Aramark Employee Reviews for Food Service Director

College worker
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 23, 2018
Student working through college on campus. Very low pay and tedious work. Didn't find much room for advancement. Not motivated to grow by management. Glad to leave.
Very disorganized company
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 21, 2018
Very long hours. Very little time off. Very little training, support or communication from management. Management created a culture of cut throat competition.
The job is exciting and rewarding
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Lucasville, OHApril 15, 2018
Aramark has great opportunities. It is tough to get promoted out of the store level. You can be stuck in the same store if you perform well. I would recommend starting your career here.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
health insurance ok
There are many divisions of Aramark
Multi-Site Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSApril 14, 2018
Corrections is very stressful and a lot of hours. Very difficult position for managers due to company beliefs that all divisions should operate alike which is impossible
benefits
Cons
lack of security in Correctional facilities
Constantly Changing Company
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 13, 2018
ARAMARK as a fortune 500 company is bottom line focused. There are many tools and business products to help you to achieve performance. They are a very ethical company.. The only negative thing I can say about them, is you are really a cog in the great money making machine. As long as you understand your role, you will succeed. Look for the warm fuzzies elsewhere.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No time to take your time off
Not the best experiance
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 1, 2018
I worked 12 years for this company and took a promotion out of state. 4 months later I was fired because my brand new untrained crew and a staff of 17 inmates under cooked food. Upper management did not provide antiquity staffing assistance to preform the job.
Great Company
Foodservice Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 29, 2018
Lots of options to move around and diverse job roles. Company provides benefits and discounts. Different times of the year require more working hours.
Stressful
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHMarch 19, 2018
Manager was not available to teach you anything or direct you. If you didn't know how to do something because it was a new task she would respond with "figure it out" or "I'm not really trying to do this right now" But when you did try and figure it out she would respond with that wasn't right.
Good first job
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bushkill, PAFebruary 27, 2018
Working for a branch under Aramark gave me a strong foundation in the workplace by helping me adjust to working long hours and working for customers that go.
Flexible and fun
FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 27, 2018
Aramark is a correctional food service company.. I had to dal with different tasks daily which made my day fun and exciting. Here working with inmate you will need to know how to manage with inmates in their arena.
Pros
flexible
Cons
working holidays
good people enjoyable woork
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 11, 2018
first job out of college. met and learned about of a lot of people. probably the best job I ever had. too young to realie it, ewould go back in a heartbeat
Pros
evertything
Cons
not much if any
Business at its worse
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHFebruary 10, 2018
Too much harassment with management and front line staff. They give the most useless people power and turn their heads to hostile work environment claims.
Pros
Check every two weeks
Cons
Everything else
Great Place
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 9, 2018
great company to work for. lot of growth and various different accounts to work out. different lines of business give you different experiences in this industry.
a day in the life
Headquarters Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2018
day to day was a good company to work for. the paper work was a bear at times, loved the staff I had and the customers . I had an opportunity to travel and see different parts of the country
Pros
location
Cons
hours
Aramark
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2018
Leadership lacked direction.
Constantly asked to do more and more work. Take on the work of others who leave as they won't hire to replace.
Pay is not commiserate with the work you do.
overall a good company to work for
Food Service Director, Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2018
Managed daily cafeteria, catering and vending operations both culinary and financial. Aramark helped me expand my management and financial skills. When I became a Director they provided me with all the necessary tools and skills to be successful
Pros
overall job
Cons
direction our clients business was going
teaches food safety
FOOD AND BEVERAGE EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 23, 2018
Aramark does a good job of pairing with universitites to aid students in developing food handler skills and equip students with standards and procedures when dealing with food safety.
great
Director of Food and Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 21, 2018
Great company to work for.
Education and orientation was poor at best.
Surprised at fortune 500 company there was so little training.
I am engaged with diversity.
Pros
global company
Cons
Education
to much change
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Putnam County, NYJanuary 19, 2018
I love the food industry and very passionate about it. need a change from K-12
ive learned a lot of different programs and different operations. to much change, they have lost sight of food, and to much focus on computer work.
Excellent Company
DIRECTOR FOOD & NUTRITIONAL SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Southbridge, MAJanuary 17, 2018
Highly recommend Aramark to any potential candidate, Work Life Balance is promoted. Pay is appropriate & competitive within the industry. Numerous option exist.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K
43.5K
32.8K
21K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

58out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aramark.