Arc of Seneca Cayuga Employee Reviews

Low pay but good people
NA (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 12, 2019
Working at ARC of Seneca Cayuga has good coworkers. The only downside is the pay. It's even worse if you were working direct support. I would recommend though as everyone is nice that works here.
Don't waste your time
Overnights (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJune 29, 2019
The employees are treated badly by new upper management, no raises that reflect the amount of time you have been here. The new executive director only is concerned with making money, and not the people that we are here to take care of. You are not allowed to reach management after hours, but they are expected to be able to get ahold of you anytime that they choose, and you get yelled at if you don't respond within a timely manner.
Usually management was relaxed, work could get stressful.
Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJune 19, 2019
Usually management was relaxed, work could get stressful. Seems like the higher up management (the ones making the rules) have probably never worked as a DSP.
Pros
plenty of downtime
Cons
poor wages
Horrible place
Driver/Aide (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJune 9, 2019
The play was crazy low compared to other locations in other counties. Management was horrible. Employees consistently were sexually assaulted by “clients” and nobody cared. Hours were unstable. Was supposed to get 40 hours but consistently received only 20-25.
Pros
A select few of the staff were awesome
Cons
Everything else
Great schedule, horrible coworkers!
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYMay 29, 2019
I worked with this agency for almost three years. I loved it for the most part. I had holidays, weekends and nights off. The pay was okay for being a non-profit agency. My problem with the agency and the entire reason I left was because cliques and favoritism was extremely obvious the more you move up. You start to see how nasty people who SUPERVISE others really are. It's really just a bunch of grown adults who get off on making other grown adults miserable. The agency pushes following the "chain of command" but as soon as you bring issues to your supervisor and it becomes apparent that your issue will effect someone they like, the issue just disappears. Overall, wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Accommodating work schedule
Cons
Drama, favoritism, poor management
Awful
Community Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYMay 27, 2019
Decided to give this field a try. The Arc isn’t what it claims to be. Extremely short staffed day habs that aren't safe for the individuals or staff. My boss was terrible. She talked about the other employees every time I was in her office. She is a very crude individual that really shouldn’t hold the position she currently has. I loved the individuals but the work environment was terrible.
Pros
Rewarding career
Cons
Awful management, unsafe working conditions, short staffed
Confused
dsp (Former Employee) –  dspApril 17, 2019
I'm not sure who these people are with the good reviews, but they are not true. Pay is terrible, they don't care about the people working there. They mandate you if there is no staff or someone calls off. The main office all the people talk about each other. No privacy no confidentiality everyone knows your personal business. If you don't take part in the gossip or if you question something you are treated terrible.
Pros
slim to none
Cons
alot
Bad place to work for
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYFebruary 24, 2019
As a driver I learned that the only thing that Arc cares about is money. The people with special needs really don’t have as many rights as they make it seems. Safety is something that is lacking as well as communication. I will say I do have one of the best supervisors there.
Pros
Plenty of stress
Cons
To many
Rewarding place to work, team environment, your input is encouraged!
Health Services Department (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYNovember 12, 2018
Having been an employee for 25+ years, I can tell you the job and our field is ever changing. The Agency is proactive and forward thinking. We have a great Health Services Team that provides a multidisciplinary approach. Our Clinicians are a very important part of the Agency. Staff are welcoming and hard working. Paid time off is generous, with some flexibility in schedules. The individuals we work for and with are great!
Pros
generous time off, team environment, forward thining Agency
A Rewarding Place to Work!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYOctober 16, 2018
I enjoy my job, my co-workers, my teams, my supervisor, and especially the people I work for. I have been there for 18 years and I cannot imagine working anywhere else. The hours are very flexible and the time off accumulates faster than I can use it. My ideas are recognized and valued. The health insurance premiums cannot be matched anywhere else. This is the first job I have had where my supervisor actually goes out of her way to make sure I have everything I need to do my job effectively.
Wonderful and rewarding job!
Director of Residential Services (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYOctober 16, 2018
I came to Arc of Seneca Cayuga less that 3 years ago. I love the agency! The Executive Director is innovative and forward thinking. The Administration understands the DSPs (Direct Support Professionals) and rewards them for their hard work. This agency will be here for years to come making sure that people with intellectual disabilities are living their best lives!
Pros
Flexible, family friendly agency
Cons
Amazing organization to work for/with
Sr Vice President (Current Employee) –  Split between Waterloo and AuburnOctober 16, 2018
As with many non-profits, the pay is not the best. With that said, working at Arc of Seneca Cayuga is a great place to work. When I look at the annual compensation package (rate of pay, work environment, phenomenal benefit package), I am extremely satisfied. Like they say in the Peace Corps, "It's the hardest job you'll ever love."

Getting to go to work every day knowing that I am able to make a difference in the lives of others is so rewarding.

Couple of high points:

All benefit eligible staff start accruing 25 days of Paid Time Off from day one.

The agency matches 50 cents for every $1.00 that I donate to my retirement plan (there is a maximum for this).

The agency pays over 80% of the cost of my health insurance.

Tuition Reimbursement.

There's so much opportunity for advancement.

I really love working here and don't have any plans to go anywhere else any time soon! Come check us out!
Pros
Making a Difference Every Day, Benefit Package, Co-Workers, Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
Entry level pay could be better.
Fun work enviroment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYOctober 12, 2018
Seneca/Cayuga was a fun environment filled with activities, great coworkers, and amazing individuals. I would go back if I didn't move. I recommend it.
Dysfunctional
Just a cog (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Upper mgmt spent too much time talking and pretending to know rather than listening and learning. And that Executive Officer - he might be qualified to run the night shift at Taco Bell....maybe.
Great individuals and co-workers however no recognition of staff
Day Hab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYSeptember 10, 2018
ARC of Seneca Cayuga is a great organization at the bottom, those working direct care are great advocates for the individuals they serve. Moving up the ladder to the top it gets worse and worse. Supervisors are underpaid and under appreciated and upper management does not notice because they are to busy not doing their jobs. The new CEO is a joke. He uses threats and intimidation on families of individuals.
Pros
Coworkers and individuals
Cons
Upper management and ceo are worthless
Outstanding Agency/Diverse Employment Opportunities
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYJuly 27, 2018
I am a 30 year employee with the Arc of Seneca Cayuga and have seen much growth and positive changes throughout my career. I feel these changes have resulted in a solid organization, with a great reputation. My role affords me the opportunity to coordinate with all staff in the agency, outside providers, families, and persons supported. An overwhelming number of families have commented to me how satisfied they are with the services their loved one is receiving. I am always impressed by the level of commitment, compassion, care, understanding, and quality service delivery provided by staff, regardless of the role they fulfill. All staff are held accountable to do their part toward enhancing the lives of the People We Support. I am highly satisfied with my role in the agency (protection of persons supported, staff guidance/training, etc.) because I believe in and support the Agency Mission. I feel my role is only one of the many important roles staff has in enhancing the lives of the people we support.

Our Executive Director has been instrumental in promoting a culture of accountability, transparency, fiscal stability, and staff appreciation/recognition (i.e. Q & A open forum on staff website, breakfast w/ DSPs, program visitations, swag bags, staff appreciation events, public sales of Arctic Gear apparel, etc.). These initiatives have had a positive impact on staff and the agency as a whole.

My Supervisor is an excellent mentor and resource. She is supportive, and always avails herself to me, if I need her. She promotes an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect, accountability,
  more... autonomy, open communication and is confident in my abilities to perform my duties.

Our organization makes a difference in the lives of people with disabilities each and every day. I am very proud to be an employee of such an outstanding organization!
Pros
Caring and Conscientious Staff/Supportive Administration/Diverse Employment Opportunities
Cons
Great agency to work for!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 25, 2018
I have been employed by this agency for over 4 years and it is a great environment to work in.

Arc of Seneca Cayuga is constantly looking for new ways to better their employees experience within the agency such as fun days, rewards, chicken BBQ's and more.

Our new Executive Director came in and changed our moral in a good way. Arc of Seneca Cayuga is now employee focused and try and show each employee how appreciated they are everyday especially the Direct Support Professionals!

I would not hesitate to recommend working here to a friend or family member because I know how great they will be treated!
Pros
Family Friendly, Flexible, Fair
Cons
Hard work (thats not a con)
Part of something special.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 25, 2018
I have over 25 years with this Agency. I left for a year and returned. That says a lot. Being not for profit is the hardest part about salary, but they are working to make it better. I started direct care and worked my way up to an administrative position, which made me a better, well rounded employee. The time off is fantastic and they offer many benefits.
The individuals we serve are amazing kind people and the work is gratifying. What I learned in this agency prompted me to go to college and further my education. I could have taken a job at another company but I like the mission of the agency and that meant more than anything else.
Pros
Various shift opportunities (nights, days, weekends) Different job types, chances for advancement, good time off.
Cons
Lower pay, but it is getting better.
Exciting and rewarding
Transportation (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 25, 2018
I have been at Arc of Seneca Cayuga for 20 years and intend to work another 20 years here. It is a great place to work with tremendous benefits. The paid time off is the best I've ever seen (for full time and part time employees) No night or weekend work (except at the residential sites) From transportation to day habs to residential there is a spot for everyone here with just about every type of schedule.
Pros
Paid time off, recognition for staff
Cons
Can be a demanding job, stressfull at times but rewarding
Rewarding, fast paced environment where you can make a difference!
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 25, 2018
I have worked with the agency for over 10 years, and have enjoyed my time here and most of the staff that I work with. As with most jobs there are times when the job is stressful and overwhelming, but most days are rewarding and you feel as though you made a difference in someone's life. The management does care about you as a person, and have always supported me in my various life events. My supervisor is always available to listen, has never questioned time off that I have needed for my family, and is overall supportive and encouraging. Whenever I have had any issues, work related or not, management has been supportive and given me time and support to get through those issues. I am commended for the work that I do, and am given feedback in areas that I may need to improve. Time off is excellent, my vacation or personal time is never questioned, and have co workers that will help cover for me when I need time off. I do not receive insurance benefits through the agency, so I can't speak to that, but we do receive "bonuses" throughout the year including turkey at Thanksgiving as well as chicken bbq's in the summer. We also are able to participate in various wellness competitions that promote good health and receive prizes for successes. We have a free EAP program that is offered whenever staff are struggling in any aspect of life. I would recommend this agency to a friend or family member and have! If you come into the agency willing to work, with a good work ethic, and want to make a difference in the life of an person with an intellectual disability then this is  more... the agency for you.  less
Pros
Supportive environment, treated like family, and know you are making a difference in the lives of others!!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arc of Seneca Cayuga. Our community is ready to answer.

Arc of Seneca Cayuga Reviews by Location