Aramco Services Company Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
N/a
Help Desk/ Desktop Support Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2018
There is no accurate way to assess what this company has to offer without being an in-house employee. But as a contractor, they observe plenty of holidays, and they get every other Friday off, as well as happy hour. I sure wish management would enforce accountability fairly across all departments instead of playing the blame game.
Pros
Happy hour, alternating fridays off
Cons
Management style, tight security can throttle productivity.
Excellent benefits and opportunity of growth.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Saudi arabiaApril 25, 2018
One of the best companies in the middle east, fair paid, paid trips to visit family of necessary, transportation and housing provided.
Working hours according to different kind of lifestyles.
Organized and respectful environment.
Relaxed environs with highly intelligent staff
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2018
Most employees work at Aramco Services Company (ASC) for its combination of maximum job security, benefits and compensation with a relaxed, slow-paced, non-competitive work environment. ASC is not a place to go to advance your career (unless you're a Saudi national), so most folks end up there in the latter years of their career after they've already cut their teeth at more competitive firms in their early years.
Excellent company to work for
Industrial Relations Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2018
The best job ever! But in the end, due to impromptu Management changes, I received a lay-off package, which was very untimely for me.
I was extremely good at my job - thoroughly enjoyed all of its challenges, its ups and downs.

Typical day at work - Domestic/International/Short-term Contract remittances; Executive Travel Expense Report reimbursements; U.S. Company remittance processing, i.e. Chevron, Mobil, Texaco, Socal; later transferred under new/other management to process the education and living expenses of International Students that participated in the Company's educational training program; Traveled to out-of-state Universities to monitor the educational progress of the students.

The workplace culture - challenging; accommodating

The hardest part of the job - leaving

The most enjoyable part of the job - completing the company accruals at year-end; always a 2-week vacation afterwards during Christmas

Note: Worked contract three (3) years prior to hiring on permanently in 1982 - Contiguous employment
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Company politics
Productive and fun workplace
Summer Intern in Treasurer's Division (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2018
every one there is intelligent, care about each other, and embrace the culture. The upper management was extremely inclusive, and they made an effort to take care of their employees
Pros
9/80 work weeks
Cons
n/a
Great Place to work and lots of time at home
CAPTAIN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoy working for the company. a typical day at work starts with a crew car pickup, fly a 45-minute leg, set the hotel for 5-8 hours then fly home. Managment is very accommodating and have an open door policy. Workplace culture is can be challenging with people from different backgrounds and cultures. Treat people with courtesy, politeness, and kindness and they will do the same.
Aramco Services
Saudi Supplier Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2018
I worked in the special services group the purpose was to work with exporters that shipped materials and equipment to Saudi Suppliers.
I learned the process of what could be shipped to Saudi Arabia and what could not. Management was good and cooperative and demanded 100 % The work place culture was nose to grindstone and get the work that needed to get finished done.
The hardest part of the job was the office politics.
The enjoyable part of the job is if you worked overtime they made sure that you were given compensated and provided food for those who worked overtime. Also when they laid you off you were compensated for the time you had worked for them.
Pros
You worked on various Saudi Projects
Cons
I was part of the reduction in work force
Good work / life balance without much overtime necessary
Accounting Staff Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Great place to work.
Not much room for advancement which you know and are informed of before being hired.
Generous time off as there is a 9/80 work schedule.
The culture is a bit different from working anywhere else.
Pros
Free parking downtown Houston
Cons
Limited room for advancement
It's a place to work
Wellness Coordinator / Fitness Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Upper management changes every 3 years so work making it difficult to maintain consistency. Aramco Services Company does have great benefits for employees and pay is on par with the industry.
great place
Industrial Relocation Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2017
my coworkers were great. and the 9/80 work week was beneficial. if you are not good at multitasking and doing other peoples jobs as well as yours this is not the place for you.
Nice place to work with good benefits.
Consultant to ASC (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2017
ASC is a good place to work. The environment is friendly and I would recommend my friends to work for this company.It is a great company to work for those who are interested in the oil and gas business. Since this company is internationally with their field operations in the largest oil and gas field (Saudi Arabia), it is an excellent opportunity to get an international flavor and experience.
Experienced engineers who lended their expertise to help interns
Upstream Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2017
Wonderful place to work, and I reccommend Aramco to anyone looking for an internship who wants to learn from engineers with experience from many profound companies.
Flexible hours and good benefits.
Petroleum engineering specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2017
Flexible hours and good benefits. In-house clinic and workout facility very reasonably priced. There is a very nice cafeteria available in the first floor and assigned parking for my level. Free to come in and leave when I feel it's necessary, and available to go visit Lynn doors and other people on my own time.
Pros
Pay, benefits, flexibility
Cons
Culture, time difference to SaudiAramco
great place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
great place to work with friendly faces and it seems like everyone their that I came in contact with wanted to see me succeed. worked with me on my resume and made sure I did things that would look good for me in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramco Services Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Aramco Services Company Reviews by Location