ArcelorMittal Employee Reviews

Found 354 reviews matching the search See all 2,174 reviews
filthy dirty place to work dangerous to a persons health
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Monessen, PAMarch 2, 2019
would never go back to working in any environment that is filled with so many hazards to one's health. Forced to work double shifts too many days in a row
Pros
Cons
forced to work too many hours health hazard
Shift manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INFebruary 28, 2019
The place is very racist and the good old boy network senior managers have no managment skills and micromanage there is no responsibility taken by union or managment and it's like being in high school managers disclose privite info to other managers and union very unprofessional and you have to be liked to move up
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment is horrible
Each Department treated differently
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVFebruary 18, 2019
Corp does not want to put money into mill; prefer quick/temp fixes instead of spending $$$ for perm solutions. Depending on supervisor, some depts. flex schedules while others are not.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of leadership
Miner
Miner Operator (Current Employee) –  Gary, WVFebruary 3, 2019
I run the continuous miner for one of the companies mining operations and I enjoy my job. The men I work with are hard workers and friendly. Management is understanding if you have a family situation they will allow you time if it’s needed.
Benefits
good benifits
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJanuary 31, 2019
this company has great benefits and flexible hours which can suit your life style. safety is very important in this company and it shows care and concern for its employees
Challenging job with working between sales and the customers
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 24, 2019
A very interactive job, working with different members of the sales teams throughout the country. Satisfying the customers needs is rewarding. Ability to work on your own with little supervision.
Pros
Working under very little supervision. Ability to get a lot accomplished .
Cons
Office environment is dusty from warehouse filled with steel plates.
Friendly people
Intern (Former Employee) –  MoselleJanuary 20, 2019
great management
open minded people
they treat every employee with respect
they give interns real projects
I gained a lot of skills and experience
Friendly team
Qualified Software Engineers that are willing to help and supervise interns
Everyone was competitive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INJanuary 18, 2019
A good competitive place to work, a bit cut thought, be careful of what you do, bosses are always watching through the camera, some down time, and sometimes free lunch.
Good Place to Work
Electrical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Good place to work, able to provide for my family. The company offered outstanding benefits and training. I had great co-workers. The job paid well.
Benefits
Cons
Long work hours
Marion, supervisors are the worst I've ever seen
Welder (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 10, 2019
A typical day at a steel plant anyone that has worked in one has a good idea on what to expect. What have I learned working here? I learned that the training they offer is not all that good and in management eyes they like to make most people incompetent or that's the way the supervisors like to make you feel. Management? All i can say is they take care of there own!!! Workplace culture? Good people trying to do there jobs the best the can and then you have the good ole boys that get what they want. Hardest part of my job? Dealing with the supervisor!! The most enjoyable part of the job? Watching the supervisor flip out when the mill will not run after he has finger fu( everyone's work space...
Pros
healthcare
Cons
know it all supervisors

Want to know more about ArcelorMittal?

Ask a question
Fast paced many times
Maintenance Technician Mechanical (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INJanuary 7, 2019
Was a great experience, great benefits as I had family to raise. Exposed to danger constantly, but nonetheless, a great experience. Most of management seemed competant, though there where some who did not seem to have a clue of what they were doing, or how to deal with different egos.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Working conditions
General
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling Hts, MIJanuary 4, 2019
This is a good company to work for. The company offers a lot of on-line training at its "ArcelorMittal university" and regular e-mails of new on-line content is given.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Great workplace
Helpdesk Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INJanuary 3, 2019
This is a great place to work, people place all work together to get the job done. Great place for advancement to move and learn more about the industry
Union Job
Millwright (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INDecember 27, 2018
Union Job = good benefits, decent salary.
Must be willing to work hard in adverse conditions. 100 + degree whether in summer, often up to 20 below zero in winter, as you are right on Lake Michigan.
Pros
Union Job
Cons
Can be difficult working in extreme whether
Supportive Work Environment
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INDecember 19, 2018
Overall working with ArcelorMittal as a human resources intern was a good experience. I felt like my input was valued even though I was just an intern. I was trusted with more responsibilities than expected and felt I could ask for help when needed. The actual job kept me busy and interested in the work itself.
Pros
Chances for advancement
Cons
Good
Melt Shop Lead (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 14, 2018
Good place to work it's very hot but I really liked the environment it is swing shift work but all in all it is a great place to work ................
Great place
Electrical Manager (Current Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INDecember 10, 2018
great stepping stone for someone looking for career advancement. I am a manager and they give you full freedom to perform tasks and duties. Would be the perfect job if pay was better.
Great place to work with a solid future
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INDecember 3, 2018
Work as an engineer is fulfilling. We have great challenges to stay viable in the near future as mini mills continue to threaten integrated mills. We are making large investments in new equipment and process to ensure the future.
Pros
Plenty of work as an engineer
Cons
Health benefits could be better
Fair entry level career opportunity
Process Manager (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INDecember 3, 2018
As an experienced manager and administrator in a structured environment, I found the work culture in a steel mill environment to be counter productive and was not beneficial to me professionally aside from learning about the stark differences in workplace culture. There is much to be learned from that experience.

Hardest part of the job:
If you understand the culture in this environment it is reactionary based and not always proactively managed, despite the best efforts of managers and supervisors to institute proactive programs. The reality is that lack of accountability culture and the inability to affect positive change in this environment, plus no upward advancement opportunities equated to no job satisfaction for me personally and was the reason I sought employment elsewhere.

Most enjoyable part of job:
Overall, I met a some sincere employees and good people, but there are exceptions to that rule no matter where you work.
Pros
Valuable job experiences, good for entry level opportunities
Cons
Work place culture
Good place to work but some politics that can be annoying
Manager IT (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INDecember 2, 2018
Need new blood as the work force is aging and retiring quickly. Most of the folks are great but for IT it is a service department and is unable to lead change at this time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ArcelorMittal. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight