Aramark Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 364 reviews matching the search See all 13,202 reviews
Was a great place to work my senior year of college
COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 1, 2018
Helped me get through college and was a nice setting to work in, yes there were some people on the job that were immature for their age but everything is not perfect.
Pros
interacting with students and such
Cons
rude students
good
Cook (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSOctober 31, 2018
The job was ok, I worked through the company a few years ago. They could increase the wages that are given to their employees................................................
Good part time job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAOctober 13, 2018
Aramark was a good job. I didn't like the fact you lay off every summer and Christmas break. I also feel you were not paid enough for your work. I like the fact of learning new recipes and interacting with the student.
It was nice place to work if your use to the environment.
cook (Former Employee) –  Page, AZ 86040October 9, 2018
It was a pleasure working for this company...but may need some improvement in the management of steady employees who should be reliable and more dependable...team players.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
overwork
Great overall
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAOctober 8, 2018
Cant complain, I loved the coworkers, the managers, free food, relaxed environment, I got to know the customers and I was able to be cross-trained to do a lot of things.
Pros
free lunches, great culture
Cons
some individual coworkers
cashier
COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 6, 2018
was a good expereince because i was serving most of my classmates and had built great relationships with my co workers and it allowed me to learn how to multi task better
Worst company ever
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 16, 2018
Management "delegates" their job duties to hourly employees:
Ordering product, inventory product, implementation of product pricing, organizing guest restaurants scheduling, printing and entering production sheets, entering waste logs, putting away product delivery. Then once finished doing my boss's job I'm free to do mine.

Managers spend most of the time playing on their cellphone.

No help from management to meet deadlines.
When deadlines aren't meet they berate you until you feel worthless as a human.

No training programs, you're shown the station you'll be working and simply told to "figure it out".

Company culture puts pressure on you to "go the extra mile", and work off the clock.

By far the worst employment in 20 years experience as a chef.
Pros
I'll be quiting soon
Cons
Aramark as a whole
Staff
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 16, 2018
They played favouritism and the management was unprofessional. They spoke behind my back and then lied to my face.whenevr I came in there was always something I did wrong and needed to re_learn because of the lack of communication.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad management, lack of communication, compensation
It's ok
Cook (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 12, 2018
I only have two real problems with working at Aramark. 1.) The management is awful. Equipement breaks down all the time and will often stay broken for months, causing significant difficulties when working. None of managers seem to talk to each other. They all tell you different things and either don't know how to or refuse to help you with anything. Their favorites get to call off as much as they want, get as much overtime as they want, always have priority when requesting days off, and don't have as many responsibilties when working. 2.) The benefits here are horrible. They are really really expensive and even the best plan doesn't cover much, for ex. insulin is not covered.
Cons
Poor management, Expensive benefits
A job with his picks and chooses
Prop cook (Current Employee) –  Pine bluff ArkansasSeptember 10, 2018
Okay I love to cook and I like to clean so my job I thought was perfect for me, but it seems that I didn't know a prep cook has to do all of the morning prep, all of the afternoon prep by them self everyday, filled out the prep sheets for the shifts, hand help the cook pan up all dishes and cook side orders on menu with no help other than the cook that's on the same level that I am supposed to be on not help with anything and tell me that I am the one that is supposed to do it. I feel that the whole job has its picks and chooses. No matter how hard you work they are never satisfied with what you do, but that could just be at the one that I work at how about you?
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Inappreciative work environment
Fun but confusing
COOK (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 8, 2018
A fantastic place to expand culinary skills as well as add to the ones you already have. The chance for creative freedom is there, when you look in the right places. The only issue is that the managers were/are not on the same page on what they want out of the kitchen itself. I learned valuable catering skills to help not just me, but the other side of the kitchen; by working closely with the catering lead and the sous chef I expanded my flavor profiles and learned how to efficiently work.
Great college job
POD cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VASeptember 7, 2018
The pay is fair for what is asked of you, not difficult work. Can get hectic at times but nothing that cant be handled. Management does their absolute best to schedule people when they ask.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay
Cons
Sometimes really busy
Fast paced and productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lyndon State College, Lyndonville VTSeptember 6, 2018
Was a fun job working on a college campus there were always special functions which made things interesting.
can advance quickly if competent and willing to learn!
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Not the best pay
it pays the bills
Cook (Current Employee) –  akron ohioAugust 22, 2018
Aramark is just a paycheck there is poor management and i would recommend this job to students its is a great stepping stone or learning experience if you can deal with the poor management issues
Fast pace, very busy, lots of work to do
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wahweap, AZAugust 17, 2018
I like Aramark as a company because the work is there. As a employee there was a lot to work to do which is great so I had time personally to do many tasks unsupervised which made me feel though as I can still be independent at work.. I loved the face pace environment. I am a hard worker so I love to stay occupied my whole shift and that's just what it did. Thank Aramark!
Pros
Free lunch, breaks
Cons
There isnt any
Productive work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 17, 2018
If Aramark payed they kitchen staff the way they pay there office staff they would be more successful. The kitchen down all the work but the office gets paid for it.
Produtive
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tempe azAugust 9, 2018
It was a great opportunity to work there I got aot of hands on experience Great staff team oriented safety rules OSHOA training great hours Trained I all the areas room for advancement
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
Slow hours
cooking job
Cook (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 5, 2018
Pay should be better. I have a household to support, so i would need more compensation. I did not really like the position because I felt there was not room to move up.
Great
Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 4, 2018
.Great work days
.I've learned tobe persistent
.Great management
.Great working culture
.Great, not really any hard jobs to do
. The greatest part actually working there is working learning
.Great
.Great
amphitheater
Sales Man/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Quincy, WAJuly 27, 2018
This is the company that provide drinks and food to sell at the amphitheater concerts and also to other national or world wide events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight