Aramark Employee Reviews for Food Service Worker

The work is mostly easy. Management can use a big improvement. It's a fast paced work environment.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSDecember 12, 2017
A typical day at Aramark is mostly repetitive. You come in and do your assigned tasks to open or start your shift. Management can use a big approvement because most days when a problem occurs they're hard to find.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short staffed
Boring job with horrible management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INDecember 5, 2017
The job itself is extremely slow paced and easy enough for anyone. Management somehow manages to increase the stress level times ten. They have no management training and even less people skills. The rules, attitudes, and opinions change frequently and without reason or warning. I did several different jobs but was never actually trained at any of them. Also, everyone makes the same amount of money, regardless of how much, or little, work they do.
Pros
Pros: paid weekly
Cons
Cons: no advancement, no raises, horrible management
A very loving family safe environment wonderful place to work with different type of people and very flexible with school work and personal life it wi
Food Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem North CarolinaNovember 30, 2017
I enjoy working for Aramark they're very flexible it's just a little things that needs to come up we need to get paid a little more we have good benefits
Pros
Holiday turkeys
Cons
Need to be paid more on brakes if we are full-time employees
good
Food Service Worker/Casher (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, ILNovember 26, 2017
Good for a mother with a family. I am able to get work experience and able to take my children to school each day. I was able to work at several schools which was nice and good experience.
i love working at the collages
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  110 east 14 streetNovember 20, 2017
i had a very good time working for ...working at the collages and metting new people..i would love to go back..its a good experience....collages i a good place to work...
Productive and fun
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Xenia Community SchoolsNovember 18, 2017
A typical day at work is prepping food and setting up the serve line for lunch in one of Xenia's Elementary Schools. We then serve students their lunch provided by Aramark. After lunch, we then clean everything and leave. I work from 10:30 am to 1:15 pm Monday through Friday, off when school is out, and off on the weekends.
Pros
Free lunch, being around young children and hearing their laughter and stories
Cons
Not enough hours given to workers when needed, not enough help when is needed, and unorganized.
Fast paced, moderate stress
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Canyon, TXNovember 16, 2017
A typical day at work normally consists of fast paced face to face customer interaction. During my employment for this company I learned everything one needs to know about proper and safe food handling procedures. The hardest part of the job is dealing with peoples poor attitudes, be it customer or coworker. But the most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of people you interact with on a daily basis.
Not the best
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 9, 2017
Honestly, as a Food Service worker for Aramark I worked long hours, with barely any customers. After doing an entire deep clean, and cleaning all of the dishes, we didn't really have anything to do, but we were expected to constantly be doing something. It was especially bad at night, because everyone during the day shift would not clean anything or any of their dishes, and then tried to claim that the night shift did nothing. It was awful.
Pros
We occasionally got a snack pass for going "above and beyond"
Cons
Slow shifts, nothing to do, bad staff, etc.
I dont know
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DENovember 7, 2017
Honestly if you worked under a different account with Aramark, it would be good experience. But the account I work under the management is not well and I feel like im being treated unfairly
A productive place to work and learn in the different departments.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 7, 2017
Served in different departments of the organization, it was not certain what I had to do on a particular day till I got to work. I have learned a lot in the past months that I have worked with the organization by working in different departments.
It was and overall good environment to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2017
A lot of cross trainig which makes the job more enjoyable. The people that i worked with were responsible when they needed to be and they could be someone you can have a serious talk with. Trainers made my job easier and I hardly made mistakes
Easy goin , fun , fast paced environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 2, 2017
I love working for Aramark , no day is perfect but that’s where learning from it all comes into play ! They make you feel like your apart of their actual family. Aramark supports whatever you may have goin in positive in your life
Productive work place
FOOD SERVICE WORKER/COOK (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2017
I enjoy working with Aramark. Its a fun, safe and very positive work place. Aramark is willing to work around your availability for scheduling. Also they are always hiring and giving out plenty of hours.
Pros
Good Pay.
low apy poor management
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 20, 2017
lo salary very few raises stressful envoirement but the oppurunity to learn a lot no rrom for advancement work felt really unappreciated switch management quite an bit
Pros
paycheck
Cons
low low salary
Good company
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 19, 2017
Aramark (lifeworks) is a great company to work for. Great group of people. They take pride in doing things the right way. They usually treat their employees fair.
Pros
Happy environments & free lunch.
Cons
N/a
Stressful
Food service worker, cashier, floater (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXOctober 18, 2017
Stressful, most employees are nice and friendly.
Poor management.
Hired as cashier, was made floater. No raise.
Will say the days and hours are best part of job.
Rarely got breaks.
Hard work, but worth it to have nights and weekends off.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short almost non existent breaks
The food place where you get free lunch and breakfast
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAOctober 18, 2017
Typical day at work was to prepare and pre-cook things for the opening of the dining hall. I have learned to communicate with a lot of different people.
Well balanced work place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2017
A day at work is okay there are good and bads depending how it's balanced. What I learned so far while working there for 3 years, you do have to count the items, set up the foods and give good greetings to costumers. The bads are the hardest part of the job where everything speeds up the lines get bigger but it is not really much of a stress but it is something that has to be done quickly. The goods are the most enjoyable such as food breaks and meeting new people and working on your favorite position as the game finishes
Pros
Food is free
Cons
Breaks are short
Productive Work Place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Newark, DE 19716October 9, 2017
My typical day at work is extremely busy handling the bakery department with displays and production. It is a fast paced environment and never boring. The management is excellent and very helpful there. It is very diversified place to work with different backgrounds and cultures. The hardest part of the job is sometimes being on your feet all day, which can be hard on your feet. The most enjoyable part of the job you are always busy and your around people all the time.
Aramark
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2017
I am currently a Food Service Worker. My typical day consist of preparing a full salad bar with romaine, tomato, onions, cucumbers, cup up can fruits, and wash and bag apples, oranges, etc. It also consist of cashiering and serving the food to the students. I also am a backup person and that consist of washing dishes, preparing food as needed, sweeping, mopping and taking out trash. I have learned that no matter what job you go to that you have to know how to do your job and at a very fast pace sometimes. I have learned to work well with others cause i like to get the job done by myself. As for management I personally think that things should be handled differently but hey I am just the Indian and they are the chiefs so therefore they don't listen to us as food service workers. I have worked with different nationalities and I don't discriminate cause we are all there to do a job and get along. I don't feel that my job is hard at all, your job is only hard when you make it that way. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help others and put a smile on someones face when they are feeling down and out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.