Aramark Employee Reviews

Work site could be a better place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Poor in giving hours to workers to satisfy their living...increase in salary isn't good...there is no level of moving up a scale just being at the same level
Hot place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2018
Exciting sometimes but its not enough money to pay your bills but its a job some meal is better than no meal a good job for kids that are out of school
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay not good
Worst company ever
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 16, 2018
Management "delegates" their job duties to hourly employees:
Ordering product, inventory product, implementation of product pricing, organizing guest restaurants scheduling, printing and entering production sheets, entering waste logs, putting away product delivery. Then once finished doing my boss's job I'm free to do mine.

Managers spend most of the time playing on their cellphone.

No help from management to meet deadlines.
When deadlines aren't meet they berate you until you feel worthless as a human.

No training programs, you're shown the station you'll be working and simply told to "figure it out".

Company culture puts pressure on you to "go the extra mile", and work off the clock.

By far the worst employment in 20 years experience as a chef.
Pros
I'll be quiting soon
Cons
Aramark as a whole
Not bad, but not great
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 16, 2018
I was an FSD. The training with RMK is non existent. Impossible budgets, huge amount of redundancy in information, and laughable expectations from all areas of support. Very left leaning in culture. They expect consistency throughout the organization as far as labor, food cost, and direct expense targets, however each location has an independent contract that dictates what is to be provided. How can you assign the same financial expectations to each profit center when every contract is different. Lack of consistent direction from the top down. Very confusing company strategies. That's what happens when you try to be everything to everybody.
Pros
Time off policies
Cons
Confusing expectations that change regularly, poor training
Staff
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 16, 2018
They played favouritism and the management was unprofessional. They spoke behind my back and then lied to my face.whenevr I came in there was always something I did wrong and needed to re_learn because of the lack of communication.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad management, lack of communication, compensation
A good place to learn and grow
Lead Chef/ Assistant Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PASeptember 15, 2018
I worked there for many years and learned a lot about helping customers and learning my trade. it truly is a great company to work for, in whatever field you would like to work.
Stressful work environment, lack of workers to student ratio.
Food Server Worker (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 15, 2018
I arrive at 730 am and I start preparing breakfast to the classroom's.once completed I then take the temperature of the lunch food that has to be prepped in order to get lunch ready. During lunch I serve the student's.After lunch I clean the kitchen to get ready for the next day.
I love the student interaction,and the co-workers I have.

The hardest part of my day is if I have no help and the managers have to fill in. it's hard because I know they have to be in a lot of places and i do not get a lot of help at no fault of their own.
Pros
The hours are perfect because i work for the school system and I have a daughter in school.
Cons
Not enough kitchen staff per student ratio.
Wonderful place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working there lots fun on top of staying busy..great co workers and manager..we worked most weeks 40 hours but sometimes more.. a very Christian environment which I like
Bad work enviorement
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IASeptember 14, 2018
Management had no skills at all. Upper management was a bully and a joke. Left employees to do multi tasks with out extra pay. Paychecks always wrong. Lie and make up things on written reports. Bad company to work for. Never again!
good as a temporary job
DAILY INCOME AUDIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Page, AZSeptember 14, 2018
Aramark is used to temporary seasonal workers and there is no room for advancement. If you desire to become a permanent worker you have to be accepted by the full time employees.
Ok company to work for
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 14, 2018
It paid the bills. Would not return unless they have increased pay scale and deleted the occurrence policy. Life happens and they do not bend to help.
Love my job
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 14, 2018
I would work here forever if I could it was a great learning experience and company to work for. I think anyone who wants to learn and advance In their career
Pros
Free food
review
prep food (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2018
it gets busy at times, I like it. This is my first year with them. so it will take time getting the hang of everything and working in different ares, and meeting new people
Pros
i get to meet new people
Paid on performance
Zone Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Very results oriented.
High expectations and high reward.
Great opportunities for high performers.
Provided with resources to get results.
Fast paced environment.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Stressfull
Fast paced work envirnment
ASSISTANT OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2018
I found working there rewarding as I was able to gain many valuable work-related skills. While it was a very fast paced and demanding work environment it allows room for growth and advancement if you are motivated enough. I found it to be highly organized. Due to the nature of the job my schedule fluctuated greatly, from nights to mornings and even afternoons which can eventually wear on the body as you don’t have a regular sleeping pattern. I enjoined learning to manage and handle all aspects of operations management, from hiring to training and to learning how to manage an account. Overall I feel I left better than when I first started working there.
Nice for Making Quick Money
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 13, 2018
The job is straigtfoward and good for anyone entering the workforce. I used this job to supplement my income. Benifits are minimal. Don't expect much with this job.
temporary assignment to help clean up company's accounts
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 13, 2018
I was assigned for two months but ended up staying five months to help clean up the accounts of the company's customers. I performed collections, updates, and worked with their system to follow up and obtain results to receive payments and resolutions to various problems.
Pros
Interesting job and people to work with
Cons
management tried to hire me but company could not hire at that time
Just no.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Solvay, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Plain and simple, if you have a family or a life, don't do it. The job itself is physical and management doesn't care if you get hurt, they tell you to keep going. You are under the impression at hire and in interview that the money will be great, but some routes the commission doesn't outweigh the base pay, so you get bare minimum. Monday through Friday flat rate sounds great, but when you're working 60-70 hours a week by yourself lifting heavy items all day, your overall health disintegrates quickly. There's a reason they can't keep anyone in this position.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No home life, terrible way of living.
Worst Food Service Job Ever
Cook/Cashier/Prep/Dishwasher/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 13, 2018
Everything about Aramark was horrible. Bad management, bad pay, and terrible co-workers that made the job harder and more stressful than it should ever be.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, no raises, terrible employee treatment, disgusting cleaning practices, dirty kitchen, and a total lack of respect and decency.
can be a fun place to work
Cashier@ wake forest university (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Management have very little respect for their workers. There is no flexibility with the schedule nor hours. Most of the workers are there for the students.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad managament

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K
43.9K
33.2K
21.2K
1980

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aramark.