Play YouTube video button

ARC Human Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
ARC Human Services selected this as a representative review
Amazing Place to work
Arc is an amazing place to work. They are rewarding and supportive in every aspect of your career. They are so supportive and excepting to all kinds of diverse people who work for ARC. LGBTQ friendly and supportive to everyone.
February 20, 2020
We are glad to hear your love your work – we love it too! Supporting and caring for the individuals we serve is not only our mission – it's our passion!
They use to be a great company but times have changed.
They were amazing the 1st year i worked there. They now have no loyalty and they overwork and do not appreciate the workers. They also went down hill on making sure all the clients needs were met. They also cap you at 16$ and no more raises. I really do not recommend working there.
Great place to work for
I love it here. The people are awesome! Everyone is very helpful. You always have someone helping you if you need it. Everyone has a very positive attitude. The training is great too
same thing day after day
dog eat dog. Never anyone new allowed into the mix. Old ideas. Old people. Old leadership. Interviews are a joke. Never hire from within when moving forward. Do not look at individual strengths and weaknesses.
Do not do it!!!
Management is awful, they don’t care about their employees at all. The residents are allowed to do whatever they please with little to no repercussions; allowed to treat staff as badly as they please. Extremely short staffed due to those reasons and others .
February 20, 2020
At Arc Human Services we are committed to providing quality services that provide for the safety and well being of the individuals we serve as well as the communities in which they live.
We hold each of our staff to high standards of work performance and professional conduct.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Mental Health
Making sure that the individuals goals were set and meet
As far as hygiene

Everyday living skills

Taking to and from appointments

Assessments

Give individuals their medications

assist in working or anything duties that individual had to do
Don’t do it!
Horrible company to work for. The Dubois area is awful. Management is so bad it’s not even funny. Even if your desperate I’m telling you it’s not worth it. The stress the back stabbing from management.
January 7, 2020
Recognizing and respecting our employees are one of our core values. We encourage all employees to speak up and speak out when they encounter problems.
Run run run away
House coordinator will lie about you and other team members talk about each other and
staff and management

They will believe the house coordinator even though he lied and you will get terminated for something you did not do

Terrible company to work for

Please find another job terrible work place
January 7, 2020
Seeking out the support of management and communicating issues is something we want all employees to feel comfortable with. We will use the information you shared to continue to improve our staff experience.
Very fast pace and high expectations on productivity.
Very caring and understanding supervisors. Great co-workers!
Computer skills essential and a willingness to learn new applications and policies are a must.
Would not work for again
Got hurt due to a client and they wanted me to come in and work. When I knew I wasn't better, they made you feel like you were forced to work. They didn't care. The house supervisor would give things to other people, who havent been there as long. Example, the use of a gas card, it went to the person who started after me, instead of me.
December 4, 2019
Thank your for sharing your experience with us. We are always looking to improve and we use feedback as a learning tool.
The management at this company is absolutely terrible. They claim to have your back but only watch out for themselves Would only recommend if desperate
November 20, 2019
We encourage our staff to always use their chain of communication and actively participate in problem solving with their team.
It’s an alright job
I like the job it’s a little mentally tiring working with special needs clients. The clients are awesome but some days are better than others. Pay is good
November 13, 2019
We value all of our employees and the hard work that they do. Thank you for the care and support you provide – we are glad to have you!
Fun workplace
House supervisor will not work for you, when you call off and have an excuse they still write you up. Schedules are never the same or hours worked in a day. Staff are great but higher up think they can talk to you any type of way, very unprofessional and they lie to cover there buts so go to HR for anything. Fun work place , you can take them on outings and do things instead of staying in the house.
Pros
Staff work well together, they always need new staff, everyone gets hired
Cons
The high up think they can talk to you any type of way. Lack of communication, lack of leadership.
November 13, 2019
One of our quality goals is to increase the training and support of our managers through leadership training, improved processes and encouraging employees to seek assistance with issues as they arise. Thank you for your feedback.
Unprofessional on-site management and staff
I enjoy direct care work so the job in itself was enjoyable for me. Management at their main office located in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania was phenomenal. Management at individual group homes was lacking professionalism. The clients in the home I worked at seemed generally stressed and had a lot of behavioral issues due to staff not caring for their needs correctly. The house manager wasn't much better. Hopefully things have changed over the years.
It is what you make it.
Everyday I get my client up, feed him breakfast, feed lunch during the day he likes to go on rides, out, about and so on. We come home ans eat dinner. Give him a shower and medications with a snack at night. Management is horrible they have too much power. My workplace, everyone talks about everyone... majority just the people with bad hygiene and eat all day. The hardest part of my job is working all day and have to be right back in the am. The best part about my job is my resident!
Pros
Free food, trips
Cons
Managent- too much power, long hours
November 13, 2019
We continually strive to improve our communication and support of our staff members. We thank you for sharing your concerns.
It’s a decent job
Arc is a great job just needs better pay the staff is great the individuals are a little stressful but you just need the patience I would recommend arc to my friends and family
Love my job
The company gets blamed for decision made by the state in regards to pay rates. If you are in this field to get rich, your in the wrong one. I love the clients that I take care of. While management could be made better, what job doesn't have the same problem. There is a reason this company has been around for years and will continue..
Pros
Clients, co workers
Cons
Management, communication
Love my job!
ARC is by far the best company I have ever worked for. I have a wonderful group of people that I work with/for. I am proud to be a part of this team. The pay is good and they offer very generous PTO, vacation days and sick days. I would HIGHLY recommend applying for this company. It’s more than just a job, it’s a feeling of self worth. It’s a great place to work. I wouldn’t/couldn’t see myself anywhere else.
Pros
Pay, Time off, Flexibility.
Horrible management
Don't get a job here. Management is horrible!! Unless you brown nose and suck up your word counts for nothing even after being there a significant amount of time. If you aren't working up to par they don't discuss it with you until it's to late to fix it. Co workers stab you in the back!!! If your not wanted they will do what they have to to make sure you quit or fire you.
Run!
I didn't feel confident in the management of my department or that I could go to supervisors without being told how I had failed. My work load was unrealistic and was expected to not complain about the insane amount of work I was assigned. There was no since of relief and they continued to put more work on my plate after I had stated that I was overwhelmed and my work begun to suffer. They didn't seem take my struggle into consideration as long as I was appearing to be doing my job. I wouldnt recommend this company to my worst enemy.
I was an intern but I loved it.
I worked as an intern here and it was one of the most enjoyable and fun offices I have worked in. My job (handling and filing confidential files and such) was boring at times, but they allowed me to play music in the office which was nice.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARC Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9