Aramark Employee Reviews for Supervisor

1946
Found 406 reviews matching the search See all 12,549 reviews
fun
Culinary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 19, 2018
I was here in what most say is the prime time in life. I worked so much bc O wanted to obtain everything that I could. I started at 16 and shortly after turning 18 I was promoted to supervisor.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 15, 2018
I use to like working for Aramark. And i still do, its just the managment team to me is unfair sometimes when it comes to treating all employees fair and with respect.
Pros
Free lunch tickets
Cons
Respect and dignity
Productive and great experience to work with
Inmate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 8, 2018
I love it great experience you learn something every day dealing with different inmates day to day. They have awesome benefits, fantastic security. Not to mention the food is delicious. I recommend people to work with Aramark.
Pros
Helpful co workers
Cons
Health care
great to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 5, 2018
Loved every minute of working here. I was front end supervisor.
I was able to build great relationships with the staff. Learned so much on how to manage others. My boss took time to inform me of up-coming events and gave me coaching on management skills to improve upon
Pros
loved the company
Cons
lost the contract at the location i worked
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 3, 2018
I would come in and make sure everything was set up to start the shift. I would check my schedule to see who was scheduled to work for what shift. I had to assign duties to everyone, once all employees were in and the shift was started two days a week i would check inventory or stocked received products. I had to count cash drawers and handle the safe deposits
Pros
Free Lunch Meals/ Learning Opportunities
Cons
Short employees for shift
Very Easy Going
Concessions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2018
Aramark is very easy going. As long as you do your job and are willing to work as a team you will do just fine. The Concessions Manager is awesome as well as the other concessions supervisors. Everyone is very welcoming. The Director of Operations talks to everyone, no matter what your position is.
The best Company Ever
Concessions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2018
ARAMARK is the Best Company hands down. They Acknowledged all their employees. They support all their employee. The Management Staff are very supportive. The Management team jumps in and get dirty along with the team.
Pros
Advancement, Pay
Cons
Work Work
Worked very long hours.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 23, 2018
I was consistently working 12-14 hour days and that did not leave much time for my son. Scheduling days off was not easy. The turnover rate for management is very high.
Pros
Dayshift
Not focused on advancement of employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 20, 2018
As management, you work long hours because of budgets promised by upper management with little to no outside training for the expectations of the job. Your superiors will not be able to do your job because they themselves were hired with no experience working the position you will be expected to maintain. Those individuals in the positions to set the budgets for accounts are unable to do simple math, therefore your operation budget requires that you pay employees minimum wage and expect that they will "WANT" to work for your company.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Long hours, poor training, micro-management
Productive Workplace to grow within the company.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 18, 2018
A place where to can learn from and teach others to prepare and cook for different cultures. A company that you can relocate in order to gain more experience for a career movement.
Pros
Feee lunch
Horrible Work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, KSJuly 17, 2018
Working in a prison, we were instrusted to use scoops smaller than the size required per the menu, shorting the inmates on thier meals. In my opinion this is so that the sales of their purchase food increase due to hunger, so that more money can be made of the inmates.
Aramark is an amazing company, with contracts in several professional stadiums and other events, so why do they feel the need to short inmates servings to save money? That is why they were scored so low. In my opinion this is abusing a sytem that you bid for, and taking advantage of people.
Thinking inmates are dumb is not a good idea and I have seen and been accused of shorting by angry inmates during htier meal lines.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Stressful prison environment due to inmates becoming angry at the shortage of thier portions.
Negative
Alcohol Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 16, 2018
Negative at all phases of area stressful everyday at aramark period nothing else to say it was a bad job for me yes it is aramark at Capital one arena in the nation capital Washington DC is some (BULL)They over work under pay and are very racist
Cons
Fun and productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 13, 2018
The people there are amazing to work with. I enjoyed my time there. I believe it was beneficial for future life resources. I loved my team members as well as found my employers to be very supportive.
I enjoyed working for Aramark
EVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 12, 2018
I was a supervisor for Housekeeping...We had meeting every morning...I planned which area the housekeepers would work...If things changed thru the day, I arranged things as to get the work done.
Pros
nice dining room and break rooms
Cons
our contract was over, I was offered to go to Louisiana to work but I couldnt move
lack of employees
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 11, 2018
Employee turnover rate was extremely high. Staffing issues on a daily that caused at many times severe difficulty in completion of a successful work day.
Pros
immediate hiring
Cons
unsatisfied employees
nice place to work for
Supervisor C-Club (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2018
Was a supervisor for 3 years and It was ok to work for this company. The pay could of been more with my background. But I would work for them again and send them employees to seek work through them.
ok place to work for
Mars Morning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 4, 2018
cook and clean prep food management sucks workplace awesome the hardest part of the job is dealing with management dealing with the consumer and knowing they eat well
Pros
you can learn new skills
Cons
management
My Job
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19107July 1, 2018
I feel a better understanding between management and the culinary staff is needed, Management should learn to talk " to" employees instead of "at" them. I do enjoy my culinary team .
Pros
Free lunch Close to home
Cons
unmatched 401k for supervisors, short lunch, no one works a 40 hour week, overtime isn't allowed even when short staffed, Management unwilling to listen to staff in regards to working style and recipes
Unorganized and unfair workplace
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 1, 2018
I was able to grow as a leader while working for Aramark, despite the poor management. I did the best i could on a daily basis despite being extremely short handed all the time. The hardest part of the job was having to develop my skills alone with little guidance. Nothing i said was ever considered. I felt very unappreciated and used. How ever i developed some of the best relationships from this job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor managers
only care about the bottom line
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2018
They promise you growth, but all they care about is the bottom line and won't ever advance you unless you are popular among their office politics chain. You basically have to play the game; nothing is based on merit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight