Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 11,451 reviews matching the search See all 13,525 reviews
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Food Service Worker/Cashier/Barista (Current Employee) –  San Simeon, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Being located at the Heart Castle in San Simeon California this is a busy location. Visitors from all over the world visit this location. So working with all different cultures is a plast
Pros
Free lunches
Workplace culture
District Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 17, 2019
Workplace culture is extremely negative, political, and hostile.

The ethical values within, the uniform division of Aramark, are extremely disconnected from their mission and 2015, rating of being the most ethical company in the world

They do not value employees.

Some of the practices involve compromising your personal ethics for the better of the bottom line.
Stressful
Sales (Current Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCJanuary 17, 2019
Managers do not have their stuff together at my location. Every manager will tell you to do something different. They add supervisors who are mean or not good at what they should be good at.
AE Role
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Castroville, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Great company for entry level sales reps. They have a strong culture and a sink or swim mentality, but they give you a strong foundation.

Additional benefits are volunteer opportunities, upward mobility, and company car.
The desktop support was outsourced
Customer Support Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2019
Aramark provided me with the tools to get a better job. Very technical oriented. They encouraged critical thinking. We worked hard and play hard. We had a lot a meetings and training of course.
Wonderful Job But...
Human Resources Associate, Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2019
GBS Nashville is a beautiful property, people are very nice. Couldn’t ask for a better HR Manager of Tier 1. We all work 8:30-5pm, no flexibility to change. The pay is nonnegotiable, regardless to your experience or education. Some of us are higher educated, some of us have lots of experience in HR... and some of us worked at Walmart, a call center, etc and know nothing about HR but we all make the same. Training is hands on and meetings to cover policy. You have to balance the phone, emails and a case load daily.... it’s a lot but you can manage. This is a call center setting... lots of calls. If you don’t like the phone, don’t apply. Great benefits, but wont pay for HR certification or classes towards it. Will pay for Undergrad and Grsduate degree, no PHD or Executive MBA.
Pros
Hot Food Available for Purchase, Great Benefits, Caring/Engaged Management, Fast Pased but Manaegeable
Cons
Pay is Below Nation Average, Glued to the phone at time, no flexibility in schedules.
Poor Leadership and cutting corners puts patients and clients at risk
MEDICAL DEVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 16, 2019
I cannot speak to other accounts managed by Aramark but at mine, located in central KS, leadership was non-existent and politics trumped patient and staff safety. Having come from a management background I took a position as technician and device specialist so that I could be near to and devote more time to family. My senior technician and manager were both threatened by me and my experience, acting as though I intended to either take their jobs or assist my previous employer in usurping the account. Neither was true, but why hire me if that was the case?

While working for Aramark I was routinely placed in a position where I did not have the support, resources, or training to safely and effectively service the customers equipment and was witness to multiple instances where the customer was lied to or cheated out of services or repairs that they were entitled to. I was routinely ordered to complete services that I had no training or expertise for and without proper service documentation or test equipment. Essentially, I was being ordered to sign off on services that were not properly performed. When I refused and began to call in outside service that could properly complete services I was retaliated against but not through official channels as that would highlight the failures of the program. I was vilified to the customers at official meetings and my time card was regularly modified by my manager to cheat me out of time I had worked while making it appear that I was constantly working fewer than 40 hours a week. I finally had enough when my department director,
  more... an Aramark manager, began to use me as a scapegoat for his own failure to meet the contractual obligations or meet the requirements of the medical equipment management plan.

When I went to the Imaging and general medical device regional managers at Aramark I received no response or feedback. It seemed as though the issues were systemic in nature and as a result I had to discontinue my association with this organization.

This is the first time in a 20+ year industry work history that I have had any issues of this nature with any of the organizations that I have worked with. I would strongly advise against working for this organization if you value your reputation.
Pros
Cons
a complete lack of integrity and leadership
Overall Good
Route Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJanuary 16, 2019
Overall a good company . They do take care of their people. Seniority does rule at this job . I do like working here and really hope to advance my career
Great Opportunity to work a great company
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I love where I work I enjoy the work and enjoy the day with my co workers enjoy cooking and customer service very detailed the care about you good Benicia I work Monday through Friday ocassionally over timegood work schedule
Pros
Great Job
Cons
N/a
Productive fun and good
Dockhand (Former Employee) –  Page, AZJanuary 16, 2019
It's good to work here for a first time job. I will work there again soon, its good pay for first timers. I loved the scenery and other people from around the world.
It was an ok place to work.
Lead ironer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Not a career job but can be there for many years. Work is fast past and can be very difficult at times. Not enough money to servive on. Manager's are reliable
Me encanta su ambiente de trabajo
Uniformes (Former Employee) –  ProduccionJanuary 16, 2019
Existe de parte de los supervisores un poco de preferencia con ciertos empleados . Aveces se dejan llevar por chismes . Hay personas encargadas de líneas que no saben calificar o marcar la producción. De los empleados .
Pros
Empresa muy valiosa
Cons
Ninguna
A side job that provides extra funds
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
My typical work day consisted of helping my intended supervisor open my assigned location., which consisted of arranging merchandise, wiping down dusty areas, and light sweeping. I learned that retail is more than just selling merchandise, it is the combination of doing inventory as well. Management is friendly until events actually starts, where they seem to be effected by disgruntled customers. Workplace culture is a very good. The hardest part of the job is actually satisfying customers. The most enjoyable part of job to me is feeling the mood swings of the crowd.
Fun
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2019
It was good u had to keep up with the meals that needed to be prepared daily but u always got plenty of breaks and they feed you good and they kept it clean
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Fast paced
Not the best, not the worst but a decent job to pay bills
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Great overall experience! This job taught me a lot and allowed me to grow within the company. Pay was mediocre and nothing to brag about but kept the lights on.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Poor wages, with great staffing and availability
A pleasant working environment.
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant Beach, NJJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed my work at Aramark, the environment was pleasant and fair.
Great work place
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Really enjoyed my time their the enivormen waa freat and working as a team. Worked in a quick pace and exciting. Its a great place to work and recommend
Opportunity to make changes to the existing system implemented when I started, to new systems that provided radical changes in the program and the bot
General Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 15, 2019
Strong management skills delivers quality results for our customers, thru the clients employees...from the management team down to the everyday worker.
Rewards were generated by implementing efficient systems and time-management to improve food quality and increased $$'s to the bottom line.
Worked w/ the School District to increase meals served, by: Breakfast delivered to the classroom in all 21 elementary schools, expanded menu options in the Middle and High School buildings. Improved 'Bottom-Line' from a negative $300,000/year, to, a $400,000 profit, to be used at the School Boards discretion.
Pros
Freedom to develop and implement new processes and procedures.
Depends on where you work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 15, 2019
I worked in a hospital kitchen for Aramark and it was awesome. The work was super easy so I didn't expect the pay to be super high. It mostly consisted of prepping for the day at the beginning of our shift and then once lunch started we would just plate the already cooked food for the patients and the hostesses would take the trays up to the rooms. The hospital had lots of events and it was really fun working there and meeting all those people.
Pros
Easy and fun work, days aren't long and hard, mangers were cool
Cons
Pay could've been better, pep sheets were sometimes confusing to read
Sorry
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 15, 2019
Aramark is the worst place that I have ever work at. The management was horrible and so was the pay.I would not recomment nobody to go there to work.You can not get pay stub from them unless u go on the computer.They don't allow u any break"s at all. That"s not a good place to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K
44.1K
33.3K
21.2K
11.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aramark.

Powered by Comparably