Arch Coal
Arch Coal Employee Review

Arch Coal Roofbolter Review - I really enjoyed working for and with this company

December 13, 2019
This company understood when I needed the time off when my baby was born and worked with me to ensure my happiness and to ensure that I was able to be there for my wife and my child during the time of his birth. They are a place that you can grow with a job. I felt as though I learned more than my position while I worked there. Very clean and professional work environment
August 15, 2018
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) - Eccles, WV
Production is the bottom line. Yes you get paid well and have good benefits. However, they do not care to keep you there once you’re there in a daily basis. If something needs done then you’re stuck. Everyone is out for themselves.
Pros
Pay, vacation time, benefits
Cons
Long hard hours
June 4, 2016
Underground Miner Botler (Former Employee) - Eccles, WV
Loved working at this company until got layed off. Loved working in this industry and would like to find another job doing what I love to do mine coal. Nothing really hard about this job, I enjoyed mining coal. Co-workers treated me like one of their own. Never dealt much with management.
December 27, 2015
Underground Equipment Operator (Current Employee) - Eccles, WV
You are a number, an expendable number. You are pushed to break the law and put your family and life on the back burner. ICG used to own alot of the mines and was a decent personable company to work for. Arch will lay you off, will cut your pay and will cancel your plans with your family for you and if you dont like it, "there are thousands of guys willing to do your job right now."
  1. I really enjoyed working for and with this company