Aramark Pay & Benefits reviews

good place to work
Sealer/Packer (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 15, 2018
i would still be there if i did not suffer a work injury that required surgery. i was asked to resign quietly and my medical bills would be paid. I had to leave the job. It was their decision
Pros
good environment
Good temp job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  DelawareAugust 15, 2018
As low as you can go without starting over in the food service industry. If you have no confidence in your skill or cannot get a job in a real restaurant.....this would be a good spot for you. They work with any schedule.
Pros
Free meals, great hours
Cons
Minimal raises, Low pay, No advancement
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2018
Worked for them as an intern for a summer. Learned a lot and the chefs were more than generous in sharing their knowledge with us. Schedule was rough but that's what you get being the low man.
Personal at school teachers student were very nice.
Food Prep/Server (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 15, 2018
Too much work for amount if pay. 2 employees left or got fired and didn't replace them so just left to do there work and the raise of .05 cents just not appreciated
Pros
Like the students like people I work with.
Cons
Too much maintenance sweeping mopping
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 15, 2018
I use to like working for Aramark. And i still do, its just the managment team to me is unfair sometimes when it comes to treating all employees fair and with respect.
Pros
Free lunch tickets
Cons
Respect and dignity
excited and knowledge
Supervisor/Cook (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2018
Overall it was a decent place to work@. I gain some more knowledge when it came down to working in the kitchen and dealing with different personal with in the inmates. Some of the manager's were okay to deal with and some were complicated to deal with and talk too.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Fast pace busy
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 13, 2018
Hours are full during the school year but sparingly during the summer. Hours are what would be expected in food service. Otherwise it's a fun environment to work in and a lot of opportunity to grow
It's Like Going to School
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA, POD VillageAugust 11, 2018
Management, coworkers, and even the customers are nice and friendly. The job itself isn't too stressfull. However, the pay is minimal, there are no extra benefits, full-time employees receive measly extra benefits, if any at all, and the pay raise from entry level employee to supervisor is only a dollar. There is little hope of advancement, and employees' hours are kept low. Locations shut down for spring, summer, fall, and winter breaks.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Little pay
ok company for partimers or first time lookers
Cash-room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 10, 2018
if you are looking for a part-time job or just looking for a first time job this is definitely the place. i don't recommend making a career here. there is a reason why they work in cafeterias and concession stands. do yourself a favor and go to college, study a useful major.
Pros
flexibility and discounts
Cons
low skill, low pay job
It a good company to work for
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILAugust 10, 2018
I worked in the food service for the hospital. Do not work as a part time employee. Your days and hours will be inconsistent. I work only 10 to 15 hours a week.
Great place to work,Awful work environment(Prison)
Aramark Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, KSAugust 8, 2018
Most of the people at the company are great, and i joined the company because they want to work for a place that makes a difference. The benefits are okay, and the company supports the idea of work-life balance.Hours are worked in your favor to give you more days off. But management doesn't care about you and after 8-9 months you will be replaced.
Pros
Free food, Relaxed job
Cons
Around hundred of inmates, Terrible Correctional officers, No cell phones, no long term advancements
Productive and great experience to work with
Inmate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 8, 2018
I love it great experience you learn something every day dealing with different inmates day to day. They have awesome benefits, fantastic security. Not to mention the food is delicious. I recommend people to work with Aramark.
Pros
Helpful co workers
Cons
Health care
cooking job
Cook (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 5, 2018
Pay should be better. I have a household to support, so i would need more compensation. I did not really like the position because I felt there was not room to move up.
Customer Service Representative/ Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami,FLAugust 5, 2018
Great company, great benefits, obtained great experience while employed here. Open door policy. Position was eliminated due to downsizing. Would love to work here again
Fun co- workers
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 4, 2018
Very fast paced on a limited time. Prep, serve, cashier, and keeping the kitchen clean at all times. Not enough hours that’s why I am looking for another job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Aramark
Cleaning Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 4, 2018
I enjoy the people on my team a lot, but the work is very overwhelming with the impossible schedules, and bad communication between our client and the staff. We work very hard , and are definetly underpaid.
Pros
We do have free lunches offered, and our uniforms washed for us if needed.
Cons
Bad schedules, not enough pay, and not enough workers hired.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO 63026August 3, 2018
Company went through reorganization. Job eliminated. Overall was a good place to work. Got along well with management and co-workers. Would recommend working their.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
Some of the benefits weren't the greatest
Overworked and stressful
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 3, 2018
I worked at a extreme high volume Starbucks licensed through Aramark. Each day during Fall and Spring semesters was busy and stressful. Even though I entered the job with previous barista experience I felt overwhelmed by the customer flow without proper number of workers scheduled or many workers would call-in.

Most workers are students (myself included until I decided to take a break) and can't work during the busiest times due to classes, yet the location manager for the campus refused to hire full-time non-student workers. Higher management rarely helped us succeed. Now they are bringing online ordering when we still don't have enough capable workers.

I also never received full-time benefits despite working 40 hrs a week. I agreed to go full-time to have the health insurance, PTO, and vacation time but it was all empty promises. They worked me without compensation.
Fun place to work I enjoyed it alot
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIAugust 3, 2018
It was a good job and nice environment. The people were friendly and helpful. Customer service oriented and flexible with scheduling. I rate it a nine.
Pros
Reward lunches
Cons
Short breaks
it was not a good place
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 2, 2018
It was a good place to work and the hours were crazy stupid. I didn't like work there definitely with the management sucked and doesn't care about there employees
Pros
benifits are good and paid time off
Cons
management sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K
43.8K
33.1K
21.1K
1946

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aramark.