ARCA Employee Reviews

great job
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 22, 2018
Miss working there. Miss my guys miss my co workers. I have leared alot there. There was never a bad day at work. The only hard part of my job is seeing my guys sad.
work
Network Administrator /System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 19, 2018
I managed the entire network for 9 years. ARCA is a true non profit organization so their budgeting is always very tight. This would be challenge at times when it came down to purchasing IT equipment and software.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
mangement
Arca
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque NMMarch 12, 2018
Okay place to work at first then poor management. They treat their employees like they are disposable. They take advantage and tell you what you will work because they need you
Pros
Poor communication
Cons
Clients
Individual and honest review.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2018
ARCA is a great place for individuals with intellectual disabilities but not so much for the employees. Employees, on the front line, don't get paid enough for the work we do (teaching the individuals, dealing with behaviors, dealing with demanding family members, and providing personal care). However, if you don't like a house you can move to another one. They're somewhat flexible. Hardly any raises. Some managers are awful and some are great. Management doesn't take action against awful managers. You need to be very, very careful with what you say or do. You can easily be fired. Be aware that you are being watched by everyone! Opportunities for advancement is low and most opportunities are internal. It's not what you know but who you know (you have to be the chosen one). Lastly, this field isn't for everyone. Don't feel bad if it's not for you and don't let anyone make you feel bad for thinking that.
Pros
Enrich an individuals life, can go on some outings for free
Cons
Awful management, pay is not great, don't get to clock out, can be overworked
productive
INSTRUCTOR 1 (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 2, 2018
a good place to work and a place that encourages training that is needed for what job your going into as a caregiver/instructor 1
the management is good and the job is good and learning as you go
great
Instructor 1 (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 24, 2018
love it
i've worked there a long time and its a good job for students and for flexible schedules. people of all ages and backgrounds are welcome! would work there again
Great place to work, you’ll learn a lot
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2018
I’ve been with ARCA for 2 years, and I love it. It brings challenges, and requires you to really care about the individuals we support. It can be a mentally taxing job, and will test every ounce of your patience, but it’s easily the best place I’ve worked for. You get plenty of training at hire, and then trained as much as you need depending on where you choose to work. The company is flexible, and understands when you need to take time off. If you have a job or environment that isn’t a good fit for you, you can always move around within the company, and they encourage you to find that perfect fit. The offices are well-organized and friendly environments, management is very personal and also professional, and you’ll feel valued as an employee. You won’t get rich working here, they even say it at hire, but it’s a job where we get to really make a difference in the day-to-day lives of those we support.
Pros
Health insurance, 401k, Pto, choose your hours, choose your workplace, very inclusive workplace
Cons
Constantly changing staff, mentally taxing
good place to work with people
Group Home Instructor I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 26, 2017
I learn that each day could be different, depending on what clients were prepare for or expected to accomplish. The hardest part of the job was providing an explanation to the clients when things did not go right for them.
More worried about getting the CEO another award rather than employees
Systems Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCSeptember 20, 2017
While they boast having a great and fun culture and environment, its all a sham. People are constantly back-biting each other, and people spend more time claiming things arent their jobs rather than working. Since the company implemented Holacracy, people spend more time in meetings than they do actually working. They claim to have competitive wages, and its true if you only compete with other companies within the same town rather than the same industry.
Pros
Salary and 4wks paid vacation
Cons
Benefits are over priced, salary isnt high enough
good place to work
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 11, 2017
Very good place to work very involved in family treats everyone equal good start out pay great benefits and discounts on many different placesThey love and respect the individuals that they serve

Want to know more about ARCA?

Ask a question
Hostile work enviornment
Community Service Coordinator, RN (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 29, 2017
I found this environment to be very critical and not patient centered. I had to fight bullying in the work place and was given three "safe places" to hide instead of them resolving the issue with the other party.
Great people with equal attitudes.
Route Helper (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 15, 2017
No work day was ever the same. Each day had something new to provide and teach for everyday use. The hardest part was being away from my family for so many hours. The traveling wasn't bad because we got to see new and interesting things.
Pros
Travel and see many interesting new things.
Cons
Long hours away from Family
Awsome work pkace
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 27, 2017
Typical day, helped clients whit their everyday hygiene, meals, prepare for a day at work, and exercise.
I enjoyed working at Arca they have friendly employees, and the clients are awesome.