Aramark Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Very intresting job and fun
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2017
I had a great time working for them i worked in the stadium wayching the eagles play sometimes security sometime clean up after the game. I had a good time all the time they even gave us foid valtures at half time the exsperience was great i got to meet new people hang with great people so much to be said about this job great just great
Pros
Great
Aramark
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2017
Working concession stands for Aramark was not a fun experience. We always had issues because our managers were not present most of the time, we did not receive appropriate training, and managers lacked training, management and financial skills.
Aramark is a friendly work place.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2017
I remember working long hours. I love sports so I had a good time. I learned about the different wines. The food was faboulos and the customers was very nice!
Part Time Only
Audit Consultant, Sales Tax Audit Team (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2017
Was a part time consultant here. Good team, fun environment. Not too stressful. Could have used better data organization, though, as that would have made the job easier.
Large company with many different outlets and job opportunities.
Custodial Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2017
Aramark is a very large corporation, with many open positions and opportunities. When in a small branch of the company sometimes you hard work is over looked. I would refer anyone starting out to work for Aramark to gain work experience that you probably would not gain anywhere else. As i am getting older i feel like my skills and experience will be appreciated more with another company.
ok company to work for
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2017
My typical day at work consisted of me cooking on the grill for a number of students that attend school on a college campus. I learned how to manage temp logs and cater to a number of people at onetime. Management was not the best. The workplace culture was great. The hardest part about the job was dealing with management and the most enjoyable part was the pay and raises.
running all day and helping others slacker
UTILITY LEAD, COLD PREP (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2017
I work on Aramark for 5 years because was the only job I found at that moment the used to call me kitchen * and disrespect me most of the time .......
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Aramark
Creative Director, Consumer Strategies (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2017
Typical big corporation atmosphere, lack of talent development for a big corporation was surprising. Flexible work schedule (able to come in late leave early if needed), great benefits, pay could be better, every year there are layoffs (head counts).
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Yearly layoffs
Strenuous work but worth it
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2017
At the Linc, it is always a very quick-paced day. The second you walk in, a thousand different things are thrown at you. THe management for the most part is very welcoming, happy, and understanding. The hardest part of the job would probably be the amount of people you deal with. It can go from three customers to 50 customers really quickly. Some customers are not as nice as others. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I am helping raise money for my team.
Pros
Free lunches, always a good time
Cons
Sometimes it's impossible to sit down for a second
Unorganized - corporate environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2017
Senior management only looking out for themselves. Not well organized. Lots of travel. Increases in pay are minimal. Upper management is poorly structured and reflects on the organization.
Do not recommend
Associate Vice President, HR Transformation PMO (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
There needs to be a change in some top leadership roles before transformational progress can be made across the organization. I felt stifled in attempts to create value for the company.
Work place
Assistant Manager of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2017
A typical day of work includes arriving early to check callouts and vacations, fill those positions with part-timers, check email for any posted projects or areas of concern. Check the bed board to seee how many are there to clean on our shift which dictates how busy our night is going to be. Meet staff in the sign in area, make sure everyone is present, then tour out areas of responsibility and check on staff.
There are 5 managers on 2nd shift and we work pretty good together. I am in charge of projects so I'm checking floor work, carpets etc. throughout the hospital.
Pros
I like working with my colleagues
Cons
Expensive Healthcare
Great Production
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2017
Very exciting work place. Production consist of Fine dinning catering events which were fun to execute. Beautiful platting and great knowledge on high end produce.
Pros
catering events
Cons
closed account
It was quite some time ago. But I remember the culture being very "uptight"
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2017
The company attempted to address the culture/ office environment by having an annual holiday party for employees and their families.
This was an event that staff looked forward to.
Pros
Very successful company
Cons
Office culture was "stuffy
Aramark review
Production Chef (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2017
a typical day was very busy because the restaurant was a Culinary school Caterer and Restaurant combined. one of the important things I learned was how to multi task, the students we were teaching make it a great work place the hardest thing to do was teaching and cooking at the same time however the most enjoyable was seeing students graduate.
Pros
Great enviornment
Cons
too much going on at the same time
Fast paced and fun
Bartender Tender (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2017
Working conventions that were held in Philadelphia was very enjoyable, getting to meet people from all over the country, as well as getting to see some of the displays of the conventions was very rewarding..
Not that bad of a job could have been worst.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 1, 2017
It is not that good of a place to work. there are no benefits. The management sucks completely. They are very unsanitary. Management doesn't do their jobs like they are suppose to.
A challenging job that led to success
Resident District Manager, School Support Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2017
This operation allowed me to grow an operation from 10 accounts and 3.5M to 220 plus locations and 60M in managed volume. I learned that it takes a team to be successful. You need to work to develop a team to grow sales of the account and daily revenues.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Very stressful environment
OBIEE Developer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2017
It is nice place to work and i learned more from aramark and working culture is very nice. i am a consultant and my contract is over so i am leaving this organization.
This was a great place to work.
Food Service Attendant/Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2017
This was a very fun place to work at. Consisted of a small amount of workers, Got along well. Stress free environment and also laid back. No managers over your shoulders with whips. Let you do your job in piece and we were always reliable.
Pros
Free lunch, can prepare whatever you wanted to eat here
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.