Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 11,147 reviews matching the search See all 13,175 reviews
Truly enjoyed the learning experience and opportunity.
FOOD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
I completed the initial 90 day in2kitchen basics course while a resident at the fulton county jail in atlanta and then graduated top of my culinary arts program tha collaborated with aramark food service. Having the opportunity to learn the industry standards through aramark in a hands on environment was one of my most rewarding learning experiences I have had the pleasure to enroll in.
not enough staff at the site I was at
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 29, 2018
Cone in cook breakfast set up line serve breakfast get lunch going and clean and get line ready for lunch check stock to place order for week serve lunch and break down clean to get ready to end day
Pros
team I did have worked hard and together
Cons
no enough help
Site provides a lot of learning opportunities
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 29, 2018
Great place for learning experience. A lot of resources to enhance skills. Great benefits and conducive work environment. A lot of red tapes impedes you from actually getting your job done.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
A whole lot of red tapes
Good work place
Cleanteam Worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 29, 2018
I Was A Cleanteam Worker For Gator Dining It Was The Best Place For A Good Job To Do And They Always Happy With Laughter..The Chef's That Work There Was Awesome People To Clean For...
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 28, 2018
sometimes management makes it stressful. the employees make it enjoyable. stay at a steady pace to make your rate of work for the day. if the product is available
Pros
hours are good
Cons
poor management
Nice company to work for.
Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee) –  New Deal, TXOctober 28, 2018
I would work for Aramark again if I were given a higher position with better pay and benefits. I liked that when school was out for the summer I was also able to stay home with my school aged children and pull unemployment until school went back into session for the fall.
Dead End Job
Dietary & Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 27, 2018
Employees receive no recognition or credit for the work they do. No paid sick days. Benefits are poor. Managers are biased, rude and unprofessional. No opportunities for advancement. Biased and unfair to senior employees and employees with health restrictions.
Horrible company
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYOctober 27, 2018
I hate working for this company. I was forced to take a position with them as they were the company that took over Broome Counties Contract with the jail and willow point nursing home.
Not true to fact
Correctional Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 27, 2018
I worked here and liked what I did but its surprising how we all dont fell the same about we work and who is hired and how your actions can hurt a family with one bread winner trying to make ends meet,I guess if its not your life it does not matter.
Pros
Like to help people
Cons
Lack of training
face pace environment, networking and helping others. Some days are fun and great place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 27, 2018
Management is not always fair with employees. No open communication for employees that is heard by upper management. No room for advancement. Not giving an opportunity to advance your skills.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
over worked, under paid
Aramark
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 26, 2018
I worked for then at the University of Toledo in a convenience store type setting. The manager wasn't the best and there was a lot of communication issues between managers which made it hard.
Pros
Free lunches/dinner
Not Much To Say
General Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 26, 2018
Nothing really negative to say about Aramark. The management is responsive and helpful, but the workplace does not provide personal growth or advancement.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Lack of Promotions
Free lunch
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 25, 2018
Fast paced and the time went fast. also liked the people I work with. Did not have travel far to get to work. I also liked shift I was working. Also I like to clean.
Pros
Like the job and hours i was working
Cons
Forced overtime
Cool job but stressful
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 25, 2018
A typical day at work could be good or bad, due to being understaffed or at least where I worked at for Aramark. Management is horrible! When it comes to management its not really a teamwork thing, they do what they have to do to keep their buts from being in hot water. So if that takes working you to death in order to keep themselves out of hot water they'll do it. The workplace culture was cool, I worked on UF campus so I met a lot of different personalities and enjoyed being around the gator environment. The hardest part of the job is having to work two different food stations without any help! This happens almost majority of the workdays.
much room for advancement
Deli-Lead (Former Employee) –  paoli paOctober 25, 2018
the food service at this company is fast paced
which is good for me I like to keep busy and there is never a reason for you not to busy.
management was always willing to assist you when needed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
distance
fast paced, fun atmosphere
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2018
-Receive delivery trucks, and put product away in designated areas. receive invoices into database system. help warehouse manager complete transfers and work with crew to make sure correct product goes to correct location.

i learned a lot about logistics and distribution on the buyers side of things. built relationships with vendors and sales reps.
Pros
lunch and parking provided
Cons
seasonal job, if youre looking for full time hours need to go to different venues
ok
Commissary Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 25, 2018
it was ok...it was a typical day at work ....fast pace ..
I learned a lot working for Aramark.
The food industry is different then what I thought ..far as working in the jail system.
healthcare support service
RETAIL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 25, 2018
very stressful environment working with multiple decision makers, lack of staffing, and equipment updates .

lack of continuity between facility, district manager and regional manager. The hospital system had to various contractors, bid was not awarded to this particular contract management company.
Lots of opportunities
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2018
The company has many opportunities to provide value. It is a very fast paced environment, with an HR focus. The stress of performance has increased each year since they went public. If you do the right things for the client you are usually good. Overall, my time was enjoyable and I built life time friendships.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Work life balance
Aramark
Shift Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxonhill, MDOctober 25, 2018
It depend on the environment that you are in. You can make it a great place to work as long as you do what is required of you. If you are the rebellious type then you are wasting your time. There is room to grow but you have to have the discipline.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K
44K
33.2K
21.2K
11K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aramark.

Powered by Comparably