Aramark Employee Reviews

Fast paced and diverse workplace which I enjoy dearly.
Concessions Cashier (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 11, 2018
A typical day would include cleaning, serving, counting inventory, placing orders to the warehouse, stocking shelves, and preparing money in the register. I learned how to feel out my customers, how to work in a fast paced environment over the many years I have been working. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with inebriated customers that I have to refuse from serving any more alcoholic beverages to. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with diverse people, seeing my regular customers, and working with people I truly enjoy being around.
Pros
Socializing with people
Cons
Lack of coverage
Not What I Thought
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLAugust 11, 2018
Very poor management. My workday started at 6:30 a.m. I learned quickly that the manager came from the prison system. The culture of Aramark is that managers make up their own policies and procedures. You don't work for Aramark, you work for the manager. The hardest part of the job was having to watch food never be on time for students. Always ran late because the "chef" did not come in until 10:00 a.m. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I gave notice and left.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Managers and so called paper "chefs".
ok company for partimers or first time lookers
Cash-room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 10, 2018
if you are looking for a part-time job or just looking for a first time job this is definitely the place. i don't recommend making a career here. there is a reason why they work in cafeterias and concession stands. do yourself a favor and go to college, study a useful major.
Pros
flexibility and discounts
Cons
low skill, low pay job
Hurricane Ridge is one of the best jobs I've had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAAugust 10, 2018
The people who visit the national parks are as interesting and wonderful as the view surrounding Hurricane Ridge. I have met guests from all over the globe and helped them find some of the most intriguing reference books and merchandise pertaining to the Olympic National Park and the Olympic Peninsula. Aramark hires workers from all over the US and International companies as well! It's a great way to experience the park, meet new and interesting people, and make connections in a healthy working environment. I have made lasting friendships from working with Aramark through Hurricane Ridge and I would (and have) highly recommend working for the national parks through Aramark and partner companies.
Pros
Free Lunches, Amazing Views, Lasting Friendships, Company shuttle/transportation, Employee housing during peak season
Cons
Long days (up to 10 or 11 Hours on busy days)
Very Competitive
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 10, 2018
On call all day everyday, but paid well. Lots of training opportunities. Hardest part is finding work/personal life balance. Would recommend for single person
It a good company to work for
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILAugust 10, 2018
I worked in the food service for the hospital. Do not work as a part time employee. Your days and hours will be inconsistent. I work only 10 to 15 hours a week.
Fun
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 9, 2018
Very nice career to start off at. You can get advanced quickly. I enjoyed working, the employees are great to work with. The manauis outstanding. They have there good days but most of all they are a great employment
Pros
Ok
Cons
Communication can be lacking at times
Overall fulfilling, many relationships
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 9, 2018
Started early and put in long days learning that employees work well for you when they know they are appreciated. Learned many things from managers over the years and became one of those types of managers passing along knowledge and experiences. Close group of coworkers. The change in personnel over the course of time was the most difficult part of my job. The relationships with clients and coworkers was the most rewarding.
Relaxed place to work and the culture there is pretty interesting
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 9, 2018
All my co-workers are from a different culture and it’s very fun to get to know them. Everyday going to work I be excited and also quick paced due to me cleaning up fast and early! The management there is okay! All managers give feedback to a problem or situation that’s wrong or etc.
Pros
Very quick paced
Cons
Short breaks
Overall Aramark was a fun and rewarding job. I loved it
Customer service clerk/ food server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2018
Be mindful of parents that have small children or children with medical issues. Communication goes a long way. If a person has experience the pay should be based on their experience. Everything else was fine.
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
It was a good place to work. The coworkers are very helpful and shared information to assist you with any problems. I very seldom had to go to my supervisor with questions.
Produtive
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tempe azAugust 9, 2018
It was a great opportunity to work there I got aot of hands on experience Great staff team oriented safety rules OSHOA training great hours Trained I all the areas room for advancement
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
Slow hours
over worked
Stand Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2018
Very fast paced environment. I love it because at time when the area slowed we can view to count all the games. I did not like to count inventory before and after games
Miss the job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2018
They have Good pay an willing to go back 9/19/18 but Have Hopes to move To a better job then for them again. Will to see if I can go back an hopeful too but still looking to move on.
Great place to work,Awful work environment(Prison)
Aramark Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, KSAugust 8, 2018
Most of the people at the company are great, and i joined the company because they want to work for a place that makes a difference. The benefits are okay, and the company supports the idea of work-life balance.Hours are worked in your favor to give you more days off. But management doesn't care about you and after 8-9 months you will be replaced.
Pros
Free food, Relaxed job
Cons
Around hundred of inmates, Terrible Correctional officers, No cell phones, no long term advancements
Productive and a great place to work
Chef Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 8, 2018
If you are just starting off going to work offshore this is a great place for you to work. Great place to learn different task and advance in another position really fast.
Relaxed
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 8, 2018
Aramark is a great company to work for. Busy during the winter months servicing the buildings and in the summer with the summer camps. Great place.
• Manage work orders in a busy Customer Server Center.
• Log, triage, and assign maintenance and repair calls to the appropriate trades’ team.
• Ensure work order are finalized and closed in a timely manner.
• Maintain event calendars for forty-seven schools to ensure proper custodial coverage.
• Create and run reports of after-hours school use for proper billing.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Advancement
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2018
It’s was a great work place and they gave overtime as well and they could be understanding as Well as fun and have good safety Procedures I recommend this place to work
Productive and great experience to work with
Inmate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 8, 2018
I love it great experience you learn something every day dealing with different inmates day to day. They have awesome benefits, fantastic security. Not to mention the food is delicious. I recommend people to work with Aramark.
Pros
Helpful co workers
Cons
Health care
Food Service Director
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 7, 2018
Client driven, customer based operation. Upper management has a YES culture event when running Aramark programs. Great employees, work is fun. Aramark use to allow creativity but not much anymore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K

2.3

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight