Aramark Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

rude supervisors and managers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2017
the managers and supervisors were so unprofessional . they did not help out with things they never were able too finish any task . they hire people for they same position but give everyone different salaries
Aramark is a good company to work with because they are good employers and managersand good food
Dishwasher/Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2017
Aramark is a good place to work in because as long as your doing your job they wont bother you. what I learn from Aramark is a fast pace to work at you learn to do so many different things. the employees are such good people work with and very friendly such as managers. worker's in Aramark are very respectful and when it comes to working as a team the worker's work together.
Pros
free launches, good managers
Cons
short breaks, fast pace
Aramark has good benefits
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2017
There have been four managers in the three years and three months I've spent. I did not really ever get a raise until I made it a priority to ask for and convince my current manager that I needed better compensation. The benefits are great, but, if you don't want to relocate, it's difficult to advance without knowing someone.
Benefits
Cons
Salary not high enough to live a full, balanced life
A good place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2017
Easy going environment. Enjoyable people for the most part. This position provided excellent opportunities to advance as well as a union that serves you well. Fast paced which required pinpoint execution.
Very relaxed and chill work place
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2017
A day at work was very fast paced, but it was normal. Everybody knew what needed to be done and did their job. My stand lead was very helpful and she kept everyone on one accord.
Good Place to Work
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILNovember 29, 2017
Good place to work. Good benefits, ethical company that is easy to stand behind and work for. They work hard on engagement and retention. The culture is very team-orientated, and getting the job done and the deadlines met together. I recommend this company.
No Teamwork
Mat Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2017
Supervisors treat the employers like they are nothing and also management has no morals when it comes to the concerns of the being employed with Aramark.
Time spent
currently Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2017
Typical work hours are nine to five which is uncommon in this field. Open 364 days a year so expect to work every holiday if you are good at your job. Recent management changes is what caused me to leave and lack of advancement positions. Seems like a political work environment and rewards are not necessarily given based on merit. Overall good company just not the best location.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Employment
temporary work
Kitchen Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2017
i was only working here for a short period of time didnt really feel like i was welcome there always felt stressful and tense when i worked there felt like i was being judge.
Worked there for a while, No Upward mobility
Suite Runner Bartending, Food and Alchohol Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2017
It is basically a place to work in the industry if you want to get service jobs bartending or catering at major locations, but past that there is no capability of raises or promotions.
Quick paced, Dependable, Job stability
CUSTODIAL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2017
I am responsible for opening the school. I have learned how to strip and wax floors. The management is open, flexible and honest. I enjoy the school environment. The hardest part is when things are unorganized.
The benifits of working at a portable Grill
Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60601October 10, 2017
A typical day at work consist of signing in and being searched, then reporting to my portable stand where inventory is took and food area is thoroughly cleaned, food is then prepped then cooked, and ready for purchase by customers
Na
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2017
It was a good facility to work in. i enjoy working they for the 3 years I was there. Great people amd enviromemt to worl with. I will definalty recommend others to join.
Fun work place
CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2017
High energy and very positive work place .start day off by making coffee and putting out fresh fruit.then interacting with guest .i learned a lot on the job about patience when you deal with customers.most enjoyable part of job was the satifaction in serving guest
Pros
rewards
Cons
short lunches
Day off
Meeting rooms (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2017
A fun day at work with pin pong balls is. When u open a door to yo room in a100 pin pong balls fall all over u in ever on is happy in talk about the little game we all play sometimes.
Pros
U get to set sometime
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to learn
Assistant Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Aramark teaches you how to run an entire operation, not just a department. Learning financials and payroll really helped me grow as an manager, training me to own my own business
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Upper management turnover is high
productive and fun in the work place
Lead Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
start of the inventory with the supervisor, gave cashier there money for jurors. next fired up the grill made sure coworkers had there stations prepared. stadium doors open and greeted and prepared food for customers
a great place to meet people from all over the world different cultures
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Aramark is a seasonal job with no benefits minimum of 20 hours per week I'm a single parent what responsibilities so therefore I'm looking for a job that I can grow in with benefits paid vacations and more
Fun And exciting work place
Concessions Stand Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
I love working for soldiers field it a great environment to be working in. I meet all kinds of people from all walks of life and just enjoy connecting with them
out door indoor events
Catering server/Bartender/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2017
food and beverage prep giving customers the ultimate experience of food and entertainment
Work can be out doors you work concerts, sporting events private party
Pros
concert and high prfile events good money
Cons
mostly weekends and venues hours from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.