Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced, high level of stress, but meaningful work.
Program Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 23, 2018
Arapahoe County is a very fast paced, high level of stress work environment. Which is to be expected considering the type of work ensuring clients are given timely and accurate Public Assistance in accordance to Federal Regulations.
The work is meaningful and fulfilling; however, the work life balance, minimal pay, lack of opportunity for growth/development, as well as leadership development are a constant work in progress.
Pros
Serving the community and ensuring timely and accurate benefits
Cons
No opportunities for growth or development beyond Supervisor level
College Grad
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 20, 2018
Alright place to work for someone starting out. It lacks culture and the pay isn't the greatest butt most Human Services jobs do not pay well. Again would recommend this job to someone who recently graduated or reentered the workforce.
ok
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 12, 2018
ok good benefits some nice employees the upper management needs to listen to the lower paid staff for input on work and procedures instead of implementing things without knowing first how it will impact the sections.
Best Job ever
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 28, 2018
Verity of work and people to work with . Respect and training lots of learning opportunity. good pay and communication. Working with other law enforcement areas.
Pros
Cons
To many bosses
Fun to work at
Sr. Clerk (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 28, 2018
Great times communication excellent. Worked with employees and trained. Opportunity to grow and change jobs. Low on hand management. Hours and raises .
Pros
Culter
Detentions
Detention Deputy (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. I worked 12 hours shifts most of my time with the department. The work was enjoyable, the people you worked with made the difference.
Horrible place to work.
Driver License Lead (Former Employee) –  LittlletonNovember 19, 2017
Horrible place to work. You are treated like you are in the 1st grade. Always someone looking over your shoulder. You basically had to announce when you were going to the restroom.
Good pay for the work
Detentions Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 7, 2017
Aside from the management, it is a good place to work. I wish the health insurance wasn't Kaiser, but we still have health insurance so that is a bonus I guess
Not a bad internship!
Records Information Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 24, 2017
The job itself was easy and paid correctly. I was happy with this job even though it was only a project/internship and only last a few months. It was appropriate for the time in my life.
Good place to work.
Election Judge (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 7, 2017
Good temporary position for anyone wanting to take part in our country's democratic election. Also an educational way to learn about our government workings.
Pros
Good work environment.
fast paced
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 24, 2017
shift work, always something new, busy and productive oriented, customer service oriented, hardest part is having to work holidays and weekends. high stress
Good Place to work, lots of turn around
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 28, 2017
Learned lots of skills, had extensive training which still helps me to this day. Cons/ was forced to work overtime on the weekends which cut into family life. Made life long friends at this county.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Work/Life balance
pay and salary are competitive
Detention Deputy (Current Employee) –  Arapahoe County, CODecember 2, 2016
They salary and benefits are okay, however low moral exits in the jail and it is a difficult environment to show up to work to everyday.
Excellent voter service and staff cooperation
Ballot election judge (Former Employee) –  Cherry Creek Instructional Services CenterNovember 23, 2016
This was a temporary position to help with the 2016 elections in Arapahoe county. I received adequate training and assistance learning my responsibilities and company web based system.
Co workers were amazing: courteous to myself and community members requiring voting assistance. The hardest part of the job was reconciling the final days ballots and signatures and taking down all equipment. I found the position quite an enjoyable civic opportunity.
Pros
Excellent training, excellent ballot security
Cons
Needed more supplies and voting machines (IPADS)
Great Company to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 15, 2016
Dependable work hours and great pay! Most of the management is great and easy to work with. Depending on the department you are in, it will be easy for you to advance, and they actually encourage it. Other departments frown upon advancement.
Pros
Stable employment, good pay
Cons
Some areas frown upon advancement!
Most awesome job ever
LPN (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 1, 2016
If not for need of hours conducive for finishing degree would have never left. Was the most awesome job I ever had! Great teamwork, caring and professional leadership!
Pros
Awesome environment and coworkers
Cons
Monthly pay check
Temporary Election Judge
Election Judge (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2016
Very informative and rewarding job even though it was for a short time. The manager of our precinct bought into the politics of the job and was not responsive to contractors needs.
Pros
Able to contribute to civic duty
Cons
Supervisors did not allow breaks.
Unfortunately the culture is retaliatory and unprofessional
Finance Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 23, 2016
There are a lot of good people there. Unfortunately, the culture from upper management is unprofessional and retaliatory.
Very hectic, loud and busy workplace
IST Technician (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 29, 2016
Working a 12 hour day can be long, however, the 4 days off help.
The environment is extremely loud with constant interruptions. Due to this being a 24/7 facility the work is never done and that can offer frustration at times as you never feel like anything is ever completed.
Pros
3 days on with 4 off
Cons
Pay
Excellent law enforcement agency with a great reputation.
Non-Certified Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CO 80112March 29, 2016
I worked for the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office for two years, both as a civilian and a commissioned officer. Though my time with the agency was brief, I find that most all employees carry themselves with respect and commitment to the work of the industry.
Pros
Career Advancement, Respected Agency
Cons
Aloof Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office. Our community is ready to answer.

Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office Reviews by Location