Arc of Yates Employee Reviews

Lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NY 14527September 7, 2019
I worked at the program site clinic, not a group home. My position did not require mandates to other shifts or weekends. My experience with ARC was a very positive. My reason for leaving was better pay at new job.
Great changes at the Arc of Yates
Manager (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYFebruary 19, 2019
I feel that the Arc of Yates culture is getting better with the new ED and am looking forward to the great things to come. Many employees complain about the pay but the benefits really make up for that!
Pros
The individuals supported and the positive changing culture!
Cons
Rewarding work with Great Benefits!
Adminitration (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYFebruary 8, 2019
The Arc of Yates has one of the best benefit packages that I have seen in this area. This is a very rewarding career for someone who likes to help others and work hard.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Benefits, Culture
Underpaid and Managment needs rearranging
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYFebruary 2, 2019
Honestly loved working with the individuals, if you dont fit in then you dont fit in and you can most definitely feel that you dont. You can bust your butt for them and still if you voice your opinion they find ways to "reprimand" you. The place is full of cliques, especially management which is why they have so much employee turnover they all stick together and you have no chance against them. Very discriminating and unfair place to work. They make it seem so amazing when you first start and the longer you're there the more you see. It's all about the money, not their employees or individuals. They favor certain staff and if you have any kind of problem and go to your supervisor nothing gets fixed. You're doing the job of 10 people being torn in every which direction. I loved the job, not the management. I would suggest working residential and not at the center, at least not until things change with management.
Pros
Gaining relationships with individuals, pto and benefits
Cons
Lack of communication, management, discrimination
Wonderful place to work, can't beat the PTO!
Administration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYJanuary 31, 2019
I absolutely love working for the Arc of Yates, it is a great place to work with a variety of people who all are working towards the same mission to help improve the lives of those we support. I have worked here for four years, moved away from the area and still commute almost an hour to and from work every day because I love my job. This place makes you feel like your work actually matters and you are making a difference in peoples' lives. I would highly recommend the Arc of Yates. There are a variety of programs and job positions to choose from, come check it out!
Pros
Pto, Affordable Health Care, Job Satisfaction
Very fun and rewarding career!
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYJanuary 31, 2019
A typical day at work includes helping our individuals live self-directed meaningful lives. I love working with and teaching our individuals how to live more independently. I've learned so much working for the Arc of Yates. I've learned time-management skills, I've learned team building skills and I've also learned that loving your job everyday is possible! The management at the Arc of Yates is understanding, caring and compassionate. The hardest part of this job is when you lose an individual. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching our individuals learn and grow. I would highly recommend the Arc of Yates to anyone who is looking for a rewarding, welcoming and family friendly career.
Pros
Health Benifits, Family Friendly, 401K, Great PTO
Cons
The pay
Rewarding career!!
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Day habJanuary 29, 2019
I love working at the Arc Of Yates. Amazing benefits and fair pay! If you want a rewarding career with great benefits and hours then I highly recommend applying!
Awesome
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Keuka, NYMarch 2, 2018
Really enjoyed working here. I was part of the work-study program and that program has provided me a multitude of experience. I really enjoyed working with the students and staff!
Great opportunity to give back
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Working with the individuals is so rewarding and a great opportunity to make a difference. There are many opportunities for career growth within the program or other departments.
over worked, and under paid
Assistant Manager/DSP (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYJanuary 26, 2018
This company only looks at the dollar sign. They do not support their employees, and expect them to do the job of 1/2 people for less than ideal pay. No support from management, upper management or executive team. The only reason staff stay is because they enjoy supporting the individuals being served. If you speak your mind about the on goings and lack of support, they make it easy to let you go at a drop of a hat.
Terrible place to work, like being in the Hunger Games
admin. (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYJanuary 15, 2018
If you choose to work here may the odds forever be in your favor. Because more than likely you'll work for a year or two, be completely stressed out, and then get laid off unexpectedly, regardless of all of your positive reviews. Management is terrible and constantly makes fun of the individuals they are supposed to be supporting.
Pros
close to home (not many other options in Penn Yan)
Cons
low pay, long hours, conflicting rules, rude management
Poor work environment
Customized Employment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYNovember 15, 2017
Underpaid, overworked, low morale. No staff development or advancement opportunities. Individuals are not treated with the respect and dignity set forth by the funders.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Rewarding as far as working with individuals
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYNovember 13, 2017
Company no longer seems to care about the individuals we serve. It has become about money and politics. Employess have no protection and are alienated from the higher ups like they are expendable at any point in time. Seems like the employees who truly care get no appreciation. People stay at this job because they love helping people... not because its a good place to work.
Pros
Individuals are amazing
Cons
Walking on egg shells constantly. Not enough time to get work done and no over time allowed.
Never work here
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYNovember 11, 2017
Honestly I couldn't think of a worse place to work, the administration is a joke! They run the agency like a dictatorship and are an embarrassment to the community.
Not a good choice
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NY 14527May 31, 2017
This company pays its employess much less than any other human services agency. There is no staff appriciation here . No room for any real advancement.
Not a good place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Penn YanApril 8, 2017
Management lies about employees and talks behind their backs. They treat their consumers like a number rather than a human being. Stay clear of this place.
Pros
Residents
yates
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYDecember 30, 2016
I worked residential while I was there I enjoyed my job there was just a lack of communication with staff members with the agency. also with the program crew
Excellent
Assistant Manager of Skylarc studios (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYDecember 1, 2016
The staff here really care. They treat the clients with respect. They are always looking for ways to grow and serve people better.
Do not even consider employment here, reviews speak volumes!
Other (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYFebruary 13, 2016
Stay clear of this place. The turn over rate is high. Great individuals leave, the majority of the ones that are in it for the paychecks alone stay. No need to complain because no one cares.
Pros
Individuals
Cons
Management with titles that do not reflect education or experience
very difficult to have any other life then work life
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYNovember 17, 2015
Not very nice management. Don't like to approve time off asked to work residential a lot. And it's not really made any option. Very unfair as far as positions and moving up in the company.
Pros
good hours
Cons
take advantage of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arc of Yates. Our community is ready to answer.

Arc of Yates Reviews by Location