Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 11,272 reviews matching the search See all 13,326 reviews
Awesome
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2018
Job is a very temporary job as we only work events. However, the events are always well put together and its such an awesome experience. I definitely recommend.
I loved working at Aramark
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 7, 2018
A typical day at Aramark was fun! Aramark was inside Riverbanks Zoo so there was plenty to see and do while at work. I learned how to be a team player and enjoy working for what I desired.
Horrible Management, No Support
Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 7, 2018
The company does not try to groom current employees, nor do they support you in your role. Stressful work environment both on the ground and with corporate. The salary definitely doesn't match the hours that you put in. And free food that doesn't even taste all that great doesn't make up for it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
workplace culture, stressful environment, long hours, work weekends
Poor
Wash Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 6, 2018
Working for armark was a bad choice the work conditions were bad in the summer its way to hot in the build and in the winter you freeze. Other then that the manager really did not seem to care if you had any concerns . Trying to get your vacation time was next to in possible.
Not Worth The Time
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 6, 2018
Not enough cleaning supplies or chemicals to work with everyday there's a hunt for cleaning supplies and chemicals by the time you get the cleaning supplies needed an hour has passed housekeepers buy their own chemicals to work with using their own money for a corporation that doesn't pay well.
Cant afford the Healthcare it's to high for the little pay management have their picks and you are driving your car from each site without mileage or gas pay.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay No Cleaning Supplies to work with
Make Sure you start off making what you need to!
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 6, 2018
I was the Shuttle Driver for AUS in Kansas City MO from 2014- 2018. In the beginning I onboarded through a Temp agency. I was offered the position with the Company 1 month after starting @18 an hour I declined the offer and countered at 20 an hour.
Year 1- 50-55 hrs a week unloading/reloading with assistance from load build employee's.
First year raise 35 cents an hour.
Year 2- 53-57 hours a week no longer assistance from load build employee's added managing all maintained scheduling of Semi and Trailer. Raise was 50 cents.
Year 3- 55-57 hours a week unloading everything solo, managing your equipment now staging depot loads and managing depot clean return and small inventory levels at depot location. Raise 18 cents.
Year-4 57-60+ hours per week. Unloading and loading everything solo, managing your equipment, staging loads, depot inventory management, putting depot logo mats in route loads or in route slots, putting away new orders and delays coming back from the stockroom in Des Moines Iowa, running hauls on the weekends when needed.
So as you can see AA the company did away with some overhead they needed to fill the void so some of it fell upon the Shuttle Driver. About 5 months ago I approached our General Manager with this laid out how my work load has increased and asked for $24 an hour after I had PROVEN I could in fact handle the increase in duties. She agreed and submitted the request to our regional HR rep in Chicago who in turn compared my current compensation with that of other Shuttle Drivers in the region to determine in her opinion I was already making
  more... enough money. So after failure to come to terms I gave the company a 3 week notice which I served completely and walked away. Aramark WILL let you walk over a couple of dollars. My advice to any Shuttle Driver is to Negotiate, Negotiate, Negotiate! When you are hiring on! They do have a swing that the General Mangers can use so if the job is 20 an hour they have about a 5 dollar per hour window in which they can play with! So ask for More!!!!!!  less
Pros
Independence if you're good, scheduling flexibility, most of your coworkers are good people.
Cons
High turnover(5 GM's in 4 years) 16 DM's, no longer given turkeys for Thanksgiving. Work flow is dependant on Plant speed.
Aramark Review
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 6, 2018
As an Aramark employee I typically prep food for the production line, clean dishes, and go through closing procedures. Overall within the workplace coworkers are friendly and collaborative.
Dont have much to say
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 6, 2018
Was an ok place it was a mandatory place for me because of the situation at times I would get fustrated on the job because of the managment but I enjoyed being able to work alone at times.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks
Very productive job
Cafeteria Aide (Former Employee) –  Union, NJDecember 6, 2018
I loved working for Aramark the only reason why I left because the pay sucked!! I felt like I wasn't getting the pay that I should of been getting especially after working there for almost 9 years. They put me as lead and I wasnt making lead money. The hours were great I was able to take my kids to school and get to work and be off before they got off.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Field service Technician
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 5, 2018
Very little training ,unorganized, chaos, poor management, poor communication. Understaffed, poor compensation, high turn over rate. No one in mgmt. can ever own up to their own mistakes!!

Want to know more about Aramark?

Ask a question
pay rate
Housekeeper/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHDecember 5, 2018
i was not told that the rate i was hired in was going to change in 30 days they miss lead me and wasted my time you cant afford to have a four dollar an hour pay cut and be able to live if you rasied your hourly pay maybe you could keep your good housekeepers
Pros
na
Cons
na
Poor management
CLEANING LADY (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2018
Health reasons made me need a clerical job and they would not provide it. Management and Human Resources did not take an interest in finding a job to place me in. They required mandatory overtime.
Fun and friendly atmosphere
Concessions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2018
Great place to work. Best company for advancement opportunities with great benefits. Laid back environment so that there is minimal stress related to the job.
Pros
Free meals and discounts
Cons
long shifts
Not my favorite job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rockville, INDecember 5, 2018
This was one of my least favorite jobs. It was stressful. the things that were overlooked by management were absolutely disgusting. no one was worried about the health of the consumers.
Fast paced enjoyable environment
Food Service Director National Accounts (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2018
Good company to work for on a daily basis. Companies focus on providing salary and benefits to their managers and line level employees could be better. The work environment and culture are very good.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Corporate environment does not value the role of their managers as they should.
Stressful and Cut throat environment
EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLDecember 4, 2018
Stressful but great with appropriate management. Salary is fair and the benefits that they offer are good. Room for growth in the hospitality or hospital environment is minimal.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of Managerial Support
The hevy wait in food and bevarage.
Director of Catering (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2018
Great company to work if you want to travel and learn the food and beverage operations I went with Aramark to London,China ,Mexico, Spain ,Boston ,Canada from the Olympic to the biggest conventions sport events Super bold world series all star games I have work in all of them
Pros
free travel
Cons
lots of hours
Fast paced, good benefits, forward thinking
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chester, PADecember 3, 2018
Fast paced work environment that is stressful at times. Good benefits- health, dental, vision, 401k match. Good vacation/ PTO but it is often difficult to use them. More training should be available
Very negative culture
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 3, 2018
Hours are long and can be grueling. The pay is good and you don't work weekends. That being said, managers deal with constant negative feedback from customers due to constant price increases and the company revenue growth strategy is gauging their current customers instead of taking care of them and finding new ones.
Fun coworkers bad management and Hr
Club Level Cook (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2018
Not all Aramark entities are like the particular one in which I am referring to the Lincoln Financial FieldWay home of the Philadelphia Eagles. The hire ups need some type of compassion courses or something a lot of those people talk to you like your a child or like they think there better than you are.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight