ARCADIA HOME CARE & STAFFING Employee Reviews

energetic
HHA3 (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 1, 2018
cleaning house, food prepperation, running errands, taking care of the pets, doing the dishes, shampooing the carpets, dusting, taking out the trash
laid back
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 30, 2018
I loved working with this company, flexible nothing too complicated, supervisors are like family, all staff members are treated fairly, you can call your supervisor about whatever and they will make things right
Pros
integrity
Cons
not applicable
I enjoy working one on one with the client. However, not much on incentives
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 20, 2018
I have stayed with this company because I have control of my schedule. I rather have a split shift instead of working 8 hours straight anymore. I enjoyed working with most of my clients and everyone I worked with wanted me to be there on a regular basis.
Pros
Having control of my schedule, and split shift's
Cons
No incentives and I didn't see much room for advancement
Overworked and underpaid
Homemaker/PSS (Former Employee) –  Bath, MEJune 18, 2018
Management barely covers what your responsibilities are, there and no benefits at all, they throw you in for a 1 hour orientation and then you're on your own with no knowledge of the client or their needs except for a name and address, constant travel with no mileage or gas compensation.
Cons
No gas compensation, limited hours, fighting over clients, no knowledge or title or clients
N/a
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIMay 22, 2018
Arcadia was my employer for 5 years. Arcadia provided a very friendly work environment. Ongoing training for all employees, good benefits, decent pay, opportunity for growth. Lots of employee events
i personally find a joy in helping others
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 8, 2018
the supervisor and staffing people are all very nice and understanding the hardest part of the job is you have to have patience and not take everything personal if you have experience with certain cases you will already know and understand
Good home care agency
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMay 1, 2018
I like the fact that you can choose your own hours and days. That is really nice because other companies have mandatory days they want you to work. Management was easy to work with.
Wish corporate office wasn't moving
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 24, 2018
A great place to work and make friends for life. It is a fast paced, team oriented department. Having a dedicated supervisor who does not micro manage makes it easy to excel. Everyone pitches in when deadlines or audits arise in a moments notice. Am very sad to leave.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Healthcare isn't the best & 401K not matched
A good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIApril 4, 2018
I like it because it fits your schedule and they work with you. I was available to them for most of there needs. They give good incentive when they call you at the last minute.
Pros
Good work schedule
Cons
Too many late calls
ability to choose hours to work
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHMarch 26, 2018
Depending on your case, the work is easy but there isn't room for advancement within the company. I have been assigned the same client since last March and haven't been considered for a raise
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No paid time off
Fun, entry level opportunity in health care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 2, 2018
I started working at Arcadia as a Home Health Aide, while going through nursing school. I had always decided that I would use my knowledge as a stepping stone after passing my nursing boards (NCLEX) to further my career; however I just transitioned into the RN role at Arcadia instead of leaving. Although I do not intent on leaving if I get another job opportunity, I would not be where I am in my career if it was not for that company and the management that they have. This employer is a great starting point to those who want to get into the health care environment.
Pros
Opportunity to "make" your own schedule, work as many hours as you prefer (they have no problem offering overtime), homecare clients and facility work (whatever you choose), scheduling and management are pretty awesome, can negotiate your pay depending on certain cases and/or facilities
Cons
Insurance is horribly priced/only offered once/yr, clients/facilities may cancel without real notice, no room for advancement past RN, labelled as PT bc hrs are not "guaranteed, " however you can work FT hrs
It was good place to work.
Hospice Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Little Egg Harbor, New JersyFebruary 28, 2018
i had no problems with working at Arcadia. I left to go to a better job opportunity. As long as you did your job, there were no problems. When I left Arcadia it was sold to a corporation. When I worked there the staff was really nice and helpful with each other.
Productive and fun work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 27, 2018
I loved my job they just did not offer enough hours they would call with new home care positions and then something would come up and they would have to take it back
Pros
Home care
Cons
Not enough hours
Nice
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIFebruary 20, 2018
Good people to work for . I'm don't have a hundred and fifty characters to put on this. So I order to finish this here you go to meet your satisfaction.
I liked the variety of staffing to different locations
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 1, 2018
Management was disorganized. They left me hang for months with empty promises of shifts that I never got. Lack of work is reason I got a new job. I was given experience needed for my future.
Reading to clients entertain client.
Certify Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 26, 2018
I usually assist client with their daily needs, baths,dressing, meal, light house keeping, companion as be someone to talk with give comfort how ever I may.
Pros
Like to be of assisteds
Cons
the short time with each client 2 to 3hrs at time
Relaxed work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for Arcadia. I was able to choose the hours i wanted to work to fit my schedule. I worked third shift and enjoyed it. I would recommend Arcadia to anyone looking for a job.
Not a very fun or productive work place what so ever
Caregiver/ PCW (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 5, 2017
Assisting all elderly with daily activities and needs to the best of my ability everyday that they can't perform on their own. Management was horrible. The boss was a very mean nasty person who put people down. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone. You bust your butt and still get treated poorly. Hardest part was dealing with the staffing lady. The most enjoyable was working with all my awesome residents.
Flexible schedule
NA (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 1, 2017
Really liked that I could build a schedule around my needs. It made for my work and home life balance to be effective. I also got weekly pay. Management was understanding and offered higher pay for last-minute shifts.
Pros
weekly pay
Arcadia Home Care & Staffing
Recruiter/Staffing Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Murrysville, PAOctober 25, 2017
Productive, busy atmosphere where everyone works as a team for future success.
We are a staffing agency, we work hard to meet everyone's needs for best results in patient care.
I have learned a tremendous amount as a Sales Executive and the roll it plays in building and growing this company.
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
Distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARCADIA HOME CARE & STAFFING. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight