Aramark Employee Reviews for Food Service Worker

Found 561 reviews matching the search See all 13,917 reviews
Dont
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 14, 2019
It sucked, everything about it truly sucked. ESPECIALLY management. Coworkers were cool but management was terrible and the pay was not worth it. Avoid at all costs if possible.
Cons
An enjoyable place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIMarch 6, 2019
If you enjoy working with college students this is the place to work.
you will work with college students and serve college students.
Good benefits and summers off if wanted
Needs better communication
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYMarch 6, 2019
The new people make more than the ones that have been there longer. Not fair. We get paid contract paid not franchise pay. I know it’s a job but we are worth more than that.
Pros
Not far from home
Cons
New building the same food gets old! Can’t afford to eat everyday.
Work place was fun and you were always busy.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAMarch 6, 2019
It was a fast paced job u had to stock up your food when u get a chance if it was slow at that time u got 30 minute breaks that u leave the area for and the staff was very nice and friendly.
Pros
Don’t get paid enough for the things u do.
Cons
That was a stressful job at times.
I enjoyed my co workers and supervisor
Food Service Worker Lead (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 23, 2019
I dont miss that place . I just miss the co workers that I work with they made the day go by smoothly. We work together to complete the task. They work with your schedule as for as availability.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
You work really hard and they have a high turnover, and sometimes you didn't get a break due to shortages of staff.
Friendly work environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIFebruary 21, 2019
Always be on time. Be ready to work and I have to be able to move at a face paste. Come in to work happy and ready to greet costumers face to face with a smile.
Miserable Work Environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYFebruary 19, 2019
At the Richmond EKU Case location you will run into many problems as an hourly worker. The management team is highly unprofessional when it comes to the needs of workers because they only care about protecting their own job positions. Many good employees are forced to quit because of the degrading attitude and lack of dedication from the management team and supervisors as a whole. Adding insult to injury you will be laid off about 4 months out of the year due to the unavailability for them to employ you through the Eastern Kentucky University campus breaks. If you have bills to pay and expect a healthy and uplifting work environment I definitely would not recommend the Richmond, Ky branch of Aramark to anyone.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Bad management, Frequent layoffs, Management unprofessional towards workers
First Job Experience
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 18, 2019
first, I started as a dish washer position then I did Food server it is mostly for student who lives on campus and I have learned how to be patient with stressful specially at Lunch and Dinner. And all mangers were Friendly.
Productive and fun work environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 13, 2019
This was a good job we basically served college kids in a student housing environment. There wasnt anything hard about the job it was an upbeat environment and we kind of worked in an assembly type workplace
They work with my schedule a lot but pay is low
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 11, 2019
Aramark at UNCW can be better. I truly feel like if they fix these issues then people will not quit on them so often. The pay is too low especially for the workers who work 12 hours a day and work different stations or buildings. If I work two different buildings every day then I should be getting at least 10.00. If I learned every station in one building and know all the other stations in 2 other buildings then I should get 10.00. They tell you technically they give you a review at your 90 days but it's not the raise review. I don't understand that part. So technically you gave my review but you put I had poor work experience so you didn't have to give me raise? Another thing PARKING IS 156 yearly!! Why do I have to pay to work for y'all? That should be given to employees. They hardly want to give you a break when you worked all day. I understand we are low on employees but still it's hard on someone body to work 7+ hours and not sit down for at least 10 mins. Other than that they work with your schedule. And they do care about their employees a lot. I love all my bosses. I just wish they fought for hard working employees raises better.
Pros
They work with your schedule
Cons
No reviews until a year of working, a lot of work with low pay, pay for parking
Hands on job working with people.
Industrial Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 9, 2019
We made large quantities of food and served a large amount of people. I learned to work well under pressure and multitask. I enjoyed working with the management and observing how they handled the job tasks. The environment was friendly and motivating. The hardest part of the job was learning how to substitute if something went wrong. The most enjoyable part was working with people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
High turn over on team members
Awful place to work.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, TXFebruary 8, 2019
The job itself was fine, it was the management and other employees that made the work environment terrible. The managers were unqualified and untrained.
Pros
Schedule.
productive
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 6, 2019
It was A very good organization and they paid very well. Teaches you to be more independent and have more social skills dealing with strangers .Nothing negative to say
Pros
paid leave
Cons
short breaks
Fun yet Hard
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARFebruary 6, 2019
It was a great place to work a lot of hours , just kind of unprofessional in some ways . But overall I learned a lot there . I used things like measument tools , blenders , different types of skillets , and seasonings .
Pros
You achieve different cooking skills
Cons
You do everything by yourself at a fast paste (including cooking on a grill)
The biggest joke of a company i have ever seen.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAFebruary 4, 2019
Management is a complete joke. I have personally been told by management "i don't care if you do the paperwork correctly just make our building look good for corporate". I have also been told directly from management the they refuse to try to get the union employees in trouble because it's to much paperwork and a waste of time. The Union employees is one of if not the main reason this is a horrible place to work. They refuse to do their job 90% of the time and management just throws it on the people who actually care because they know they will instead of doing their jobs and writing up the union worker who is refusing. I am talking about the salary managers not the hourly ones.
The people that actually care are treated horribly while the lifers that could care less are treated like gold. The management will constantly talk about teamwork and all that while they will be talking to one of the lifers in the back of the house about what they did on their days off for an hour+ while the good employee will be getting destroyed by customers. The kitchen staff rarely follows recipes which could end up killing someone. i have seen cooks adding things to a recipe and they said "it'll make it taste better". i could go on and on about this but i'm sure you get the point by now.
My typical day consisted of listening to management be completely inappropriate. Workers be racist if front of customers who were at most times a minority. Watched management and workers alike sitting around getting paid for nothing while others worked for their money.
Workplace culture= don't do anything
  more... and break all the rules and you'll be rewarded handsomely.
I could literally write a novel about all of the the horrible things wrong with IUP Aramark but what it boils down to is that 90% of the salary managers and their bosses need to be replaced by people who will actually do their jobs.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything but the free food
It's ok
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 31, 2019
Just bad management well depending on the location they take away you're hours so that takes money out of my pocket some co workers doesn't even clean
Very productive, Nice Advancement opportunities
Food Service Worker/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 30, 2019
Teaches your many valuable skills pertaining to the job. Cares about they employees and their at-home lives. Great opportunities for career advancements as well as certifications.
Pros
Cons
Strict policies
cool place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 22, 2019
friendly environment. good workers. safe and clean place to work. the co workers there are very nice. the food there is good too. would recommend to others
Horrible experience
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Never work here! Building manager changes policies even though the school places them for a reason! The building manager takes everything out on the employees. Nobody has your back if something goes wrong. Students who work there are cool but it’s a “clique” thing. They don’t care if your a student...they want you to work even if you have exams the next day!! They work you too death with little pay! I was told I was getting $8/hr but got min wage. 3 cents every raise! If you need help you are on your own. The building manager always say “we’re fully staffed” when someone new wants to apply!!!

The district and regional managers are cool and very friendly to help you out! HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH UPPER MANAGEMENT!!!!
Pros
Convenient for a student who lives on campus
Cons
Pay, hours, vacation time sucks, cliques are established, building manager doesn’t know what he’s doing and always in his office
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Food Service Worker/Cashier/Barista (Current Employee) –  San Simeon, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Being located at the Heart Castle in San Simeon California this is a busy location. Visitors from all over the world visit this location. So working with all different cultures is a plast
Pros
Free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K
44.2K
33.4K
21.3K
11.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aramark.

Powered by Comparably