Aramark Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

33.1K
21.1K
1942
Found 474 reviews matching the search See all 12,492 reviews
Creative office with a lot of competition
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2018
Too much competition and not much transparency. There is no job security, too many rounds of layoffs makes it difficult to create a healthy work culture.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Lack of transparency and job security
Very strong team environment with opportunity to advance
Facility Services District Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2018
Very good division with supportive management and opportunity to work across nosiness segments. The group was very committed to service and safety for staff
typical work day
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2018
ordering, preparing, serving meals. Leading, and coaching. Providing a team atmosphere for employees, and an enjoyable dinning experience for students.
Pros
free lunch, uniform reimbersment
Cons
having enough substitute employees to fill in when necessary
RN, BSN, BBA (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2018
ARAMARK is a wonderful company to work for. There are many opportunities to learn and grow professionally. The teams are all great. The only reason to leave was to continue education and growth.
Fun work place
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2018
Live the environment. Everyone was so friendly and so
helpful when I first started. The hours were great and I got the chance to cook what I wanted for lunch in several occasions. I learned a lot there.
Very fast paced. Crazy scedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
I worked at the Sports Stadiums in Philadelphia. The upper managment were terrible and did not know how ti perform their jobs. Coworkers are terrible; always play around and couse trouble.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Can be sceduled to work for one event and then the next day they wont let you work.
Cost cutting its way to growth
Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2018
The corporate office has terrific people, doing great work, but in a toxic culture. Senior management is constantly cutting budgets and staff in areas essential to growth, all in the name of this quarter's earnings.
Pros
Easy commute by train, adjacent to Reading Terminal Market.
Cons
Toxic culture, constant reorganizations and layoffs
great pay
Deli Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2018
if u love to cook and meet people this the place for you..good money friendly sfaff free lunch good working hours and there room to grow with company .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days
Interesting people, but lack of passion
.NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2018
Aramark was interesting in the sense that everyone around you is friendly and if you periodically get stuck with a problem, you get help when they're available. Structure was also traditional enterprise and the meetings were consistent with the right amount of organization to get iteration of iteration pushed through between different stages of development.

The strange part of working for Aramark is how everyone couldn't wait until the week was over. Nobody seemed connected with the application they were working on. Occasionally you receive a task that is not elaborated well enough by the business analyst team, which can delay development and most especially testing. Lots of development depended on an outsourced management team from Russia, which had a tendency to confuse the team from time to time as far as MVP and expectations were concerned.

Overall, not necessarily a bad place to work, but so much legacy environment configurations and depreciated code structure to deal with that can surmount to a little headache here and there. The developer leads also seemed to have a tendency to not make the best technical implementation decisions.
Pros
Everyone is friendly and gets along pretty well
Cons
Some delays especially with management and clients provide inconsistencies
Cool experience at the stadiums, management could have been a little better
Concessions Assistant Stand Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2018
Easy, fun and fast-paced envoronment, you never know what kind of people you'd run into on a daily basis. At times it was difficult findind management when supplies was needed. Hours and work days sucked at times.
Pros
Food vouchers, hourly pay
Cons
Sometimes difficult tracking management down for assistance. Diffult working woth coworkera at times
Team atmosphere
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2018
Stepped in the door in 1978 and stayed more than 39 years. Team work atmosphere made it easy to learn new skills from colleges.
Family atmosphere between employees made for a very positive experience.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Management does not keep employees Informed
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
Loved working here because of the people and the environment. Management was great like I've said the culture and people made it enjoyable to work at.
Undermines All Lower-Level Employees
Intern for Groundskeeping in Higher Education (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2018
I accepted a position for a summer internship with this company, thinking it would advance my career in Facilities Management, and that I could potentially be offered a full-time job after graduation. Needless to say, not only was I not offered a full-time position from Aramark, after graduation, I was flat-out rejected one, based on a performance metric that my supervisor had submitted without my prior consent (which had I worked two weeks extra, instead of just ten, which was the minimal requirement, I would have otherwise known in my exit-interview).
For such reasons, my rejection email came to me as an abrupt surprise when I had just started my senior year at Temple University (one of the many Pennsylvania-wide universities through which Aramark had a professional networking co-op agreement, that had basically offered me an internship position, as well as potentially a full-time entry-level job, as a recent Temple graduate). Therefore, not only did I now lack any promise of a job offer; but I also now lacked the right professional connections to link me to the job I so desire, with the exception of no other than a select few professors, an unreliable alumni network, and a supervisor I ended up having at another job who might not know anybody I have thus reached out to, in the past two years, since the job I ended up wanting within my field isn't necessarily related to his department in groundskeeping. More of what I want to do now that I have shadowed at a hotel abroad (if it weren't for that opportunity, I still would have no idea what to do with my life), involves maintenance
  more... at an operations level. I also enjoy space management, but I probably do not have the right amount of experience for that.
With the aforementioned knowledge, it is of my consent to not only discourage people from seeking an internship let alone a job offer with Aramark but to also elaborate on how they consistently treat their lower-level employees and interns like dirt (when they're not patronizing them with senseless incentives and social media communities) as well as continuously pigeonhole their employees into roles that only require certain skill-sets (hence further lack of professional growth).
Pros
The only good thing about this company is the food they serve at their staff cafeteria, in spite of being overpriced.
Cons
Not only is their cafeteria food overpriced, all the food they serve at any public venue which they serve is overpriced (I have never in my life, before realizing my chicken tenders came from Aramark, have had to pay at least $7 for a platter of chicken fingers, or up to $15 for a platter of chicken fingers and french fries)
My Job
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19107July 1, 2018
I feel a better understanding between management and the culinary staff is needed, Management should learn to talk " to" employees instead of "at" them. I do enjoy my culinary team .
Pros
Free lunch Close to home
Cons
unmatched 401k for supervisors, short lunch, no one works a 40 hour week, overtime isn't allowed even when short staffed, Management unwilling to listen to staff in regards to working style and recipes
Don't Waste your time
General Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2018
I repeat do not waste your time!! upon entering the convention, in the heart of center city I expected so much more. A huge disappointment, Very unprofessional establishment, from the managers all the way up to the CEO's (they don't even acknowledge you) Dedicated workers aren't compensated anything extra over anybody else, or given first consideration for work hours.

Management will merge personal into professional business, which is very unethical. I've met plenty of Temps who came and personally told me they get more hours than the regulars. They care nothing about the workers, just added bodies to keep the business running and making them look good.
Pros
Free lunches, some downtime
Cons
immature workers, petty management, seasonal hours, favoritism
Productive and enjoyable work environment,
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19106June 20, 2018
Only worked there a short time, but while there enjoyed my work and was treated fairly. They gave you the opportunity to make some decisions on your own and backed up your decision. Very fair.
Pros
Nice working atmosphere
Cons
Productive and fast paced work place
Lead Runner , Cook ,Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2018
It’s good place to work also good for learning new things meeting new people good opertunities also have to have a good sense of urgency must be open to new things fun and loving crew always giving a helping hand
My view
Trash runner and stand attendant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2018
I work at two facilities citizen bank park and lincoln financial field, is a good job pays well to what work is. I basically work when there are events at the two facilities that am employed. I only work average of 6 hours a day, pay is great to what am doing but is lack of days of work as there may only 3 events one week,some weeks no events, but other weeks 5 events. Then once baseball and football seasons are done I have no work which means no income.
Pros
$15 food voucher on days of work, can drink free when thirsty
Cons
Laxk of days of work
great working environment
Meeting, Convention, and Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2018
Productive and a fun workplace to learn and grow with co-workers , get another step to a better position with more opportunities and growth within the company.
Great people.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2018
Aramark was a great company. There was no room for advancement. This was a seasonal job with very late hours as you worked sports events and concerts. The people were great. Many there for a long time. The people had a family atmosphere among them.
Pros
seasonal employment
Cons
late hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight