Arcadia Recovery Bureau Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
Good work for insurance and collectors - poor culture and micromanagement
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 22, 2018
Duties:

-Review Insurance accounts, using outbound calls and correspondence to resolve balances.

-Enjoyable challenging work for industry people.

OK for youngsters needing experience and paycheck, Not good for experienced people who expect marginal respect and consistency from managment
Pros
Good Human Resources Dept., Some nice coworkers.
Cons
Poor Training situation - No reasonable performance review system, favoritism, Some disrespectful, disingenuous, micro-managing, managers.
poorly run, basic problems
collections agent (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 15, 2018
this call center is lacking in many basic things other call centers have. i see a lot of security theater, but basic security measures are missing, such as id badges. management plays favorites and will berate you for any little thing if they hate you while letting people they like get away with anything. the job is stressful, and management only makes it worse. i've almost had a panic attack here more than once.
Pros
decent pay and bonuses.
Cons
management, operations, security, computer systems
arcadia
Clerical Support/Insurance Follow-up Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 10, 2018
I have learned a lot while working at Arcadia. I feel though that I will not be able to advance there. I am also unhappy with compensation and the fact that there has not been an increase in compensation for anyone with the company in 10 years, but the cost of living and insurance continue to increase.
Love being here
Medical Bill Collector (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 1, 2018
I enjoy my job. I love the work family and environment. Nothing to really complain about. You just have to be determined to have a good start, middle and end of the day. Deliver everything in a great attitude and never be afraid to ask for constructive criticism. It may benefit you.
competitve
Front Desk Receptionist/ call center rep (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 26, 2018
if you want to make your goal you need to work all accounts given to you. great supervisor .
great people
a lot of emotions from customers
caring environment
Pros
great people
Cons
upset customers
Don’t do it unless you are desperate
Ball and Chain (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 3, 2018
This is the worst place I have ever worked! They set goals that most times are unattainable, if you meet it once they make it hard to meet it again! They have ticket incentives to win prizes and even though they give away some nice things I have enough of my own stuff! I would rather get a raise to help pay my bills! Since they do the bonus and prizes they never give raises!

Some of the co-workers are nice but like anywhere you still have gossip and back stabbing! The managers are pathetic and feed on drama and would not make it in their positions if they worked at a decent place! There is definitely favoritism! It’s very obvious!

It’s not a healthy environment, everyone is always sick there and it probably has a lot to do with the stress level!

I would not recommend this place unless you are absolutely desperate!
Pros
Free parking
Professional work atmosphere
Debt collector (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 20, 2018
Collecting medical debts via telephone. Very professional working atmosphere with great benefits once collection goals were achieved. Computer literacy was a major part of the work day along with a professional level of communication required.
typical call center
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 31, 2018
Cubicle seating, day starts promptly varied day to day from incoming calls or making out going calls. two 15 min breaks and one hour for lunch. they are a production based company that hinges on each employee making a certain amount of calls, and collecting a certain amount.
Disgusted
Account Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 31, 2018
One word describes this place a ZOO no exaggeration ! This place is unsanitary mangers will attack you personally if they are in a mood, and Honestly worse place don't walk away RUN!
Unfair and favoritism
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Management was unfair and had their favorites. If you weren't a favorite you weren't treated the same. When I was terminated I never received a 1st warning or even a meeting about what happened I was just automatically terminated.
No compassion and no raises
Insurance Follow-up Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 12, 2017
They treat everyone like children, not allowed to eat anything at your desk even a piece of candy. If you have health issues & miss work or are late they will cut your hours. If you meet your goal for money coming in one month they'll double it, or more, for the next month and more sure there is no chance you can reach it. Raises are non existent, unless you actually manage to get promoted, because of the offer of bonuses and prizes every month. The benefits are expensive. They go by a 35 hour work week which they didn't mention at the time of interview or when making the job offer.
Pros
my immediate supervisor is really nice and supportive
Cons
everything
summary
Senior Tax Collector (Former Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 11, 2017
you work, and there is no advancement. As soon as you start earning enough money they change the bonus and goals for your team. It is a good job to get some money but the stress is not worth it
This was the worst job i ever had in my life!!
Collector (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 14, 2017
i was treated very poorly, the manager made sure i knew every day that he did not like me bc i am white! he would reprimand me for going to the bathroom, had a death in my family and was argued with when i asked to leave, if i sneezed to loud i was getting written up, i would talk to myself at my desk and was pulled into the office for saying things to myself, this was the worst place to work, i would never tell anyone to work here, management is horrible, you were only paid $9/10 an hour, for the stuff you put up with a million would not have been enough!
Pros
Cons
the entire job was a horrible experience
Good place to make more than retail/fast food
Collector (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 31, 2017
Very busy job, not easy if you are easily stressed. Lots of accounts to work, you never get bored. Pay is better than you make in other entry level positions. Always 35 hours a week so you don't deal with your hours being cut. I never made less than 35 hours a week and sometimes got 40 hours. Really awesome coworkers who have fun. They do have openings for promotions but you might be the one to get picked for the promotion. Downtown location is rough but parking is nextdoor and free.
Pros
Pto, paid holidays, no nights, mostly no weekends
Cons
downtown reading, not 40 hours
Unsatisfactory Management
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 2, 2017
First off, company does not offer pay raises to the workers. They believe since they offer an unobtainable monthly bonus they don't offer annual pay raises. Starting pay is varied on what they feel like paying you at the moment. Management cares about management. They get high praises from the owners but the workers are the ones doing the grunt work and not even a simple thank you or acknowledgement of the hard work they put it. Secondly, the management is extremely unprofessional. You're in a call center environment and management yells across the room to discuss accounts. Would not recommend a friend to work here.
Pros
Healthcare, Pto
Cons
Bad management, unprofessional
Tiring and stressful
Customer Service Representative/Collections (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 25, 2017
Yes , some of your coworkers and one manager named Frank are cool , but management don't care about you personally , you can't even take a day off if your baby is sick , you get no raise , ever. And yes you get a bonus check if you hit 120% of your goal but they make it hard for you to do so by letting other collectors take your accounts. They have nice lil contests monthly but its not worth the headache that you not only get from the debtors on the phone but the stress from your management and co workers is unbearable. I worked there a year n a month exactly , and new people were coming in making more money then me from the jump for no reason smh so I quit today because im over it and I just need more money.
Pros
Monthly contests, bonuses
Cons
No respect, care, or support
this job keeps you busy all day long
Collector- making phone (Current Employee) –  Reading, PA 19601April 22, 2017
they gave me a job when I needed it most. I have moved from Collector to Client Services Rep. I have learned about collecting money from people. the workplace culture is demanding. the hardest part of the job is knowing all management and supervisors are watching your every move.
Communication
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2016
Great workplace and great people. Commutation sometimes was confusing because our main office was in Reading, PA. The corporate office came here to Columbus, Ohio to train the Ohio office, but there wasn't the best communication. A lot of different people came to the Ohio to help train us, but with all of the people helping us train, us workers were still confused as to what out job was and if we were doing our jobs correctly.
Benefits
Cons
Communcation
Work
Graphic Designer (Freelance) (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 22, 2016
I only worked there for a week, during xmas holidays. It was very slow and the staff would gossip while working. I was comfortable in an office room by myself working on my design but the co-workers aren't the best there. I was glad that the boss liked my design.
Bad place to work
Collector (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 14, 2016
Make daily collections calls from 150-200+ per day. This company doesn't offer much training or resources. I found the management to be shockingly unprofessional and lazy. The collection agents there try hard but it is really overshadowed by bad management. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a manger from the east coast that finds it necessary to review my work on the daily. she continually harasses me and is trying to get me fired. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you hit your goal , or when you clock out on five on Friday and don't have to come back till Monday. this company doesn't offer overtime but you do work weekends. this is done by cutting your regular work week hours. they also know it produces no money but they feel that its just worth it.
Pros
its a paycheck.
Cons
you have to sell your soul.