world as different parts of the country with different food needs. As food service supervisor in a high volume of visitors to the museum it keeps us always thinking ahead and be proactive so you will be ready for the business day. The biggest challenge at the restaurants in the Field Museum is keeping enough staff to meet the demand of food service on a busy day. The enjoyable part of the job is that even do I work in the food service restaurants you also get to see some museum exhibits before the public and than talk about it to the public.
Pros
Meeting People
Cons
Staffing
Great Place To Work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2018
Great work experience, many opportunities for growth and training which resulted in better decision making on a daily basis. I always had support and someone to talk to when I needed advice.
Pros
Supportive Co-workers
Cons
Limited Technology
Fast pace work place
Load make up (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2018
The management was friendly and fair. All the employee's were very friendly and helpful on the job. There was easy room for advancement. Paid vacations. Pretty much all the overtime you desired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K
43.9K
33.2K
21.2K
1980

See reviews about

Diversity score

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aramark.

Powered by Comparably