ArcelorMittal Employee Reviews

Not a green and clean job
Heat treater (Former Employee) –  Steelton, PAJuly 17, 2018
Good salary good benifits but dangerous place to be employed at someone always getting hurt people always on cell phones not doing there jobs making it dangerous for everyone working there supervisors doing nothing to correct problem
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Poor maneagement
Decent wage scale, management lacks
Quench & Temper Manager (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 3, 2018
Mamagement lacks vision. Unwilling to invest, equipment old and outdated. Wage is respectable, some benefits lacking, medical for salary folks is the weakest are. Union employes can be difficult and stressful to work with .
Transport Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 27, 2018
Management is a salary position which creates a lot of resentment towards the hourly position workers creating a very stressful work environment. Most hourly workers make more than their supervisors.
Pros
Med center on site
Cons
Harsh conditions
Overcoming Challenges
PROCESS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INJune 26, 2018
The time invested at AM provided valuable insight into working as a group, not in silos, to move the organization forward to be the best in the industry locally and globally.
Many of the challenging daily tasks consisted of addressing obstacles (animate or inanimate) which impede the safety, quality and production of my unit would leave me exhausted by the end of the shift or the day. Knowing that if resolutions did not manifest themselves by/in some form or fashion, the compounding factor for the next day proved greater.
In order to overcome victoriously, requires everyone with knowledge of the process(es) to contribute--hourly and salaried employees. Sometimes people cause more difficulty than the process. However, when personalities, egos and attitudes have dissipated and everyone has exhaled, getting back to the issue at hand and finally solving the problem creates the most gratifying feeling ever.
Pros
beginning to embrace a flexible work schedule for those with small children or aging /ailing parents
Cons
we tend revert back to silos and old ways of thinking to resolve issues.
Fast Paced, Work can be tough, but rewarding. Scary at times.
Iron Producing Process Manager (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INJune 22, 2018
Typical work day consisted of a safety meeting followed by a maintenance meeting, then an operations review meeting which included quality. Following the meetings the work day actually started...
Pros
Pay, time off
Cons
Company does not foster career advancement
Troubleshooting Technical issues for users.
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INMay 28, 2018
Deal with users daily in person or over the phone and remotely in multiple locations to resolve Hardware and Software issues. Setup, Configure, imaging new systems , backing up data, restoring information. Locking and unlocking accounts. Capturing data in a Service Now ticketing system.
Pros
Constantly busy
Cons
Users Honesty
Work every day about 12 days off per year
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Shelby, OHMay 21, 2018
The pay and benefits are good but you live Thier. You work 7 days per week and get moved from shift to shift on a weekly basis. If you value time with your family do not work here. If you don't have a family life and just want to make money this is the place for you.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
No time off, always moving from shift to shift
loud,dirty and very dangerous
Senior Operator, #3 & #4 Blast Furnace (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INMay 21, 2018
if your looking to make a lot of money and could care less about a family life this is the place for you. you will work long hours and almost all holidays and weekends however you will be able to buy anything you want as a single man or woman .
Pros
finaces
Cons
lack of a real life
A real drag
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calvert, ALMay 17, 2018
Management is so poor that even a laid back job will make you pull your hair out. Pure incompetence will lead you to the end of you rope. There is no clear path to promotion. Policies are so vague the cant be enforced. Merit is never rewarded. New visions, directions, and cultural changes are made monthly. You'll never know which way your going.
Pros
Entry Level Hr pay is good. Benefits
Cons
Poorly Management. Severe Lack Of Competency.
ArcelorMittal
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INMay 9, 2018
I interned over a summer at the East Chicago, IN location. A typical day consisted of a morning meeting. I worked in maintenance and the management that I received was horrible. My supervisor was not a people person so he would barely talk to me. I had to go to other parts of the plant to be given work to do because he would give me easy work that I would finish quickly. My manager was rude and wanted me to cut my hair off and was not in communication with my supervisor which led to unpleasant encounters. This was an awful experience and would not recommend #2 Steel Producing area of the plant to anyone.
Capstone project
Smart Camera to Measure Coil Diameter project (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMay 8, 2018
Honestly I don't know, I have this job as my capstone project. It was developed a smart camera.Good experience. The people are nice there. willing to show us around at the plant. and the location is very close to Chicago IL. pretty good route to chill after work
Pros
good experience
Cons
nothing
company culture was not a fit
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INApril 29, 2018
Company does not practice work life balance; very stressful and demanding job. In my role responsible for many areas which I do not have any control over.
Cons
very stressful / no work life balance
Good Experience, limited technical growth
Engineer for M.E.U. - Process Automation Group (Current Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INApril 29, 2018
The work culture can be hard to adjust to, workers can be very jaded. The scale of the operation is exciting however. Management is always open to project ideas. Technical workers tend to get pigeon-holed into their position, limiting growth.
Pros
Operation size, project capabilities
Cons
Negative culture
The leadership team is great
Manufacturing Technician / Weld (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 29, 2018
I love ARCELORMITTAL tailored blanks Detroit if you can get a job there your lucky, they promote from within and there automation is state of the art.
Pros
Company buys us lunch from royals on a daily
Cons
None yet
Management Woes
Engineer (Former Employee) –  OHApril 25, 2018
I heard good things at other facilities. Working at a small satellite facility for this company offered little growth and poor organization. Management was inexperienced and lacked direction.
Dangerous
Tool and Roll Line Leader, (Former Employee) –  shelby ohioMarch 30, 2018
7 days a week. Long hrs, very loud. I did enjoy my job, I was always on the move. Some thing different to do every day. I had to problem solve for others.
fast paced
Process Engineer/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INMarch 27, 2018
Working for Arcelor Mittal is a intense fast paced work environment.
Most management is fair and reasonable. Days can be long and stress filled but also rewarding.
Its ok
Operating Technician (Current Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMarch 27, 2018
Great pay. But workers act like it's highschool and the bosses are nimrods. Lots of "drama" and rumor spreading. Not a good place if you just want to work make money and go home
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Old men acting like highschool chearleaders
good job
Corporate Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pioneer, OHMarch 21, 2018
good job should have stayed A+++ place to work. I got the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects across many countries and work with some fantastic people.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
better wages
typical steel mill
Roll Surface Tech (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMarch 21, 2018
A good place to work but it is very dangerious big machinery and heavy equiptment so you have to be very careful of surrondings. but you can earn a very good living in a union shop atmosphere with good benefits.but 12 hr. shifts and vertually no control of days and or shifts worked.
Pros
union shop full medical benefits
Cons
must work any shift any day of week