Aramark Employee Reviews for Cook

Good and Good
Cook (Current Employee) –  US BANK STADIUMFebruary 21, 2018
Very Very Good, Employees dedicated to work, working on time, experienced, united to support each other, enthusiastic leaders asked to encourage employees
Pros
enthusiasm
Cons
sometimes easy to staff
Corporate Management at its finest
COOK (Former Employee) –  Place, STFebruary 12, 2018
Not a bad job... first shift, reasonable pay for industry (i.e. not great, but within reason), free meal per shift. Unfortunately, management is hired not to increase customer satisfaction, improve working environment, or even adhere to basic logic, but to cater to increasingly irrational demands from select individuals within the company and within the contract company. Competent managers are driven out and 'office chefs', or management that never leaves its desk but proclaims its own omniscience from the back office at every opportunity, are rampant.
Pros
Free meal, good hours, reliable job
Cons
Irrational management
Good hard work and fast-paced
Cook (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day at Aramark is working at your location that is given to you, some areas can be faster than other during some parts during the day. Altogether it's a good place to work and get experience if you are interested in food industry.
Productive and a stressful place to work
Meals on Wheels Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with Aramark. Sometimes the atmosphere can become stressful, but I've learned to just be calm and stay focus on what it is that I need to do in order to complete my job assignment as peacefully and efficiently while working under pressure. Overall, Aramark is a great company to work for.
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks
Not great, not absolutely horrible
Cook (Current Employee) –  Woodward- rockford ILFebruary 3, 2018
The job itself is pretty easy, and your hours are pretty much always the same which is nice. Weekends off . Pay is better than I've seen for other similar jobs but night shift (part-time) doesn't get *any* of the benefits that day shift does (PTO, insurance, 401k...) Maybe its just my location but managment is a mess- communication can be difficult and you never really know what exactly is expected of you. Most of the customers are wonderful and since you see them 5x a week you get the chance to form some cool relationships with them
Pros
stable hours, OK pay, weekends off
Cons
no benefits for part time, can get a little repetitive
Terrible work place dont do it!
Cook (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHFebruary 1, 2018
I had no choice of being an aramark employee, the hospital outsourced us. Every year I have been an aramark employee they have taken more away from us. I got a pay raise but then they cut our 40 hour full time to 37 hour full time work week. I made over 3 thousand dollars less this past year then prior years. They expect us to do more in less time. We are told if we complain we will be replaced. Aramark has no care for their employees we are all replaceable. I have never worked for such an unorganized employer. Allexi management contradicts one another. Makes work confusing!
Pros
I have a job
poor
Cook (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2018
Management was very poor, wasn't getting paid what i needed. I ho vacation time i would work 50 plus hours a week, i had to leave because i need to be making more then i was there
Fast paced
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 30, 2018
Fast paced work environment, was somewhat stressful, hard work, heavy lifting, hot working areas, strict management, no benefits at all, coworkers were helpful, there was stocking involved
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No pay
Love working with children
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Very easy and fun job if you like working with children. The hours are great and have your weekends and holidays. But needing time off during your schedule time is very difficult to get. But the people are great to work with
Pros
The hours and weekends
Cons
Can not get personal time off
They don't pay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 19, 2018
I'm waiting for my paychecks. Haven't gotten them after months and been constantly given the runaround by management. Contacted a lawyer and they've had several cases involving aramark and non payment of wages. Do not work here unless you like work8ng for free and for managers who have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
Cons
No pay
productive and faced past work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJanuary 6, 2018
Wonderful people, can be a bit fast paced, and my particular branch struggled with staffing, but overall great. Would definitely Recommend Aramark ind. to friends.
Everyone wants help, yet no-one it's willing to help others
Cook (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 5, 2018
It might be better if i were full time. I've been waiting to become full time for a while now. Almost 7 months. Things move really slowly when it comes to employee needs.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No hours, no benefits
i liked the management staff
Institutional Cook (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJanuary 3, 2018
i had fun working for aramark there were times when non perishable and perishable product were damage due to carelessness of route drivers and had to put up with the inmate kitchen detai attitude! other than that got nothing else to sayl
Pros
all staff were respectable and willing to help out
Cons
i don't nothin bad to say
Replaceable
COOK'S HELPER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 3, 2018
Company does not care about employees at all, only profit.Working in a National Park ensured an evergrowing surplus of guests with little to increase in help.
Pros
yosemite
Cons
aramark
production
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJanuary 2, 2018
It was a great place to work at I learn a lot about the business and great people to learn and work with I love working there. I thank Aramark for job and trusting me to do the job. To bad they had to lay me off. But I would not change nothing about that place.
Pros
good people
Good workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 2, 2018
I work with Aramark because is a great company a lot of opportunities, am very productive for them and I like what I do for them, I love to cook I work with a lot of responsable people that care about what they do.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Unión
Fast pace..always something to do
Cook (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PADecember 11, 2017
I love working for aramark. Flexible schedule, raises, incentives, and chance for advancement. You get rewarded and recognized for outstanding work performance.
life of a nfl cook
cook (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2017
a fast paced job the every minute of the day you are working, from sandwiches to salads you go go go, filling hot boxes to pushing them to the suites its a fast paced life
Pros
lot of work
Cons
seasonal
fun workplace
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  RTP, NCNovember 30, 2017
Aramark has a professional friendly atmosphere, everyone is a team player and we are all like family.my time spent in the kitchen/FOH I've learned how to organize and manage time .as well s meet and take care of my customers.
Pros
free lunch, paid holidays, monday thru friday weekends off
Cons
earlyhours, management plays favoritesCashier/Barista/FOH
Fun work environment
Main Dish Cook (Former Employee) –  Newport, ArkansasNovember 29, 2017
It was a very fun environment to work in. Getting to feed the kids is great. You get to work with a great team. You have holidays off and the summer off if working for the school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K