Aramark Employee Reviews for Food Service Worker

Stressful
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAAugust 17, 2018
Very hectic & stressful environment. They start you with full time hours & shorty start cutting your hours from 8 hours a day to 4 hours a day. You must have everything prep & ready within 1 hour & cleanup at the end with very little time. Short 15 minute lunch breaks.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks, Low Pay & Short Hours
Great hours
Food service worker/cafeteria manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, ARAugust 16, 2018
I love working here. The hardest part of the job is a fast pace do you have to do. Best part of the job is getting to interact with the kids and your coworkers.
Good temp job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  DelawareAugust 15, 2018
As low as you can go without starting over in the food service industry. If you have no confidence in your skill or cannot get a job in a real restaurant.....this would be a good spot for you. They work with any schedule.
Pros
Free meals, great hours
Cons
Minimal raises, Low pay, No advancement
Personal at school teachers student were very nice.
Food Prep/Server (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 15, 2018
Too much work for amount if pay. 2 employees left or got fired and didn't replace them so just left to do there work and the raise of .05 cents just not appreciated
Pros
Like the students like people I work with.
Cons
Too much maintenance sweeping mopping
Overall Aramark was a fun and rewarding job. I loved it
Customer service clerk/ food server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2018
Be mindful of parents that have small children or children with medical issues. Communication goes a long way. If a person has experience the pay should be based on their experience. Everything else was fine.
healthy work enviorment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 6, 2018
Hot food and friendly great service not mood swings from all of our bosses and nice conection with everyone in the building common grounds met for all of us inside the same work enviorment.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
heated food
Fun co- workers
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 4, 2018
Very fast paced on a limited time. Prep, serve, cashier, and keeping the kitchen clean at all times. Not enough hours that’s why I am looking for another job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Simple Worplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAAugust 3, 2018
Simple. Easy. And i was very thankful for my time of work. I learned how to set tables, work better with others while also taking orders and being apart of a team unit.
Pros
Free Foood
Cons
Not enough hours
A lot of room for growth, and learing.
Cook Food service mgr. Cashier Line worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
Overall was a great place to work. Food service mgr. for 13 yrs with the School District. Worked in Concessions for 8 yrs part time at George R. Brown Center. Training was great., teamwork and my managers,
Pros
Free lunches training on safety
Cons
short breaks time off
Working with a good team can make the hard work a little better.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJuly 24, 2018
This is a job that focuses a lot on safety. It can be hard work being on your feet all day and the temperatures can cause difficulties with the heat of the ovens and the cold of the walk in freezer.
Having a good team that will help each other out and work well together is key. There are some difficult days that the stress can be overwhelming, but having a great manager who provides support and coworkers who are ready to help makes it easier to get through. My manager was very helpful in training me from the start and was always encouraging and supportive. I felt that I could talk to her about any concerns and she would take them seriously. The higher management is a little more difficult to understand sometimes especially when there are quick changes in policy and feeling that your job may be threatened.
Serving and helping young children in my job is the highlight of each day.
Pros
free lunch, training, schedule, smiling faces
Cons
high stress, lack of benefits
Fast pace work enviroment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville State UniversityJuly 17, 2018
Once I begin work I check the schedule to see what duties I am assigned to for the day. I am currently working on a full time basis. I serve food, clean the facility or perform any tasks that are assigned to me. The atmosphere at our work placed is fast paced. We are given training on a as needed. basis It is very rewarding working in the facility because we feed so many different types of patrons on a daily basis. We feed the students that are registered at the university to include foreign students also. If there are groups of elementary or high school students touring the university we feed them also. Along with the faculty teachers and advisors we also feed the alumnae as well. The hardest part of the job is to be ready to deal with the everchanging pace of the facilty.
Pros
Free meal during shift.
Cons
Short breaks
Great job if you get the right situation
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 15, 2018
Fast paced work environment that makes the work day go fast. Great job for someone who wants to make a little extra money and have the summer off. If you get a good team of people to work with this is an incredible job. However, if you do not have great co-workers this job becomes quite difficult as you work in close contact with your team all day long. Work is not difficult and you will never feel the need to "bring your job home with you".
Pros
Free lunch, summers off, easy tasks
Cons
Poor insurance, can't take time off
Good company to work for
Food Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARJuly 13, 2018
Aramark is a good company to work for and there are plenty of opportunities to further advance with the company as well, depending on your career goals and what you want to do in the future.
Fast pace, fun place to work.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 13, 2018
Enjoyed every minute I worked. The co-workers were a joy and I made a few new friends. The workplace culture was casual and inviting. Management was fair.
Pros
Freee meal
Cons
Co-workers are easy to work with plus you have weekends and holidays off.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 10, 2018
The hours are perfect especially for someone with children within the school district. May not work well for this job to be a sole source of financial support. Great group of people to work with. The pay is in an average range but for all that is required to do, the salary should be higher.
Pros
Health benefits, discounts, wknds & holidays off
Cons
Salary could be more
lynn was a great and helpful boss
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 28, 2018
it was easy to go to work when you knew your whole team had your back. we were a small close knit group and we all got along great. it was a shame that the company lost the contract with our location.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hot kitchen
Varying paces depending on the time of year especially during each quarter.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 28, 2018
Dealing with many people all the time with a wide range of behaviors and personalities. This provides a great experience to interact with people whether you are used to them or not doesn't matter when more than 100 people at once start demanding food and you have to prepare and serve their meals to keep the calm inside the area.
Pros
Free meals after shifts
Cons
No breaks during shifts
bad management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Gorham, MEJune 16, 2018
They would not manage or run around with vulgar remarks. Walking around giving out genatil cookies in not ok. Telling people thay cant eat or use the bathroom, only giving lunches when shift starts or it is almost over.
Pros
free foid
Cons
can't eat
Food service worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJune 10, 2018
Great opportunity to work. Great people. Treated with respect. Everybody is helpful to complete the task to make sure the job is done. The food is great. Customer service is great.
fun to work at time
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2018
If the raises and and job advancement was and opportunity I'll rate this company 100%. But for now this company pays my bills and help me take care of my kids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K

2.3

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight