ArcBest Employee Reviews

Relaxed and traditional workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 21, 2018
I was just a student worker so I didn't have very high pay or any benefits, but the work environment was very relaxed and patient. It was a good work experience.
Nice Place to work
Truckload Fufillment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 30, 2018
ArcBest is a great place to work, but I felt like I wouldn't be able to advance or move from the department I was hired into. There are some people who get promoted, but very few.
Flexible Work Schedule with A Great Company Atmosphere
Accounts Payable Specialist - Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 22, 2018
It is one of the company's priorities to put school above career. This makes the managers very understanding when you need to take time off to study for big tests, etc. They also seem very understanding of family issues.
Fun and energetic setting.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 21, 2018
Small office with great interaction among colleagues. Worked together and assisted each other to make sure the work was done and transitioned easily to the second shift. Although profitable and performance goals were met the IL office was closed in March 2018.
Cons
Lack of support from outside management
Good company
3x Sales Excellence (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 21, 2018
solid experience to work for this company. I would highly reccomend it, but be prepared to sacrifice your time after hours if in sales. it is not always a 9-5
Caters to young people
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 18, 2018
If you're young and recently graduated college, you'll like it. They take care of their new employees. Seasoned employees though, not so much. They reward/promote the young over the experienced older people. Very poor management. Don't promote based on experience or quality, promote based on who you know, who your friends are. Don't make workers accountable for mistakes or being on time. A good work ethic is not appreciated. In fact, if you're very personable, the less work you have to do and you get rewarded. the less work you do and friendlier you are, the more likely you'll move up.
Pros
Jeans on Fridays
Cons
Poor management all the way up
growing phase
Station Manager Chicago (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 28, 2018
Arcbest is a customer oriented company in the process of implementing new strategies and an enhanced market approach,
with all changes being implemented there are some growing pains but i am sure they will succeed.
Pros
benefits, work life balance
Cons
communication
Great company
Customer Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 22, 2018
Health insurance premiums and benefits are fantastic, flexibility of management is good, compensation is some of the highest in my area. Hiring practices are strict.
Student worker
Database COE / Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 22, 2018
Worked there as a student worker and went on part time after I graduated. They kept me on knowing I was searching for jobs outside the company where I could do Mechanical Design work. As a part time worker they did not compensate well for the quality and type of work I was contributing.
Not what you would expect
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsMarch 5, 2018
Typical day, you look for non-existent customers. In the Texas office you more or less find what is left behind. Heard its similar to the Arkansas ones.
Learned how to quote different shipments and equipment. Lots of different logistics terms and experience.
Management sometimes doesn't assist with what you need. Very vague when it comes to progressive questions. Shut you down quickly when you have ideas. Like other establishments, if you don''t bring in money, they don't make money. That would always push them to push you more without any real gratitude. The overall hush hush tones every manager would have is what annoyed everyone the most. Turnover is high. The workplace is toxic, cut throat, and undesirable to work with.
Hardest part was working with a culture that always changed because of the failings of upper management and the animosity in the air. Everyone was upset and there only because they are searching positions elsewhere. This position is not what you think it is. Those who get territories in the middle of no where, will have no help from their outside reps. They pay handsomely but the work is not worth it.

The most enjoyable part was learning the logistics field.
Pros
Pay, time off
Cons
Toxic people, animosity
Competitive, great Benefits
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Leader in the Expedited market, can be a very good place to work. Lack of management skills in some parts of the company, but overall laid back and fast atmosphere at Panther. Cannot be the cost and level of health insurance anywhere. PTO is very fair and competitive. Great balance of work and personal life. Big draw back, hard to advance and lower than market value pay.
Pros
Health Care, Environment
Cons
Pay and advancement
Illegal practices
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 5, 2018
If you want to work for a company that does nothing for their employees, ArcBest is the place for you. Every week I worked overtime and every week they changed my hours. Every month I met my quotas and every month they made changes that took away my commission. The insurance is also a joke. There isn’t a single dentist within 500 miles that is in-network. My daughter had to be rushed to the ER and the insurance company (contracted out by choice benefits) is refusing to pay. I was never valued as an employee and was only offered increased salary and a better position as a bride to try and get me to stay after I put in my two weeks notice. There is literally no morale and everyone there looks like a sad, beaten little puppy.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Good company depends on individual manager
Accounting/Tax/Audit (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 27, 2017
Good company your happiness will depend on your manager. Not much else to tell, company going through some changes but still solid company. If looking for a job in fort smith area, ArcBest is good.
productive
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  FAYETTEVILLE, ARNovember 8, 2017
Arc best is a professionally ran office. They are very in tune with their customers and want to provide the best customer service possible. They move a lot of freight for many different types of customers and try at all times to provide them with the best most current customer service options at all times. The staff is very friendly and family oriented. Over all a great company to work for. If they would of had an office where I moved to I would still be working for them today.
Transportation company very competiive
Casualty Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 6, 2017
Company recently restructured. Not many opportunities to advance your career unless you know someone from the Fort Smith area. Pay is not as competitive as it could be for the area.
Pros
Benefts
Cons
Lack of career growth
ArcBest Review
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at ArcBest but the third shift lifestyle was just not for me. I enjoyed the Life Sciences team and the fast-paced atmosphere of first shift when I worked it.
Pros
Great benefits and insurance, lots of employee involvement for first and second shift
Cons
no connection to drivers, better pay for dispatchers
excellent work experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR 72903June 13, 2017
This is company is run by people of integrity, honesty and Christian values. I know each board member personally. All exude honesty, sincerity and the commitment to make this company even greater. They treat employees better than any other company.
Pros
Honest.
Cons
no cons.
Well paid treated well
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 12, 2017
Strong company paid well benefits are great can provide for my family I have a sense of pride in the green machine the equipment is top rated supervisor is easygoing take pride in my job
Excellent company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 3, 2017
Excellent company. Fast paces environment with consistent challenges and opportunity for success. Familial company with outstanding benefits and good people.
Carrier Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 3, 2017
This is a good place to work. They really care about the people that work for them. They are a very large company with several campuses all of over the US