Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 11,166 reviews matching the search See all 13,196 reviews
Aramark is a great company!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 4, 2018
Aramark is a great company, but higher ed in the DC area, management turnover is extremely high. The company need to look at the RDM's a little closer.
Pros
401K, free lunch
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2018
Production was slow management was terrible coworkers where being lazy not doing there job which held me back for being able to complete my work section good money but the job it self I wouldn’t suggest to anyone
Pros
Space was good
Cons
A lot of complaints
No respect for the true worker
Current employee (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 4, 2018
If you take pride in your job, do your best, and care about what you do, then avoid this place at all costs. Current MGMT there is cut-throat, dirty, and has no respect for the true worker. They pull you from end to end in the kitchen, at all hours of the day ,then yell at you in front of others to try and embarrass you. There is no HR rep on site to discuss concerns with and if you ask how to contact HR you are NEVER given any info. Avoid this place at all costs as it will eat away at your sanity. Most of the employees come in either drunk or hung-over so badly they cannot function at their job.
Pros
just a paycheck
Amazing service
Food server worker (Current Employee) –  Newark DelawareNovember 3, 2018
Always go out their way to make all of our customers are satisfied and I love it I been here for three years couldn’t be ask for an better first job in food service.
Pros
Amazing food
Cons
Part time don’t get breaks
Inconsistant, rude, disrespectful. no integrity
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 3, 2018
Refuses to pay remaining two weeks vacation or reimburse for expenses out of my pocket to keep the plant running. Walked into the plant with no one with maintenance experience and management held back on applications though positions were funded. Forced to be the technician and manager. Equipment had been neglected from more than 10 years with minimum effort to keep it running. Posted my position on 11 June, but acted like that was not correct. Hired and trained my replacement at another facility while still denying it. Plant manager stated that I was a victim.
Years ago about 10 to 12 years ago Aramark was a wonderful place to work for. Now management sucks they don't care about the employee.
Cook/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 3, 2018
Me personally I've called corporate on my location about 3 or 4 times because of my hours, no raises, and managers telling other workers not management to call or text another employee about being off work the next day. Poor management skills on the manager's behalf.
Pros
You can sometimes meet some nice coworkers
Cons
Management sucks
Quick paced environment. Its a job. Helps to pay bills. Not much more.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSNovember 3, 2018
Under paid and under appreciated!!! I used to really enjoy my job, but have come to hate it. I only go in now, to see my customers, and to pay my bills. My heart is no longer in my work. Poor management!
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Interrupted break, management, poor pay, 401k doesn't company match, long hours, did i say poor pay.
its ok
Cleaner, Utility and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2018
First I was working smooth there and then later on it become disaster they get doing two jobs. they never paid only the union pay not the company the compliants about this company.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
I take 30 minute Break
ok company
Lead dietary supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 2, 2018
a decent company to work for it could be better if they had more disciplinary action and not be so soft towards people. the part i like the most is the patients that i serve.
Review
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 2, 2018
It’s a nice place to work. This is definitely entry level but gives the foundation on how to be a hard worker. Great benefits as well. Management is okay but could improve.
It was a stepping stone
Lunchroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2018
I was greatful for the job. It allowed me to provide for my family and gave me the minimum time required to be qualified in my field. Growth and Development
Pros
employment
Cons
under appreciated
addequate
Laundry Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 2, 2018
The work was OK for the pay received. The manager style and mine did not match. I have been managing personnel for 20 plus years he was still attempting to manage people all the same.
Overworked and underpaid
Assistant Manager Transportation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2018
Aramark work people into the ground with little or no appreciation. I worked some days almost 23 hours when other managers called off, but was never shown any appreciation; instead, I was given the worst shifts along with the worst team possible.
Pros
Close to home
Production
Diet clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2018
Other than cutting hours and not giving incentive bonuses anymore. I really loved the job. But you do cutbacks and make it hard to pay bills. Getting paid to do multiple jobs wasn't what I had in mind. I was hired as fiet vlerk. But I ended up doing trsyline, washing dishes and hosting whenever they were shorthanded.
Pros
Cons
No bonuses
Good People, Nice Location

4C.) Clean Floors

5.) Check In With Manager

6.) Get An Ok From Manager

7.) Punch Out
Pros
Free Food, Nice Staff
Cons
Unclear Orders, Under Staffed
Okay
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 1, 2018
It’s a gun place just been there too long.
Some department don’t really collaborate with you to try making the place fun and productive. I feel sometimes teamwork wasn’t really there all the time. Other than that all the years I’ve been there it’s been fun.
Pros
Some Good people
Cons
Poor management
Our work place was fun neat
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 1, 2018
Head chef there was a very fun place to work my employees whom work with me where great I couldn't have asked for a better group. we made our days fun. while I was there prepare different meals each day. breakfast lunch and dinner. My job was a good pace.
Pros
Half an hour lunch
Cons
Half an hour for breakfast
Aramark is a well known food service company that I spent 10 years working there
Suites Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 1, 2018
It gave me great pleasure is being a part of a team that focused on the customer needs and benefits. I enjoyed the role of problem solver and my results gave me great joy. The hardest part of my job was customer complaints as a result of not being properly served. The best part of my job was getting recognized for a job well done.
Pros
great environment to work in
Cons
salary
Lovely place to work
Prep Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 1, 2018
The staff was very helpful and let your creative nature take place. You were treated as family from employees to clients. It was a true experience to be employed with such an awesome staff
Was a great place to work my senior year of college
COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 1, 2018
Helped me get through college and was a nice setting to work in, yes there were some people on the job that were immature for their age but everything is not perfect.
Pros
interacting with students and such
Cons
rude students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight