Arby's Employee Reviews

Found 8,249 reviews matching the search See all 8,443 reviews
Great Work Environment
Arby's Cashier (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 28, 2018
Arbys is a wonderful work environment for employees first job or even looking for a family like work environment. In my two and a half years I have worked with very nice managers and staff. The hardest thing to do is get a higher position at Arby’s, the older workers definitely make it harder for the younger workers to get any promotion. However, if you enjoy being a crew member you will thrive in the different station training and food experience.
Pros
Nice Staff, Management gets Vacation days
Cons
Short Breaks under 30 minutes are still unpaid, No better work opportunity within company, Unpaid Maternity Leave
Fun workplace fast paced
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 10, 2019
As a current employee I gave this employer a 4 out if 5 star rating because some management shows extreme favortisism. There are no lunch breaks unless you have a split shift. And unless u smoke it's almost impossible to get a breather. I was tossed into many positions without proper training. However the GM will make sure you get to work one way or another. They do their best to give you a schedule that works.
Pros
50% off an employee meal weather your working or not
Cons
Favoritism, Poor training
So-so
All positions except for GM, DM, & CEO (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IADecember 31, 2018
It seems I'm one of the 2 or 3 adults that bust my rear end & dont get thanked even though I work some hellacious hours. The high school kids even work harder then most the adults. It's sometimes quite sad. And alot of the customers are very rude when unnecessary. And a few of the staff need to do less complaining about others "not doing their jobs" & look in the mirror instead of being too busy texting on their phones & not doing their jobs themselves. Otherwise, I absolutely enjoy this job & the people.
Pros
Free lunches, mostly good staff, get a break here & there when we aren't busy & I'm needing it, & all the hours i can work
Cons
Pay doesn't help with cost of living, stressful, long hours with too short of breaks
Really laidback
Employee (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJanuary 3, 2019
The management was not terrible. Some of the managers have really terrible attitude and some of them don't respect others because they're "superior". One manager was really great and super sweet. The job on a typical day, was incredibly laid back. The managers are younger, so they have a bit of a side to them where sometimes they just don't want to do anything. Other times they're very strict and demanding but, some of them still know how to be nice about things.
Pros
Discounts, Funny coworkers
Cons
Short shifts, Barely any hours, Get guilt tripped if you need to call off for a family emergency.
Fun crew but hard work
Cashier, Drive Thru, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  13610 W Maple Rd, Omaha, NE 68164January 16, 2019
No matter what day you work, you come in and a crew of nice people motivate you to work hard for today. The crew members were always fun to talk to and work with. Your manager, especially, is always in a positive manner and gives you an assign position to work in. Even though working with a fun crew is always good, work can be stressful and hard at times. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the customers, especially, the ones who have a bad day and end up putting their anger out on us, employees. Again, it can be hard, but you really had to motivate yourself to make it through the day.
Pros
great team crew, manager
Cons
customers and work
Make sure the manager is good.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAJanuary 14, 2019
When I first started working at Arby's it was an ok job. My manager was kind of a jerk, but that's just how it is sometimes. I quickly found that the advancement opportunities I'd been promised would not come to be. The staff goofed off a ton, and poor behavior was only punished if you weren't a favorite. I believe a large part of this to be the managers doing, but it didn't improve very much when the new one showed up. So after 3 long years of loyalty, I quit.
Pros
Half priced meals
Cons
Everything else.
Some times productive, busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winchester, KYJanuary 15, 2019
If I had gotten more hours and more pay I would like it better. I make 7.50 an hour and recently in one week I got 11 hours when I can get up to 30. My enitre time working there I have only gotten one hour overtime. Many other people have gotten 15 or more in just two weeks. I also don't get a raise until I'm 18 because I can't work the slicer and I cannot stay after 10:30 yet I still get all of my things done before that time.
Pros
Some time a bit of free food if you don't have the money
Cons
Rudely treated, not many hours, not much pay, don't get a raise until 18 years of age
A fun working enviroment that was producive.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, MNJanuary 19, 2019
Usual shift is four to six hours some times longer. I learned what it working with a team in a job setting versus a sport team. The work place culture is fun and enjoyable while being serious and productive. Learned about customer service and to deliver products that is high quality with quick pace. Most of management were fun but did their job well. Some manager set bad examples or didn't do their own work. Most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and my co-workers.
Pros
Free drinks, Half off on food
Cons
Long hours of standing
very productive and fast pace work enviroment
Arby's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNDecember 20, 2018
I love love love this company! Great equal opportunity advancement.They encourage you to make goals and meet them. If offered a management job I would take it.Every month they have different trainings for new sandwiches or procedures to maintain safe and sanitary work place! Nothing hard bout this job its fun friendly and competitive with quarterly achievements.I enjoyed everything bout this job!
Pros
discounts and raises
Cons
i have none
It was an environment I enjoyed. There were a lot of helpful and kind people always had a good time, but was always focused on the betterment of Arbys
Arby's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PADecember 20, 2018
It's kind of a fast job I mean it is fast food. It's all about quickness and perfection. The only thing I didn't like about the job was tearing the boxes apart and taking them to the dumpster. The things I did like we're when everyone would be working hard when it gets real busy and we clear and fulfill everyone's needs in a quick and efficient manner.
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Eufaula, ALDecember 15, 2018
A typical day at Arby's is sometimes fun but it can also be stressful.When I entered into Arby's I knew nothing of the business, now I can do almost everything. The culture at Arby's is very diverse and it allows all the employees to learn different things from one another.The hardest part of Arby's is the slow periods. The thing I like most about this job is that I can attend my classes and still work full time.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
team leaders aren't allowed overtime and wages aren't very competitive
Just awful
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 9, 2019
This job sucked the life out of me. I came here looking for some change from the job I had had for 2 years and I came to the most boring place I could have ever worked at. It is always slow here because the food is disgusting. They will not up my hours, no matter how many times I tell them I am struggling and barely scraping by with the 10 hours they're giving me a week. Shifts are short and not worth the time. Worst job experience I've had.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Everything else
Productive and Fast environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 15, 2019
Being an opening manager, I have very early days and long shifts. Our lunch rushes can be hectic but the team is very good at their jobs! Managers get free food, and team gets discounts. The culture is inviting and happy. The hardest part of the job is having to get up to be at work at 5AM; the most enjoyable is being done with the shift at 1 or 2 in the afternoon.
Pros
free food, insurance
Cons
management hardly gets breaks, long days, early hours
Management is at the level of ridiculing its crew members.
Back line- Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NEJanuary 19, 2019
The general manager has no work etiquette as far as respect for her employees there is a mentally handicapped Male that works for arby's in Lexington, Nebraska and all they do over the headsets are poke and make fun of him because of his handicap not to mention their constant putdowns to not just him but the crew in total.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Horrible work environment during the day shift.
Beginning was good
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Royse City, TXDecember 28, 2018
When I first starts for the first 6 months I enjoyed going to work, then an person was hired and didn't work. I felt I was doing a two person job and getting One person pay. My thing is if you're going to work on my shift - I want you to work if you stay busy and keep your assigned station stocked and cleaned your time will go by and when the next crew member and/or shift manager they will ready to go. I was not happy at my job and I take pride in what I do.
It was always tedious showing up and being with the boring environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 30, 2018
The co-workers weren't so bad, they were actually pretty nice. The customers were unbearable to deal with because if their bad attitudes and the fact that they take full advantage of "the customer is always right" motto. The workplace itself was nothing special, it was just not a very fun job overall.
Pros
Okay coworkers, discounts.
Cons
Pay rate too low for the amount of hours given. Bad management.
It was a awful place to work
Arby's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2019
The manager was rude to everyone and wouldnt let them breath he expected everyone to do all these missions in less then an hour when that can’t be done and always threaten to fire us and discriminate us He was always criticizing And when it came down that you had to take ur child to the hospital for an emergency he wouldn’t let anyone go do what they needed to
Pros
No discounts at all
Cons
The breaks was 15 mins that’s it n it was one break
Great Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 7, 2018
My time as a Manager at Arby's has helped me define my role in a managerial position. The fast paced environment and the culture of the staff makes it a really defining Job, and much more than you would expect from a fast food restaurant. There are a lot of safety, food safety, and human safety procedures that are followed. The environment with employees make it comparable to great customer service restaurants around the world, a top notch job.
Pros
Free Lunches, Fun Work Enviroment, Good People
Cons
Short Breaks (especially for management), Low Pay
This job was stressful at times when it got busy but it was always a fun working environment
Cash Register, window (Former Employee) –  Delta, CODecember 18, 2018
A typical day at work would be making sure the facility was spotless. And taking customers orders and getting them out as quick as possible. I would say that this taught me how to work at a fast pace while still being able to do good. The management was very good they were easy to get along with and give time off if something came up. The management also made sure that the work environment was always cheerful and upbeat. The hardest part of the job was when a wave of people would come in and it would get very hectic. And the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with my coworkers as a team to get stuff done quicker and easier.
Pros
Small discounts
Cons
Breaks
Under different district managers it would've been great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCJanuary 3, 2019
Unfortunately I had to leave my position at arby's due to my DM not providing the abilities to succeed in the work place. As well as her crooked management she did. She was a very fake person and little knowledge of programs used to run the store. If issues arose it was always at the fault of the stores management team rather than her's even when following her instructions on stuff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.5K
32.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Arby's.

Powered by Comparably