ArcBest Employee Reviews

Great Starting Place
Student Worker-Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 9, 2018
ArcBest in Medina, Ohio is a great company to work for when you are just starting out. You will learn a lot and have plenty of opportunities to advance. Unfortunately, the pay this not the best. Overall is have a great work environment.
Excellent leadership and opportunities
Regional Vice President Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 1, 2018
Enjoyed my many years at ARCB multiple opportunities to increase responsibility and promotion Customer driven Great leadership and benefits Advancement to whatever level supported
Pros
Salary/teamwork/support
It was okay.
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 9, 2018
Arcbest is okay to work for. Didn't really love it, but its a paycheck. There was not much of a family feel and everyone just kind of looked after themselves. As an intern I didn't really feel impressed or welcomed.
Account manager
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 27, 2018
Good company, willing to promote if you are willing to switch between operations and sales. Union drivers hurt the company and make it hard to be competitive.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No sense of urgency
Everyone was very friendly
SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 18, 2018
I would go in and work on projects for my team and everyone was very talkative and easy to communicate with. If I struggled with something my team went out of their way to help me.
Productive and okay culture
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 1, 2018
It is a relaxing environment but can be stressful at times. It really depends on which department you are working in. In IT, it is really fast paced. The management is okay. Not many progressive managers.
Relaxed and traditional workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 21, 2018
I was just a student worker so I didn't have very high pay or any benefits, but the work environment was very relaxed and patient. It was a good work experience.
Nice Place to work
Truckload Fufillment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 30, 2018
ArcBest is a great place to work, but I felt like I wouldn't be able to advance or move from the department I was hired into. There are some people who get promoted, but very few.
Flexible Work Schedule with A Great Company Atmosphere
Accounts Payable Specialist - Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 22, 2018
It is one of the company's priorities to put school above career. This makes the managers very understanding when you need to take time off to study for big tests, etc. They also seem very understanding of family issues.
Fun and energetic setting.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 21, 2018
Small office with great interaction among colleagues. Worked together and assisted each other to make sure the work was done and transitioned easily to the second shift. Although profitable and performance goals were met the IL office was closed in March 2018.
Cons
Lack of support from outside management
Good company
3x Sales Excellence (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 21, 2018
solid experience to work for this company. I would highly reccomend it, but be prepared to sacrifice your time after hours if in sales. it is not always a 9-5
fast paced competitive
Dispatcher and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medina, OH 44256April 24, 2018
typical work day consisted of setting up customer expedited shipments and dispatch them and follow them to completion and deal with any problems along the way.
Pros
competitive pay over time offered great benefits and wonderful drivers
Cons
poor management
Caters to young people
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 18, 2018
If you're young and recently graduated college, you'll like it. They take care of their new employees. Seasoned employees though, not so much. They reward/promote the young over the experienced older people. Very poor management. Don't promote based on experience or quality, promote based on who you know, who your friends are. Don't make workers accountable for mistakes or being on time. A good work ethic is not appreciated. In fact, if you're very personable, the less work you have to do and you get rewarded. the less work you do and friendlier you are, the more likely you'll move up.
Pros
Jeans on Fridays
Cons
Poor management all the way up
growing phase
Station Manager Chicago (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 28, 2018
Arcbest is a customer oriented company in the process of implementing new strategies and an enhanced market approach,
with all changes being implemented there are some growing pains but i am sure they will succeed.
Pros
benefits, work life balance
Cons
communication
Great company
Customer Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 22, 2018
Health insurance premiums and benefits are fantastic, flexibility of management is good, compensation is some of the highest in my area. Hiring practices are strict.
Student worker
Database COE / Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 22, 2018
Worked there as a student worker and went on part time after I graduated. They kept me on knowing I was searching for jobs outside the company where I could do Mechanical Design work. As a part time worker they did not compensate well for the quality and type of work I was contributing.
Not what you would expect
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsMarch 5, 2018
Typical day, you look for non-existent customers. In the Texas office you more or less find what is left behind. Heard its similar to the Arkansas ones.
Learned how to quote different shipments and equipment. Lots of different logistics terms and experience.
Management sometimes doesn't assist with what you need. Very vague when it comes to progressive questions. Shut you down quickly when you have ideas. Like other establishments, if you don''t bring in money, they don't make money. That would always push them to push you more without any real gratitude. The overall hush hush tones every manager would have is what annoyed everyone the most. Turnover is high. The workplace is toxic, cut throat, and undesirable to work with.
Hardest part was working with a culture that always changed because of the failings of upper management and the animosity in the air. Everyone was upset and there only because they are searching positions elsewhere. This position is not what you think it is. Those who get territories in the middle of no where, will have no help from their outside reps. They pay handsomely but the work is not worth it.

The most enjoyable part was learning the logistics field.
Pros
Pay, time off
Cons
Toxic people, animosity
Insurance is great - rest needs little improvement
Truck Load Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Insurance is great - rest needs little improvement
Best insurance, I've had, but the compensation is below what other's pay. Management tries to do a good job, there seems to be a lack of real coaching and mentoring.
Plano office is full of good people, and almost everyone is very friendly and well meaning.
Pros
insurance
Cons
pay scale and mentoring
Dock Worker
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 14, 2018
Basically you come in and you find a forklift and then you will have a meeting everyday before the shift starts. Me normally I get a lot of really ugly freight but you might get lucky and get something nicer then I would get. I hate some of the supervisors and there is one supervisor there that shouldn't even be a supervisor let alone be on the dock. If you get hired there you will know who I am talking about
Pros
Pay
Cons
management, supervisor, lack of hours, and about anything else
Competitive, great Benefits
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Leader in the Expedited market, can be a very good place to work. Lack of management skills in some parts of the company, but overall laid back and fast atmosphere at Panther. Cannot be the cost and level of health insurance anywhere. PTO is very fair and competitive. Great balance of work and personal life. Big draw back, hard to advance and lower than market value pay.
Pros
Health Care, Environment
Cons
Pay and advancement