Aramark Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 438 reviews matching the search See all 13,188 reviews
Great schedule to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 12, 2018
This was an absolute gold mine especially if you do not have any customer service nor food service experience. You just work to stay calm and work with a team. One of the best workplaces. They offer free additional hours so you can gain as much money you want! Such an awesome company to work for. The managers at the location were very helpful too! We all feel like we are family!
Pros
family, flexible hours, great pay
Cons
wish pay was a lot more
well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 4, 2018
i enjoyed the fact that the job was inside the hospital its a great opportunity to get to know alot of drs and nurses and ways to link yourself into the actual hospital .
Fast Paced during Concerts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quincy, WAOctober 29, 2018
This job was a temporary summer job during concert season at the Gorge. Management was OK. It was very interesting to see all of the concert goers. You see a lot of crazy stuff out there.
Wonderful advancement opportunities
Cashier/Suite Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78220October 19, 2018
Love the company and the people as well as the guests. They are understanding of all situations and they are handled with the proper respect and care.
Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 19, 2018
Very poor management. You have managers, supervisors, then team leaders, and you are below them and getting different directions from each one. I wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management
schedule is main issue
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19107October 17, 2018
The goal is to get everyone as close to 40 hours a week as possible without going over. There is not really any opportunity for advancement. I have spoke to many people who have had the same job for 20 years, (which tells you its a good place to work) but that is because you will not be working everyday unless you are hired at a location such as a college cafeteria. I work at an inconsistent, event-based location. The schedule is often only available a few days before you are scheduled... this presented many problems for someone such as myself working multiple jobs!! incant request off 2 days ahead of time. If you don't show up you will be terminated.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Inconsistent schedule
Great part time place
Parttime cashier (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 14, 2018
Try it if you need part time monies its here. The staff is quick. Lets you work out your own schedule...no gripes. Just what I wanted for now.

People there understand you need the extra money. You don't have to sell your soul JUST WORK, you will make it here & go luck.
Pros
Cons
None, good people trying to do their jobs
Disappointed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  University of South Florida, FLOctober 10, 2018
At MSC in USF TAMPA I signed up and that's when a supervisor noticed me & said she'll contact soon to schedule interview. The interview went alright,just few basic questions like current work experience and bad day at work. I was told about dress code,timings.The supervisor seemed nice and considerate that I would start a while after the start date as I had a vacation planned already. However, after I started the job, things weren't the way I expected them to be. I had been counting the money at a slow-pace on the first day and one of their employees at the office became mad at me and said it wasn't a good sign.This is something that upset me and ruined my starting day. They weren't understanding towards the fact that I was new and needed time to be better. They also gave extra work like throwing all garbage, cleaning drink nozzles, keeping track of expiration dates and items thrown away, sweeping entire place after closing hours when most left.And none of these were mentioned when they hired me. And the pay was less than the previous job I worked for. They know this when they offered me. So I had decided to quit as soon as possible
Pros
Getting free meals by answering questions
Cons
No healthcare benefits and not sufficient training
not good company to work for
Server, casher (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYSeptember 24, 2018
poor working management didn't take care of employees verbally/physical abusive working conditions horrible
favoritism, work was not divided fairly
Pros
finally out
Cons
food low grade
can be a fun place to work
Cashier@ wake forest university (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Management have very little respect for their workers. There is no flexibility with the schedule nor hours. Most of the workers are there for the students.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad managament
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 7, 2018
Management was always running around, like chickens with their heads cut off. This was probably, because of a lack of managers and a lack of employees.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2018
A typical work day is very fast paced and productive.
I have learned how to make all kinds of sandwiches.
Management was easy to work with and helpful.
The workplace culture was very relaxed.The hardest part of the job was when there was a lunch rush getting the orders out.
The people/customers were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Cons
The time you spend on your feet sometimes is hard.
Fast paced and diverse workplace which I enjoy dearly.
Concessions Cashier (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 11, 2018
A typical day would include cleaning, serving, counting inventory, placing orders to the warehouse, stocking shelves, and preparing money in the register. I learned how to feel out my customers, how to work in a fast paced environment over the many years I have been working. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with inebriated customers that I have to refuse from serving any more alcoholic beverages to. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with diverse people, seeing my regular customers, and working with people I truly enjoy being around.
Pros
Socializing with people
Cons
Lack of coverage
very stressfull and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 19, 2018
serving people with food and making sure everything is where it is supposed to be. the hardest part of the job was that it was so fast paced that you could not get a break in between.
Very fast paced. Crazy scedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
I worked at the Sports Stadiums in Philadelphia. The upper managment were terrible and did not know how ti perform their jobs. Coworkers are terrible; always play around and couse trouble.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Can be sceduled to work for one event and then the next day they wont let you work.
Aramark Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 11, 2018
Prepared, served food items by following strict guidelines. , restock food-drinks, assisted the registered during lunch time, it was a convenient job for me back in those days because I was married and I was able to take care of my ex husband kids because my schedule matches with the school schedule.
food service job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJuly 9, 2018
the job was ok did food service for the campus. The students were ok and the hours were monday- friday. The management was no good and was unfair. not much help working.
terrible management
Cashier and Ticket Booth (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 2, 2018
terrible managements, they are always in a bad mood. hours are not suitable to survive or even make it to the next check. events are okay, mostly hockey games.
Pros
1 free item to eat
Cons
no free tickets as promissed by management
Overall okay place to work
Oh - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 1, 2018
The management were rude on the regular but overall, I experienced team work and was able to satisfy every customer. It was stressful at times but I enjoyed my coworkers and the overall atmosphere.
Not worth the pay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 26, 2018
You work too hard for the pay. You will be on your feet all day long and end up doing other people's jobs and after a year you get a 3 cent raise. No growth!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K
44K
33.3K
21.2K
11K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aramark.

Powered by Comparably