Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 11,165 reviews matching the search See all 13,195 reviews
Aramark is an alright company
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 6, 2018
Serving food at Aramark as a college student definitely helped me to get a grasp on things in the working world. While not a perfect company, working with Aramark was a good first job to work to help me get into the working world.
Pros
Free Meals, Friendly Environment
Cons
Not many benefits for a college part-timer
Better than most.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSNovember 6, 2018
I wouldn’t mind recommending others to Aramark. Flexiable work hours. Decent job. Especially if you are a college student. You can work on campus & go to class all in the same area.
Pros
1 Free meal a day.
Cons
Breaks not long enough.
Employee
Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 6, 2018
I was employed with Aramark for 27 years and I enjoyed every moment of my experience. They gave me a great opportunity to grow and learn through the years.
productive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 6, 2018
typical day of work was worked long shift , taking new orders so they would be distributed to store companies.answered calls assisted new customers with new orders and shipment.
Pros
luch
fun but seriousfast paced
Concessions cook (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 6, 2018
it was fast paced but relaxed at the same time.managers were cool depending on who you were.was a good empolyee so idk, working at aramark is just another typical job.. it is what it is simplke
chalanging place to work
Assistant operations manager (Current Employee) –  warren michiganNovember 6, 2018
large disconnect between upper management and middle management. Poor communication. Never consult with employees on how work is being performed, or challenges at the work place
It’s a challenge working with college students.
Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 5, 2018
I work with students daily and this is always a challenge. Overall it is a very enjoyable experience. It’s nice to see all the different cultures working together.
Good
Assistant Food Service Manager Transfered To Sando (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 5, 2018
Good once you get used to working with inmates. Restrooms aren't in kitchen. Have to plan restroom breakes. Free meals. Long hours on concrete floors
Pros
Easy work... supervising inmates.
Cons
Long hours on feet. Concrete floors.
Stressful place to work, not worth it
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 5, 2018
Aramark at UNCW definitely has some work to do. The morale around the locations on campus is honestly horrible. The workers act like they hate their jobs and are most of the time unpleasant to work with. Management is a joke. The cattiness and pettiness around campus from people who are supposed to your higher ups is ridiculous. There's nobody to talk to on a personal and anonymous level if you're having issues, because everybody in buddy buddy and has their cliques. No room to grow and better yourself. Pay is decent, but not worth it due to the stress. Nobody is willing to help anybody out- every man for himself, basically. There are also mandatory breaks nobody will tell you about when hiring you- when students are off of campus and locations are closed(school breaks), you are off of work and not getting paid...same goes for weather situations, etc. hurricane and being out of work for a month and not getting paid. Poorly ran and managed.
Pros
Free meals on job, Decent pay
Cons
Manadatory Unpaid Breaks, Poorly Managed, Stressful, No Help, Cliques and Petty Higher Ups.
Most stressful job I ever had.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PANovember 5, 2018
Poor management, Brain dead employees, having to work around public school teachers made working extremely stressful and aggravating. Teachers could do no wrong, even if it was against the LAW.
Pros
Work at you're own pace most of the time.
Cons
If a teacher dosn't like you. You lose you're job.
Great environment overall to work at, Employees was fun an easy to work with.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2018
You got paid good. The customers we're really fun as well. Got tips at the end of the night an sometimes got to watch the game if our shifts ended early enough.
Pros
Tips, Got to occasionally watch games
Cons
Didn't get breaks
its ok
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 5, 2018
Its all about who you work with, Overall the company is not bad, but my upper management had a lot of problems with contracts and growing the business
It was a great place, but it was time to move-on
Catering (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 5, 2018
I enjoyed my employment with ARAMARK. However, it was time to move on to another opportunity. I would recommend this company to some who is willing to put in long hours and willing to work hard to see results.
sorter
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 5, 2018
I sorted dirty linens that came back from food places and hotels etc. It is a nasty job. I would've stuck it out Loved the hours I was told I was gonna work which was 5-1:30 but when I started working there they told me I had to work 5-5 but I couldn't do it cause I was working at another job prior to that so I couldn't so they told me to make a choice so I did. I had my other job for two years. So just continued my other job.
well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 4, 2018
i enjoyed the fact that the job was inside the hospital its a great opportunity to get to know alot of drs and nurses and ways to link yourself into the actual hospital .
N a
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 4, 2018
Floor technical buffering the floor , housekeeping , carpet, trash bathroom, cleaning office use machine buffet machine, scrub machine vacuum cleaner machine ect
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Unknown
Great if you want to settle.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARNovember 4, 2018
I felt there was no way to move forward with this business at this location. They are flexible with student hours and employee emergencies, but I feel you must be "okay" with what you do and have no desire to move on to better opportunities. Simple food management and catering is all it really boils down to.
Pretty straight forward and relaxed
Money Counter (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 4, 2018
Work is pretty relaxed hours are pretty much available on the individuals availability. The community pretty friendly and the invest fun projects on their employees
Fast paced
Picker (Current Employee) –  Salem, VaNovember 4, 2018
I have worked for Aramark Uniform Services in Salem, Va since April 2017. I like the job I do. I'm a picker. I do feel that I could be paid more than $10 an hour. The management is good. The benefits are good.
Aramark is a great company!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 4, 2018
Aramark is a great company, but higher ed in the DC area, management turnover is extremely high. The company need to look at the RDM's a little closer.
Pros
401K, free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K
44K
33.3K
21.2K
11K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aramark.

Powered by Comparably