Arc of Westchester Employee Reviews

productive
Assistant Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 20, 2018
Working at ARC of Westchester has helped me to develop more patience. After a day at work I feel rewarded knowing that I can assistance others who can't do for themselves. It is very physically involved, strenuous and discouraging at times but if one is in it for the fulfillment of the individuals then you feel a sense of gratitude at the end of the day.
Pros
lots of sitting to interact with the individuals
Cons
healthcare benefits and salary
Arc of Westchester is no longer able to issue a quality service product.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYMay 4, 2018
Arc of Westchester has lost sight of what mission statement . The primary focus of this agency has become money not the quality of services offered but the money that can be receive from the individuals attending programs.
Staff are no longer respected or appreciated!!! Many dedicated old timers are so fed up there leaving and the new staff coming on or quickly realizing the mistake they made and I also leaving. It only leaves one to wonder what the future holds for Arc of Westchester
Pros
There are a lot of good people who work here.
Cons
This agency will try to work you to death.
Best Job I Ever Had But Staff Members Are Disrespectful And Abusive
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 16, 2018
I loved my job at Arc of Westchester but the entire time I was there I was disrespected and treated like dirt. There was nothing my supervisor could do to improve the situation. I even went to Human Resources to request a new house but they never got back to me.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Co-workers are disrespectful
Enjoy.
Pre-Voc Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 25, 2017
Enjoy working at ARC. They are truly about the individuals and improving their lifestyles. It's true on what they are trying to accomplish allowing the individuals to live a fruitful life.
Temporary Graphic Designer
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYNovember 19, 2017
For the time being, it was a very balanced and flexible facility to work. Advisor and other workers were very polite and kind. It's a very relaxing workspace, I would recommend it to those who prefer a quiet office job.
Pros
Quiet, friendly, busy
Cons
Dull, slow paced, office job
Workplace Culture
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYOctober 27, 2017
The people here are wonderful and the job is rewarding, however there is zero job growth, zero salary increases, too much regulation change and very poor pay
What I learned
Prevocational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYOctober 19, 2017
I learned how to work the SmartBoard and how to administer and run group lessons. I also learned how to run group lessons and administer medication to the clients.
Pros
Good hours, supportive staff
Cons
Inconsistent communication, low base of pay
A place to come and get some experience in the medical world.
Direct Support Professional/ Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYSeptember 17, 2017
If you've never worked in a medical setting before this can be a nice introduction to help you decide if you like to continue in the medical field or not.
Pros
Entry level
Cons
No benefits, no raises, no promotions!!! Horrible bonus!!!
work/life balance
AR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYAugust 23, 2017
good place to work, pay is rather low, environment is relaxed , benefit package is not the best, however the staff was pretty friendly. no real room from growth.
Multi task environment, very rewarding
Habilitation Instructor (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 11, 2017
Multi task environment, very rewarding working with people with disabilities, excellent hours and time off, pay is very poor, perfect location right in WhitePlains NY, very nice place to work, management, and coworkers are very nice
Pros
Excellent hours and time off
Cons
Poor pay, no retirement plan

Want to know more about Arc of Westchester?

Ask a question
its ok
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYMay 15, 2017
Salary is low. Management is fair. If you are not patient with people, this job is not for you. Its a challenge dealing with individuals with disabilities.
Pros
community engagement is fun
Cons
Low salary for the many hats you wear at this job
Worthwild and rewording place to work
Community Choices Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYApril 24, 2017
The Arc of Westchester is good place to learn and grow, You learn and develop your skills with teaching and helping others. The management is always there to help and teach new employees how to be good at the job and help the customers.
Needs to expand
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 28, 2016
Needs more vision for the organization. Lacks innovative thinking and ability to see beyond what's already been accomplished.
Pros
Health Covage
Cons
No frequent raises
Excellent agency
Pediatric Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYOctober 17, 2016
Multi-disciplinary inclusion model. Work with Occupational and Speech Therapists to educate families about how to implement strategies to foster development of gross motor skills.
Pros
Team model.
Cons
Travel between sites.
Entry level to gain experience
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYJuly 30, 2016
Yearly bonus taken away. Supervisors not pulling their weight and not supportive. Co-workers pretty decent. Medical benefits are not good in anyway ( just don't get sick ). Clients are great and wonderful to work with.
Pros
Time off and working hours
Cons
No chance of advancement at all.
Great Company
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYJuly 8, 2016
I spent 6 months working for Arc in a residential enviroment. Overall Arc is a great company to work for lots of time off! not an easy field but very rewarding.
Resident Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYDecember 2, 2014
The residents will always brighten your day. Basic nursing care, respect for human dignity is learned and practiced here for those who are willing and caring. I enjoyed and loved working here.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, yearly bonus, great medical benefits.
Overall it was a positive experience working for Westchester ARC.
Community Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 14, 2014
This was a great place to work! The work was very rewarding assisting individuals with special needs.I t required a great deal of patience and empathy but it was very enjoyable. I had a good relationship with my colleagues. The hours were good Monday- Friday 8:30am -4:00pm. Several years back; it was very lucrative because there was plenty of overtime hours available and we haven't received a raise in the last 8 years. The benefits are decent and they match your contributions to the 403b plan they have available. They also have a fair amount of sick,personal and vacation time available Overall it was a positive experience working for Westchester ARC.
Pros
Benefits, good hours and a positive environment.
Cons
No room for advancement. No overtime available and no raise in 8 years.
Work with developmentally disabled individuals and better their lives.
Community Habilitation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYFebruary 27, 2013
Work with great co-workers and incredible individuals every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arc of Westchester. Our community is ready to answer.