Aramark Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 2,867 reviews matching the search See all 13,170 reviews
cool
Food Services Worker (Current Employee) –  University Center, MINovember 11, 2018
The pay is very nice, the hours are great. The union is alright, they don't really try their best in siding with us when we need them the most. Many of the of the people I work with are nice, there a lot that talk about you and make things up.
Fast paced environment, the pay wasn’t great and I was layed off several times a year
Chef Du Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVNovember 11, 2018
Overall this is a good place to work. If it wasn’t for layoffs and low pay I would have stayed there. The management staff was not very good. High turn over of FOH employees.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
Layoffs
ok to work for a college student
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXNovember 9, 2018
working concessions is easy but the responsibility for the little pay is not great at all .25 cents more than minimum wage is unacceptable. At the end of the games at times you handle thousands of dollars and are responsible for the money and inventory to match. For that much responsibility the pay should at least be at 2 dollars or 1.50 more. I've worked several jobs in my life so i know The amount of work vs the amount of wages. The salaries paid to workers are NOT realistic salaries for people who pay rent, bills, and a car note. Maybe if you are a Manager But for ordinary workers you will barely get by.
Pros
friendly coworkers and management
Cons
not enough pay, no free lunch, no benefits
Decent first job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCNovember 8, 2018
This job is great for work experience but other than that it’s not a good working environment. The HR was the biggest problem we had. She was a mean person who was no help to anyone. The hours were good but for the amount of work doesn’t match the pay at all. 8.25 is not enough when I have to cook food for thousands of students made-to-order.
Pros
Free food and is on campus
Cons
Higher management sucks
Fast paced environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSNovember 8, 2018
Aramark is a fast paced environment. It will be a great job for a college student. It is not so good of a job for a person with kids and bills. The pay is not so very good.
Pros
Get holidays and most weekends off
Cons
Not enough pay, Short hours
Hectic environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2018
Stressful prep deadlines. Some collaborative efforts with coworkers but often no support from mid-management. Very corporate environment which has it's pros and cons.
Pros
Corporate benefits
Cons
Low pay
Long hours and long weeks
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 7, 2018
Working for the catering team at JMU for Aramark should not be a review of Aramark as a whole. I have heard many great things from others that work for Aramark but this was not the case for me as I had to endure a 32hr work day to make sure that our events were ready and on schedule. This was due to a major mistake in an allocation of resources.
Pros
Overtime for hourly and SNE employees, Healthcare and dental are offered.
Cons
Long hours and less than optimal pay scale.
Aramark is an alright company
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 6, 2018
Serving food at Aramark as a college student definitely helped me to get a grasp on things in the working world. While not a perfect company, working with Aramark was a good first job to work to help me get into the working world.
Pros
Free Meals, Friendly Environment
Cons
Not many benefits for a college part-timer
Better than most.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSNovember 6, 2018
I wouldn’t mind recommending others to Aramark. Flexiable work hours. Decent job. Especially if you are a college student. You can work on campus & go to class all in the same area.
Pros
1 Free meal a day.
Cons
Breaks not long enough.
Good
Assistant Food Service Manager Transfered To Sando (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 5, 2018
Good once you get used to working with inmates. Restrooms aren't in kitchen. Have to plan restroom breakes. Free meals. Long hours on concrete floors
Pros
Easy work... supervising inmates.
Cons
Long hours on feet. Concrete floors.
Stressful place to work, not worth it
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 5, 2018
Aramark at UNCW definitely has some work to do. The morale around the locations on campus is honestly horrible. The workers act like they hate their jobs and are most of the time unpleasant to work with. Management is a joke. The cattiness and pettiness around campus from people who are supposed to your higher ups is ridiculous. There's nobody to talk to on a personal and anonymous level if you're having issues, because everybody in buddy buddy and has their cliques. No room to grow and better yourself. Pay is decent, but not worth it due to the stress. Nobody is willing to help anybody out- every man for himself, basically. There are also mandatory breaks nobody will tell you about when hiring you- when students are off of campus and locations are closed(school breaks), you are off of work and not getting paid...same goes for weather situations, etc. hurricane and being out of work for a month and not getting paid. Poorly ran and managed.
Pros
Free meals on job, Decent pay
Cons
Manadatory Unpaid Breaks, Poorly Managed, Stressful, No Help, Cliques and Petty Higher Ups.
Great environment overall to work at, Employees was fun an easy to work with.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2018
You got paid good. The customers we're really fun as well. Got tips at the end of the night an sometimes got to watch the game if our shifts ended early enough.
Pros
Tips, Got to occasionally watch games
Cons
Didn't get breaks
Fast paced
Picker (Current Employee) –  Salem, VaNovember 4, 2018
I have worked for Aramark Uniform Services in Salem, Va since April 2017. I like the job I do. I'm a picker. I do feel that I could be paid more than $10 an hour. The management is good. The benefits are good.
Aramark is a great company!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 4, 2018
Aramark is a great company, but higher ed in the DC area, management turnover is extremely high. The company need to look at the RDM's a little closer.
Pros
401K, free lunch
Years ago about 10 to 12 years ago Aramark was a wonderful place to work for. Now management sucks they don't care about the employee.
Cook/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 3, 2018
Me personally I've called corporate on my location about 3 or 4 times because of my hours, no raises, and managers telling other workers not management to call or text another employee about being off work the next day. Poor management skills on the manager's behalf.
Pros
You can sometimes meet some nice coworkers
Cons
Management sucks
Quick paced environment. Its a job. Helps to pay bills. Not much more.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSNovember 3, 2018
Under paid and under appreciated!!! I used to really enjoy my job, but have come to hate it. I only go in now, to see my customers, and to pay my bills. My heart is no longer in my work. Poor management!
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Interrupted break, management, poor pay, 401k doesn't company match, long hours, did i say poor pay.
its ok
Cleaner, Utility and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2018
First I was working smooth there and then later on it become disaster they get doing two jobs. they never paid only the union pay not the company the compliants about this company.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
I take 30 minute Break
Review
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 2, 2018
It’s a nice place to work. This is definitely entry level but gives the foundation on how to be a hard worker. Great benefits as well. Management is okay but could improve.
Production
Diet clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2018
Other than cutting hours and not giving incentive bonuses anymore. I really loved the job. But you do cutbacks and make it hard to pay bills. Getting paid to do multiple jobs wasn't what I had in mind. I was hired as fiet vlerk. But I ended up doing trsyline, washing dishes and hosting whenever they were shorthanded.
Pros
Cons
No bonuses
Aramark is a well known food service company that I spent 10 years working there
Suites Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 1, 2018
It gave me great pleasure is being a part of a team that focused on the customer needs and benefits. I enjoyed the role of problem solver and my results gave me great joy. The hardest part of my job was customer complaints as a result of not being properly served. The best part of my job was getting recognized for a job well done.
Pros
great environment to work in
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight