Aramark Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 419 reviews matching the search See all 12,492 reviews
very stressfull and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 19, 2018
serving people with food and making sure everything is where it is supposed to be. the hardest part of the job was that it was so fast paced that you could not get a break in between.
Very fast paced. Crazy scedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
I worked at the Sports Stadiums in Philadelphia. The upper managment were terrible and did not know how ti perform their jobs. Coworkers are terrible; always play around and couse trouble.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Can be sceduled to work for one event and then the next day they wont let you work.
Aramark Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 11, 2018
Prepared, served food items by following strict guidelines. , restock food-drinks, assisted the registered during lunch time, it was a convenient job for me back in those days because I was married and I was able to take care of my ex husband kids because my schedule matches with the school schedule.
food service job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJuly 9, 2018
the job was ok did food service for the campus. The students were ok and the hours were monday- friday. The management was no good and was unfair. not much help working.
terrible management
Cashier and Ticket Booth (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 2, 2018
terrible managements, they are always in a bad mood. hours are not suitable to survive or even make it to the next check. events are okay, mostly hockey games.
Pros
1 free item to eat
Cons
no free tickets as promissed by management
Overall okay place to work
Oh - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 1, 2018
The management were rude on the regular but overall, I experienced team work and was able to satisfy every customer. It was stressful at times but I enjoyed my coworkers and the overall atmosphere.
Not worth the pay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 26, 2018
You work too hard for the pay. You will be on your feet all day long and end up doing other people's jobs and after a year you get a 3 cent raise. No growth!
A rewarding career path
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2018
Living in an growing big city like Houston is gonna have it's pros and cons on a career in a company like Aramark such as
PROS: Good medical benefits (in a medical driven city), A great place to make friends (tons of people in Houston), and a good family oriented environment at Aramark (everyone seemed to care about everyone personally).
CONS: Paygrade is a landlord's best friend (If you not making at least $12/hr highly unlikely to live good in Houston), Transportation in a big city is horrible (Traffic to work is a bust around shift times), Break times are horrible though at Aramark (numerous times its was 15-30 minutes lucky if you got 30 because of the open consumer hubs you work in).
Other than that I loved working for Aramark in Houston.
Pros
Medical benefits, Working hours daily, Family oriented.
Cons
Living arrangements, Transportation, Short breaks.
fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 20, 2018
pending on the stand you work the person in charge can make it a fun time and gets everyone working together, the job is in spurts seeing since at this place people want to watch what they came there for
Pros
free lunch, easy going
Cons
not enough work days
Fast paced
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2018
Get your register sheet and count the drawer to make sure there is 200 dollars in the drawer. Then you start preparing food for when the fans start to come into the stadium. I learned how to pour beer and also about fake Identification cards. Hardest part is when there is a rush
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
no breaks, you work dependent on the home games

Want to know more about Aramark?

Ask a question
was a productive job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 3, 2018
Aramark was a good place to get a job. it was very helpful because i was a college student and i didn't have to travel far to arrive to my job. my coworkers were what made it fun.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CoDiningMay 24, 2018
They did not care about treating you with respect or basic human kindness. No paid lunches, breaks to be taken first three hours of shift. If your coworker calls out, good luck even getting a break. I was asked to sign a waiver saying I requested no lunch and that I was not asked to sign the waiver. Did not sign it!! I called the Chef for a bathroom break and was told to wait until next shift arrived.
Workplace culture is similar to high school cafeteria complete with gossip and bullies Hardest part of job was paying for insurance.that didn't cover office visits. Most enjoyable part of job was meeting the awesome people we served. Free lunches consist of pork, pork and more pork
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Culture, food and management
Aramark are an good envormental place of good work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2018
being at Aramark was an fun and exciting adventure. Learning how to work while bonding with other employers. Learning more food and deserts to make. Also, they have help me gain my Food Handler Certificate.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
I would review Aramark as a good place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 22, 2018
I like working for Aramark mostly because I have a wonderful boss, plus I like to be around the students and faculty.. I would recommend a friend for a job at Aramark, but only if they wanted to work in a retail environment where there is an ebb and a flow to the work that we do at the P.O.D.s (POD's are the little convenience stores that are on Clemson campus.) They would also have to be a hard worker and be willing to be flexible with their schedule. They would have to be honest and loyal to the company.
A typical day at work would include stocking shelves, running the cash register, and helping customers.
The hardest part of the job is the lifting that has to be done in order to stock the Coke cooler. The most enjoyable part is talking to the students and trying to make them have a better day.
Pros
Having a steady job and a great boss.
Cons
Not a year round position and the pay is not up to other retail positions in the area.
Good entry level jobs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2018
Aramark, depending on the location of the company, has great entry level food service jobs at some college campuses and other large venues such as stadiums. Customers are always great to interact with.
Working as a cashier at City Co
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2018
Going into an environment like City Co definitely benefitted me. From students to professors to people with professional jobs, all would give me advice.
Pros
Free lunches, optimistic co workers, and discounts.
Cons
Short lunch break, store gets empty in the summer, and hourly pay could’ve been better.
Understanding work environment for college students
A&M University - cashier (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXMay 16, 2018
During my time working for Aramark, I learned the importance of optimism, communication skills and customer service advantages. A typical day at work would include a lot of cash handling, customer service and store maintenance. The routines of the job provided a type of stability in an ever-changing college atmosphere. The management and employees were all so understanding of life's surprises and stresses, their communication skills and ability to be fluid in numerous aspects of life was instilled in me as well.
Pros
free meals/snacks, flexible scheduling, weekends and time off when the school is out of session
Cons
short breaks, lack of insurances for those who aren't full time, uniform strictness
Disappointed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 16, 2018
They talk a good game. I was hopeful. Promises of job advancement which did not take place. Management was kind at first. Quick to yell at problems that are taking place, Blame others instead of correcting the problem in a positive manner. They are not consistent on the changes that are made.
Pros
One free meal during your sift.
Cons
Changes are not thought through. Employees are not happy
Unfair Underpaid Underworked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 4, 2018
Honestly I worked there for over a year never got my raise or my promotion I was talked to about. I was trained like a manager without the title or the big responsibility, I was also paid less than most new hires and my hours constantly got cut to the point of me only working 3 days in a week.
Pros
free meal
Cons
everything else
productive fun work place in a private college environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
fun friendly very diverse private college with a great basketball team
the food is great they welcome all types of family and education they are involved in the surrounding community

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K
43.8K
33.1K
21.1K
1942

Diversity score

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aramark.

Powered by Comparably