Arcadia Home Care and Staffing Employee Reviews

Great Management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, OHDecember 1, 2018
I enjoy providing on-call RN services for Arcadia Homecare and Staffing,My pay is always paid without error. The management are kind and understanding. I love being on-call and providing service to Franklin County Children's Services doing Med Screens
Pros
Great management
Cons
I only get paid when called to do Pmedscreens otherwise on call for free
Horrible management
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PANovember 28, 2018
Horrible place to work for, run. I started and my client was amazing but the management is horrible. I literally worked hours another employee claimed, they were paid while I am still waiting to get paid and that was well over a month ago. The mother of my client also worked for the company working well over 48 at a time but we were told it's a no sleeping job even working 16 hours back to back, but I'm pretty sure in a 48 hour period of working straight sleep is needed. The mother of this client soaked up all overtime for hours not worked, while the ones working didn't get paid at all. It took two weeks for them to even confirm I worked the shift, and still waiting to be paid. They have been rude, not answering calls yet I get emails everyday to pick up extra work. If you do need a job, I highly suggest not taking on a client that the family also works for. Highly stressful and thankfully I'm out. Horrible horrible horrible. Your pay check will also always be late until your direct deposit kicks in.
Pros
All the hours you want and some you don't
Cons
Horrible management, pay check mess ups, over worked, the list is endless
Good work
Csre giver (Former Employee) –  BirminghamOctober 23, 2018
This is a very Good company to work for if your starting out as a care giver.. and don’t mind setting for 12 hours three Days a week.. they didn’t give over time and you can’t pick of extra hours if you.. only 40 hours a week
Pros
Need more clients
Cons
Listen more
In home care is a dangerous position for care givers
CNA in home care (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 3, 2018
The one thing I learned about working in-home care is that clients are able to say things and you have nobody there to bear witness to your side of the story. I will never work in-home care again because of this.
Pros
Working in a client's home instead of a busy nursing home
Cons
You are on your own with the patient with little help for anything.
Arcadia was a part time job to help make ends meet with my full-time position. Arcadia didn't have any available full-time work.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TN 38134October 2, 2018
Arcadia would be a good place to work for someone that is only interested in a part-time position and does not mind using your personal transportation to assist the customers and providing services such as errands.
Not a great place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  akron ohioSeptember 23, 2018
I have never worked in a place where u had to use your personal cell phone to communicate with the field staff. I had only been with the company for a few months and for the last three months everything was dumped into my lap to do!, this is not a job for one person to do, and i was not compensated for doing the job of two people. It is a very stressful job the caregivers are out there doing whatever they want to do making up their own schedules. There were people with very little experience asking to be paid way more than they should have been paid to see a patient. I worked well with the people that were in the office and had very good communication with the field staff,but when u have the higher ups coming down on u as if your are doing nothing and u are the only one there doing your best to try to handle everything its gets a little over whelming. I have been in healthcare since 2001. For two years of that I worked in homecare and I have never in my life seen anything ran like arcadia.I am no longer with the company and I still have some of the field staff texting my phone with questions this is why the personal phone should have never been used not to mention its probably a Hippa violation!
Pros
Vacation
Cons
understaffed never compensated for doing the work of two people
Seemingly good place with bad executions
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MISeptember 17, 2018
If you're looking for semi reliable healthcare experience with supervisors who don't respect you and pay you about half of what they charge their clients while still trying to rip you off on the low every paycheck, this place is for you!
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Everything else
Worst place ever to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 5, 2018
No job security, office staff is rude, inconsiderate, not truthful and lack morals and they will call you non-stop to cover shifts you already turned down.
Don’t recommend any family to have their love ones care for by Arcadia.
STAY AWAY from Arcadia in Jackson, Michigan
Pros
You build professional relationships with clients
Cons
Office staff is horrible
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 4, 2018
I love my job. I love providing one on one care for my clients.The hours are very flexible. You can make your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want. But home care pay is not adequate. Although Arcadia does pay more than some of the other care agencies I have worked for.
Awful!
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 2, 2018
They begin with misleading the applicant about pay and hours. The schedule is rarely consistent. The schedulers lie to both the employees and the clients. I had many dissatisfied clients due to the lack of communication and dishonesty of the Arcadia office staff.

The pay ranged from minimum wage to $12 per hour. I hired in for full time and rarely worked 40 hours a week. No benefits and mileage compensation is minimal with many loopholes.

A common complaint among caregivers was inaccurate paychecks. More often than not, you are short paid.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Schedule errors, lack of compensation for miles traveled, dishonest schedulers, no benefits, inconsistent hours, and LOW pay.
Not a great place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 30, 2018
I was told there would be opportunities to move up in the company,and I was told so many great things about the company. Once I started working there I found out they were all lies. I was over worked and under paid for the amount of work I was expect to complete daily perfectly with no mistakes.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Not enough pay
Excellent Staff. competive pay
Nursing (Current Employee) –  tucson azAugust 24, 2018
Overall good place to be, Success will depend on the individual employee and how they preform at the hospitals they are staffed at. Office staff is kind, professional and work hard for the clinical staff.
Pros
make your own schedule!
Cons
summer time+low census = less money
Flexible and rewarding job.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIAugust 21, 2018
I enjoyed this job, as hectic as it was at times. The orientation I received was lacking, but I believe they are doing a better job with that now. Overall would recommend this facility.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
nobody took all of their breaks
Depends who your manager is
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 21, 2018
It started out great, but it changed. No work/life balance. It’s a 24/7 business and be ready to help all the time. People need to be able to step away from work on the weekends
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Work/life balance and call offs
Love it
Location Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work. I love the teamwork and collaboration. I really enjoy being able to get creative with the job.
We have great clients and caregivers!!
Pros
Flexible scheduling, competitive pay
Long career working here
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 1, 2018
I worked here for more than 15 years. Most of the people were here for 7 or more years. For the most part, coworkers got along. Management expected you to know your job and get it done. There was little micro managing.
Pros
flexible schedules, smart management team
Cons
no raises
Horrible Place to work!!!!
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 24, 2018
I was employed a total of two months. The job sucks but the clients don't. The schedulers were the absolute worst. When you did orientation you were asked to put down five areas to work and the schesulers would always try to send you outside the five areas. Outside of that majority of the schedulers were RUDE. They always cut you off and always short. I remember during orientation the recruiter said to be patient with scheduling because they can have bad days, I should've caught that red flag there. The schedulers were very unorganized as well but the company expected you to be on your Ps&Qs. The hours are very inconsistent. Just stressful, stay clear if you can and don't let the weekly pay fool you. I had multiple clients complain about unorganized the scheduling/company was as well.
Pros
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Rude and Unorganized Schedulers
Communication Breakdown
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAJuly 17, 2018
This company was very good at allowing me to form my work day but it was not structured enough and there was a lack of communication between the upper management and the sales team.
Pros
Able to work remotely, Networking opportunities and compensation for expenses
Cons
Short sighted growth potential, not enough communication with upper management and middle management, they were not on the same page. Terrible training program.
arcadia family
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 17, 2018
arcadia was a great place for family environment, great people that are now my friends. the work environment was very peaceful and everyone was easy going. non issues were left undone, we all worked together as a team to provide the best service to our clients.
The manager in the end before agency was transferred to ResCare was amazing
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 7, 2018
I started working with Arcadia Home Health care because of being a single parent and working hours that fit our shedule. Found it to be rewarding experience and Love working helping people. The training every month for special service needs for home care was imformitive and always was current. I have always been able to be responsive to different situations because of my training and experience.
Pros
Travel pay and medical insurance
Cons
Lack of hours when you have a shedule change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about