Aramark Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

1946
Found 316 reviews matching the search See all 12,513 reviews
OK place
Cashier/Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
Place is only an ok place when you want to be entertained by the public wearing the weirdest clothing for laughs and laughs are what you will get. But the management is so disrespectful to their employees all the way up to human resource and just over all lies and sticks together because of their entitlement.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
A lot of room for growth, and learing.
Cook Food service mgr. Cashier Line worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
Overall was a great place to work. Food service mgr. for 13 yrs with the School District. Worked in Concessions for 8 yrs part time at George R. Brown Center. Training was great., teamwork and my managers,
Pros
Free lunches training on safety
Cons
short breaks time off
Not a good job, bad mangagement
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
I was the most knowledgeable stationary engineer for all the Harris County jails but due to how they handled or didn't handle repairs. It was getting too dangerous to work the boiler could blow up. They didn't properly maintain the all the equipment.
Pros
Like working with the personal
Cons
Bad management
great job atmosphere
Suites Kitchen and Pantry Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
Love the work environment and staff at Aramark. Been there two years now and l am looking forward to the upcoming season. The management and everyone treats employees with respect.
Fast paced yet fun place to work for
Concessions (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2018
It was a quick learned job to be a great experience to work and achieve what you look for in a job. You will really enjoy the job and the co-workers around you.
Nice place to work, took care of their employees
LEAD COOK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Very nice place to work, they have alot of incentives for their employees, took the time out to train their employees, very crosstrained, learned alot while working for this company
Enviornment is great
Runner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77054July 7, 2018
Aramark is a great place to work and meet new people. I have learned a lot from everyone there. They are an hands on company. The management are always willing to hear my ideas and value my work.
no games just work
NRG (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
steward maintain cleanliness of pots,pans,sweeping,mopping,keeping all kitchen utensils clean making sure things were prepared for football games and different events
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
good breaks
Productive, fast paced
Shipping/Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
A typical day working at Minute Maid involved unloading approximately 7 - 10 trucks a day. Unloading various dry and refrigerated items in a timely manner. Rotating and stocking these items to ensure overall freshness when presented to the customer. Also responsible for shipping/receiving of parcels from FedEx and U.P.S, and ensuring proper delivery of the parcels to their respected departments.
A rewarding career path
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2018
Living in an growing big city like Houston is gonna have it's pros and cons on a career in a company like Aramark such as
PROS: Good medical benefits (in a medical driven city), A great place to make friends (tons of people in Houston), and a good family oriented environment at Aramark (everyone seemed to care about everyone personally).
CONS: Paygrade is a landlord's best friend (If you not making at least $12/hr highly unlikely to live good in Houston), Transportation in a big city is horrible (Traffic to work is a bust around shift times), Break times are horrible though at Aramark (numerous times its was 15-30 minutes lucky if you got 30 because of the open consumer hubs you work in).
Other than that I loved working for Aramark in Houston.
Pros
Medical benefits, Working hours daily, Family oriented.
Cons
Living arrangements, Transportation, Short breaks.
ARAMARK contract
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2018
With a new family member. I was always worried about the time ARAMARK would hold the current contract. Two years after I left. They lost the contract.
Hard heavy workload
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
It was hard work to carry ice tubs filled with beers up and down the stands. People get rowdy while watching games and drinking. After they changed my pay to minimum instead of commission knew it was time to quit for my own well being.
Workplace is stressful & very poor communication between co-workers & management
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
My workplace needs a lot of improvement more communication co-workers working together & just getting assignment done on time . Managment needs to be more involve with there workers & make them more responsible so everyone’s job is easier .
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, not enough workers, stressful
Horrible
Seasonal part-time money room teller/attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
This company makes me so sick to my stomach
I was over worked and underpaid.
A new hire started pay more than me for the same job and she had no experience or special skills.
I worked over 3 years and stayed at 9.30 an hour
productive, a lot of lifting up to 50 pounds , bending walking and standing for long periods of time
Concessions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
been with the company for 5 yrs now, I find it enjoyable, great hours awesome people . the great thing about Aramark you do have room to grow and showcase your skills.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
health care
Fun and fast-paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
It was a good place to work for people my age. At the time the hours was nice and the pay was good. It was fun and fast paced. I’d recommend Aramark to friends.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
On my feet all day
Ok
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2018
Good place and coworkers OK ,some good days, slow days but it was still OK from to clean in event areas,work in area that had offices ,it was hard to go after shift was over.
Productive work place and students
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2018
Very well good work place with great staff and students ...Great school to send your kids to with a lot of different programs to further their education
Pros
access to a lot of events on campus
Cons
short breaks and hours
The most enjoyable part of the job
Stand Manager/Cashier/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
I would say the most enjoyable part of working for Aramark was the overall learning experience I had while with them for over one year. I worked as a runner, cashier, and was training to become a stand manager and I learned plenty about each position. I enjoyed doing all of the requirements and believed each position taught me something new every day.
not all together
Club Floor Supervisor/Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
Horrible Management with ridiculous hours and absolutely ZERO training. They treat their employees like they are ependable at any time and make sure you know it. Every other day someone was quitting and they was no actual training for anyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight