Aramark Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 335 reviews matching the search See all 12,507 reviews
Produtive
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tempe azAugust 9, 2018
It was a great opportunity to work there I got aot of hands on experience Great staff team oriented safety rules OSHOA training great hours Trained I all the areas room for advancement
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
Slow hours
cooking job
Cook (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 5, 2018
Pay should be better. I have a household to support, so i would need more compensation. I did not really like the position because I felt there was not room to move up.
amphitheater
Sales Man/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Quincy, WAJuly 27, 2018
This is the company that provide drinks and food to sell at the amphitheater concerts and also to other national or world wide events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Job love working there
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2018
Very fast pace,always have to multi task and learned how to be a better people person.By working at aramark it made me all around team player and harder worker
Pros
Free employee
Cons
Only 30 min break
Productive and fun environment that helps you gain a lot of skills and meet new people
Cook (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJuly 20, 2018
I've learned a lot over the past years from working at Mississippi State. They helped me on my communication skills and I also like that we can work as a team. we are more like family. It feels like home every time I come in for work. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the time and the students at the same time, but the longer i stayed the faster I caught on. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get a compliment on your dish. I like all my hard work to be paid in compliments because it motivates me to stay focus and to become a better chef.
Pros
free lunch all you can eat
Cons
long breaks
big job
Cooking (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2018
big job, never stops, difficult work like balance. Good employees, everyone is hard working. Monday through Friday, Off weekends. challenging. work hard.
stepping stone
Stand Cook (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 10, 2018
it was a good stepping stone position for me. Co workers were great, and had many good encounters with patrons. Work was varied, especially when they would send you to a different venue.
The General Manager is evil
Cook (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJuly 2, 2018
It's sad that the dinning services at my alma mater is being destroyed by a psychopath. I go to school at ESU and worked at the Dansberry for a little while. The place is a nightmare. The General Manager is an evil sadistic person who only cares about using her position to satisfy her ego. She doesn't care about the students or the employees.
Pros
Free food
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2018
When I was working there it felt like the place was falling apart. They went through a lot of managers who seemed like they have never worked in a kitchen before. I would not recommend anyone ever work there
Fun productive place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 23, 2018
It was good ... I had fun most of the time. I really enjoyed working there. The pay was okay. It wasn't great but it was fine. The employees were more friendly than the supervisors.
Pros
Employee meal
Cons
Limited employee meals on the menu
fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Elon College, NCJune 19, 2018
Aramark is part of Elon dining and that environment was a lovely place to work. The employees there were friendly and all played a team player role. Everyone there was very outgoing and we all helped out in areas where someone needed help and it made the dining hall experience a more pleasant to work, Working at Aramark taught all of us to learn different roles in different areas.
Pros
Free food and clean enviroment
Cons
hot at times in the kitchen
Is a very nice place to work for because of the location
COOK (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2018
Nice company you get to meet a lot of different people at the location that I work at which is Georgia Pacific. You get to serve different people from different companies.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short lunch
Bad management palm beach Atlantic
Cook (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJune 13, 2018
They disrespect their employees definitely at the palm beach Atlantic location. They would speak bad about the people who didn’t speak English. They would expect you to work your all and break your back for them. They treat their employees like dogs, the location has a number of health violations. Anyone who has worked at the palm beach Atlantic locations should know exactly what I’m speaking of.
Great people.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2018
Aramark was a great company. There was no room for advancement. This was a seasonal job with very late hours as you worked sports events and concerts. The people were great. Many there for a long time. The people had a family atmosphere among them.
Pros
seasonal employment
Cons
late hours
Aramark
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MO 63044June 11, 2018
The managers had no knowledge of how to operate a business. Employees were often late, which meant you had to stay over even if it was your time to get off.
Workplace
Preparation Cook (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJune 10, 2018
I enjoyed being in the kitchen working at a fast pace. I also enjoyed the fact that I did different task everyday and not having a repeated work cycle.
Pros
Time was managed wisley
Cons
Not paid enough
it was ok
retail cook (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 2, 2018
i love the experience i gained working there. the employees was great, managers depending on who your talking to. overall my time there was good. i meet new people and all life friends working there
Pros
food
Cons
some managers
A lot of favoritism
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  wagram ncMay 27, 2018
I cook and clean and sometimes ran the cash register. I work the grill and did order for food during lunch. I made biscuit for the breakfast meal. I also serve the lunch,
Nice work place except management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2018
I loved the job until we got a new manager that wasn’t fair with everyone and he was very rude to the employees. I would have loved to stay there but he was just to unfair. I would’ve love to switch to another place but he wouldn’t let me.
good workplace.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 24, 2018
Aramark is an alright company to work for, it just depends on the account you have to work at. You can move up but it doesn't seem like they move people up based on how well they work but if they like you or not. Like some people who don't work as hard as others will get moved up because they have some kind of friendship or relationship with the manager. Some people get treated better than others and they don't make everyone follow the same rules as everyone else. The supervisors make decisions on how certain things should be done in an account based on money making, and it is apparent that a lot of the supervisors have not worked in a kitchen before, because the changes they want to make will make it harder on the employees that do work in the kitchen. Rather than listen to the employees suggestions on how to be more effective in service, they just blow you off because your at the bottom. When the employees that actually work the kitchen everyday and have great suggestions on how to make the work better, they just focus on what can make more money, no matter how much it makes things difficult for the employees.
Pros
Easy work, routine
Cons
unequal treatment, supervisors that have no kitchen work experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight