Arc of Evansville Employee Reviews

Horrible
You'll never know (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 1, 2018
The worst place to work for, if you are good at your job they will not let you move out of that position and advance. They never give pay raises. horrible management awful
Cons
Interactive and mutual support work environment
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 22, 2018
The Arc of Evansville is all about the passion of the people you work with. Co-workers and clients increase my desire to serve people's needs. From the Front desk to Managers' offices, you will find people who are willing to help you achieve your life goals. I learn from my boss that life is all about the impact and positive influence you have on other people's life.
Fun
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 15, 2018
Fun place to work. The management was always açaí me to help whenever needed. Getting out and meeting the community was a fantastic experience. Wouldn’t change anything about it.
High management turnover.
Production Team Member/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 15, 2017
Low pay for a stressful job. Very high management turnover had employees wondering about the stability of the company. Very low hourly rate of pay. High employee turnover.
Pros
Rewarding to work with the disabled.
Cons
Compensation and benefits poor.
Excited when there was improvement with the clients and their skills.
Instructor/ Community Liason (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 27, 2017
I enjoyed making a difference in my clients life. I always gave them praise when they completed a task. Involving the clients in community activities.
Pros
seeing the clients happy
Cons
need to pay more
educational
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 9, 2017
Great place to work, willing to help employee get the training needed for the job. Co-workers are more like a family. Shows favoritism to certain employees and clients.
burnout
Community Connections Liaison (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 9, 2016
no upward mobility; miasmatic management-to-frontline-staff condescension; rampant nepotism; excessive sycophants; always walking on eggshells; hamstrung by other providers
Pros
fluid schedule; good clients
Cons
nepotism, overwork, bad healthcare
It is a good place to work. They are flexible when I need time off.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 23, 2016
A typical day of work varies.

Everyday: copy and paste accounts payable information to Excel Spreadsheet and forward it to the Finance department.

Every two weeks: Inventory and order office supplies.

As needed: maintaining stock for Handbooks, Emergency Action Plans, and Applications (including inserts). Scanning and e-mailing B-Man Files to the appropriate locations. Keeping current employee filing updated. Laminating and doing other jobs as needed.

I learned that a company WILL accomodate minor disabilities.

I have a great supervisor.

Co-workers are easy to get along with.

I love a challenge, so I take anything that starts as hard and make it a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of my job is completing tasks within a reasonable timeframe.
Pros
Accomodations for a slight disabilty.
Cons
Not enough hours. I need around 30 hours a week.
The workers really care about those they serve.
Behavioral Specialist, QMRP & Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 14, 2015
Although there are common issues that are shared by nearly all non-profit companies, Arc is marked by employees that truly care for the people they serve. I have greatly enjoyed both the clients and my co-workers.
The Clients Are Amazing
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, InOctober 16, 2015
I have watched the individuals we serve grow and become more independent. Some even went on to hold community jobs. I worked in the training center and out in the community.
Pros
schedule
Cons
low paying, management was all over the place

Want to know more about Arc of Evansville?

Ask a question