Aramark Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Found 496 reviews matching the search See all 13,188 reviews
typical day
CUSTODIAL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2018
my typical day at work is preparing cleaning items to create a safe and clean environment for all customers. also, cleaning the assigned area in which where Aramark is contracted.
Faced paced, intense enviornment
Concessions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2018
Was a good place for a first job, working a lot of hours and learning mass food production. High demand in a short time frame. Learned how to balance a stand and find discrepancies in the inventory
World wide company
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2018
Great company to advance if your willing to relocate, or change positions. The pay is very good although insurance has increased immensely over the last few years.
Pros
Free lunches, promotions, benefits
Cons
No work life balance which is typical for management
schedule is main issue
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19107October 17, 2018
The goal is to get everyone as close to 40 hours a week as possible without going over. There is not really any opportunity for advancement. I have spoke to many people who have had the same job for 20 years, (which tells you its a good place to work) but that is because you will not be working everyday unless you are hired at a location such as a college cafeteria. I work at an inconsistent, event-based location. The schedule is often only available a few days before you are scheduled... this presented many problems for someone such as myself working multiple jobs!! incant request off 2 days ahead of time. If you don't show up you will be terminated.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Inconsistent schedule
Great work environment
Food/Beverage Runner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2018
I love working for Aramark at Citizens Bank Park. I have met a bunch of great people that I now call my friends. I love the fast-paced work environment and I love being around baseball. It is a great part-time job for someone who enjoys the restaurant industry.
its just ok
Food service worker/ caterer/cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2018
its just not a place that i look at as my dream job i see myself working for myself or at a career job its not enough money and the way they do the hours is also a pain
Exhausting stressful work
Supervisor of Concessions and Catering (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2018
Schedule seems to be made up on the fly, I never know when or where I am starting until the day before. Every day we seem to be short on time and staff.The hardest part of the job are the time constraints. Too much is expected in very short windows of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the free food available.
Pros
Free meals, different atmospheres
Cons
no breaks, long irregular hours
Very little guidance but high expectations
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2018
Role at Aramark was to manage the Kronos hardware.

Very little instructions were given, yet productivity was still expected right off the bat. Little chance to advance in this position.
Staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2018
Some of the Staff that were suppose to be managers were ignorant and very disrespectful. There was one manager that was attracted to men and he would do things and say things that made people feel uncomfortable.
Great company, learned a lot
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2018
I've spent many years working for Aramark in different capacities. I learned a lot and would love to work for them again. I found the salary to be, better than that of most companies.
Pros
I always had weekends off
Cons
Some locations are run better than others
Lack of leadership and clear direction
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
Many people feel like there are more layoffs right around the corner. No clear projects or direction. No software development principles are followed. There is no QA testing or anything of the sort. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Really nice coworkers
Fast paced and fun
Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2018
It was a good place to work for if you wanted extra money!! The interaction with the fans were amazing. If you like to travel ,they also pay you to do out of town jobs and events!!
Pros
Free lunch and tips
Cons
Short breaks
Okay Overall
Senior Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2018
Overall good place to get some supply chain experience. Good work/life balance. Terrible benefits. Below average pay. Not an innovative or proactive place to work, but a good solid place to get some experience.
I find that Aramark is a a wonderful place great company to work for outstanding customer service
Concession and maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2018
Great company that works for I have no complaints I feel like more people should work for the company it's good to keep and maintain steady work a great and friendly environment most of all wonderful customer service
Very slow passed and hours varied with the seasons.
Cashier/Customer Service cater (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2018
It was a great job. Didn’t agree with the facts your hours varied with the seasons. They eventually end up losing their contract with law firm not sure for what reasons. At certain times of the years we would have to file for unemployment ..
supervisor / Manager
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR/MANAGER JHN -JEFFERSON HOSPITAL (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2018
Making sure the tray line is working smoothly . And they have everything they need for the patients meals. Also make sure the cafe is running smoothly. and they have everything they need for the staff and the public.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Philly tax
Terrible
Chef (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2018
Unorganized. And not a hpod place to work. The managers are not team players and don't like to help out on busy days. Wouldn't recommend
Disorganized Leadership
Director of Food Service Operations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2018
Aramark is making strides to correct its deficiencies but they are easily 10 years behind in technology. Supply chain drives our business right now and we typically do not follow our corporate values.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
leadership is weak and unfocused
productive
event staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2018
you meet a lot of new people and and get to see some pretty cool things. it's always a new experience at the job. you build everlasting relationships.
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
It was a good place to work. The coworkers are very helpful and shared information to assist you with any problems. I very seldom had to go to my supervisor with questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight