Aramark Employee Reviews for Food Service Worker

Found 534 reviews matching the search See all 13,338 reviews
Not a great place of employment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PADecember 11, 2018
The amount of work expected for the pay does not correlate. Almost always will have to work above and beyond with little to no benefit. You are just a number to the company.
Its a family feeling
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSDecember 10, 2018
I like the people I work with..And the weekly pay.Its very laid back .I like what I do and how helpful my coworkers are. Its a wonderful company ..We serve a variety of food and desserts
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No benefits
N/a
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Justin, TXDecember 10, 2018
It’s all ok environment work place for only coworkers toward each other but the management do have their favorites if your not one of them they can make your job much harder to work at!! That’s for no good reason they will treat you that way!! I was very dedicated to my work. On time everyday and done my job no excuses!! What employer could ask for more then that???
Dont have much to say
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 6, 2018
Was an ok place it was a mandatory place for me because of the situation at times I would get fustrated on the job because of the managment but I enjoyed being able to work alone at times.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks
People are friendly
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 24, 2018
They.dont give u enough on raises they dont pay enough salary. Its very friendly nd i gets to meet alot of students. The people i work with r funny nd friendly
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
The salary sucks
Horrible management
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 23, 2018
I currently work for Aramark due to a contract takeover. Worst company I have ever worked for in my life. No guidance, unorganized and the worst not care attitude I've ever seen in management. Can't wait for them to go.
Management Sucks
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 19, 2018
Manager would let employees get away with not working. Coworkers would show up to work and sit on phones all day. Not only would they sit all day, but sit up front with manager at the desk. No team work, and the work was not split up equal between employees. Overall food service was a easy job, just needs better management and employees.
Pros
Easy Job, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management
cool
Food Services Worker (Current Employee) –  University Center, MINovember 11, 2018
The pay is very nice, the hours are great. The union is alright, they don't really try their best in siding with us when we need them the most. Many of the of the people I work with are nice, there a lot that talk about you and make things up.
Decent first job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCNovember 8, 2018
This job is great for work experience but other than that it’s not a good working environment. The HR was the biggest problem we had. She was a mean person who was no help to anyone. The hours were good but for the amount of work doesn’t match the pay at all. 8.25 is not enough when I have to cook food for thousands of students made-to-order.
Pros
Free food and is on campus
Cons
Higher management sucks
Stressful place to work, not worth it
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 5, 2018
Aramark at UNCW definitely has some work to do. The morale around the locations on campus is honestly horrible. The workers act like they hate their jobs and are most of the time unpleasant to work with. Management is a joke. The cattiness and pettiness around campus from people who are supposed to your higher ups is ridiculous. There's nobody to talk to on a personal and anonymous level if you're having issues, because everybody in buddy buddy and has their cliques. No room to grow and better yourself. Pay is decent, but not worth it due to the stress. Nobody is willing to help anybody out- every man for himself, basically. There are also mandatory breaks nobody will tell you about when hiring you- when students are off of campus and locations are closed(school breaks), you are off of work and not getting paid...same goes for weather situations, etc. hurricane and being out of work for a month and not getting paid. Poorly ran and managed.
Pros
Free meals on job, Decent pay
Cons
Manadatory Unpaid Breaks, Poorly Managed, Stressful, No Help, Cliques and Petty Higher Ups.
Amazing service
Food server worker (Current Employee) –  Newark DelawareNovember 3, 2018
Always go out their way to make all of our customers are satisfied and I love it I been here for three years couldn’t be ask for an better first job in food service.
Pros
Amazing food
Cons
Part time don’t get breaks
Review
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 2, 2018
It’s a nice place to work. This is definitely entry level but gives the foundation on how to be a hard worker. Great benefits as well. Management is okay but could improve.
Convenient and Friendly
Student Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 29, 2018
I am currently still employed at this job. It works well with my class schedule and the managers are understanding of abrupt situations that might occur. The environment is always welcoming and it is a social environment where I have to interact with customers on the daily basis.
Pros
Very understanding/ Environment
Cons
N/a
Horrible company
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYOctober 27, 2018
I hate working for this company. I was forced to take a position with them as they were the company that took over Broome Counties Contract with the jail and willow point nursing home.
Not true to fact
Correctional Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 27, 2018
I worked here and liked what I did but its surprising how we all dont fell the same about we work and who is hired and how your actions can hurt a family with one bread winner trying to make ends meet,I guess if its not your life it does not matter.
Pros
Like to help people
Cons
Lack of training
Cool job but stressful
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 25, 2018
A typical day at work could be good or bad, due to being understaffed or at least where I worked at for Aramark. Management is horrible! When it comes to management its not really a teamwork thing, they do what they have to do to keep their buts from being in hot water. So if that takes working you to death in order to keep themselves out of hot water they'll do it. The workplace culture was cool, I worked on UF campus so I met a lot of different personalities and enjoyed being around the gator environment. The hardest part of the job is having to work two different food stations without any help! This happens almost majority of the workdays.
Fun environment and great way to meet people
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAOctober 17, 2018
Typically I worked in the evenings and so I worked with the same people usually. It consisted of preparing the food station, and then restocking it during the shift as needed, and then at the end, cleaning the station and either storing the safe food back in the fridges, or throwing the old food away. I learned a lot about food safety at this job, but also how to work as a team and help each other out when there was a rush. The management started off good, but then it started to go downhill. The management team would sometimes bring their personal life into the professional life, which you just can't do. The culture of the workplace was fun, but also very negative and lazy. People would constantly complain and some would take their time in cleaning up, which resulted in others having to step in and help. The hardest part of the job would be standing at a station by yourself and not having anyone to talk to and if you finished up all your tasks and just sat there, management would get mad at you. The most enjoyable part were the coworkers when they were in a good mood.
Pros
free meals while on shift, fun coworkers, flexible around my schedule, understanding of school needs
Cons
negative environment, rushed breaks, stress
it’s a very fun place to work student very nice
Food service worker (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 15, 2018
Aramark is a good easy job . I just don’t like the fact you get payed off in the summer. They pay very well . I like the fast pace and the happy customers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Breaks
Great job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 11, 2018
Great company to work for. Wouldn’t recommend taking on a position at a school though unless you’re ok with not working when the students go on break.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly coworkers
Cons
Only work during school days, off for 2-3 week seasonal breaks
its just ok
Food service worker/ caterer/cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2018
its just not a place that i look at as my dream job i see myself working for myself or at a career job its not enough money and the way they do the hours is also a pain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight