ARC Industries Employee Reviews

A very humbling experience
RECEPTIONIST/ ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioMay 12, 2019
I like my job, I like what I do, I love the environment. Alot of the things that we take for granted, our participants strive to be as normal as possible. I like different faces on a daily basis and enjoying the familiar faces that we have on a daily basis.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No personal breaks, not enough vacation time, needed to stay under the county umbrella.
Relaxed atmosphere
Tree of Life - Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus OHMarch 7, 2019
I re-introduced myself to an office setting using current office skills. I completed the assigned tasks in an efficient manner. Proved to be a quick learner.
Relaxing and Stressful at times.
Supervisor and Training Specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 2, 2018
I enjoyed the field of work I was doing. I learned a lot about people who have developmental disabilities and how enjoyable it is to work with them. I loved all the employee's I worked with
Fun place to work with others
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2018
Worked as a team with others on cleaning offices. Really enjoyed organizing and cleaning on assignments. Manager very flexible with ability to work around limited hours.
Work
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 4, 2018
The job in which I was hired to do, was amazing, I love working with the disabled adults, but for reasons unknown-and was told by my direct report-that I must have done something, because a upper management employee-had placed a target on me, and is making my work life very miserable.
Pros
The clients for which I served.
Cons
Upper Management
You have to like your job.
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 9, 2018
Every job has high turnover but the turnover of the management was ridiculous.
And very sad to see the lack of care of the clients, by management. Case workers were awesome, you could tell they really cared, but unfortunately all have left for a better opportunity.
Steady pay check
Lead Mold-Maker (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 29, 2018
Steady work, but management is a little difficult, pay is is good. benefits are sub par. Loud environment . Fellow employees are hard workers and fun to work with.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No benifits
productive and relaxed job.
Training Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day at work would be relaxing, I would gather my team/patients in a group and have the job tasks for that day. Then I would separate my group into two and decide on who's doing what.
Consistent
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2017
My job with Arc Industries has been consistent and enjoyable . I have completed a lot of work with peers and supervisors. My experience has been enjoyable but I am eager to move forward in my endeavors.
no comment
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Once again it is unfair to force people to comment on jobs they have had. If this was just an option,maybe I would be willing to do so. But since you are forcing me. this is the answer you get.
It a fun place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Kingfiled meApril 5, 2017
Managed is not gd work area is dusty and not safe not a fun place to work people r not fun to be around the boss only cares about himself and not the workers
Informative work environment
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time with the company. There are a lot of great people there as well as some bad. You are among a sea of many different types of people. Okay place to work.
friendly atmosphere
CNC Operator/Set-up (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 5, 2016
You have to be ready work on 2 or 3 machines sometimes, setup and adjustment cutting tools, setup feed and speed for tools, clean machines after work
enjoyed working with the consumers
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 9, 2016
it was a good place to work and working with the consumers and helping them and conversations with them was great and just being the best supervisor for them
Great organization which hires disables citizens in Ohio.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43219May 18, 2016
ARC Industries of Ohio is a publicly supported organization which hires disabled citizens and transports them to a job site. They have job support staff on site to supervise. I worked with a small team packing parts for Parker-Hannefin. I learned to work quickly and accurately, and I enjoyed working with other disabled people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with no air conditioning. The most enjoyable part was interacting with my supervisors and coworkers.
Pros
Transportation was provided. It was casual dress.
Cons
We worked in the warehouse area, which was hot in summer.
it was a fun and helpful place
arc industries (Former Employee) –  in cloumbus ohioSeptember 26, 2015
it was a fun place to work but it wasn't my cup of tea . I enjoy more hands on I understand cleaning is hands on but its boring .I feel as if theres something more for me .
Pros
everyone was nice
Cons
no one really got in troblem when they screwed up
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2015
I enjoy working at ARC,friendly co-workers,they accommodate my schedule. It's a very positive work environment and helpful managers
ok to work at
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2015
Friendly and positive environment, flexible hours. Great management and co workers and not far from home. I have been there for 6 yeans and looking for a change.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
work evenings
Good learning experience and enjoyed working with disabilalbe adults
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2015
It was a very good experience. Enjoyed working with the disable adults. Learned a lot for them and they made my job fun and exciting.
Pros
making friend with the people I worked with
Cons
Not long enough with the people I met and work with
Friendly work environment,
Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at ARC Industries and it was a very positive experience liked the challenging work environment and the people I worked with
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Facility shut down