Arch Coal
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Arch Coal

Arch Coal Employee Review

Arch Coal Roofbolter Review - I really enjoyed working for and with this company

This company understood when I needed the time off when my baby was born and worked with me to ensure my happiness and to ensure that I was able to be there for my wife and my child during the time of his birth. They are a place that you can grow with a job. I felt as though I learned more than my position while I worked there. Very clean and professional work environment

5.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Production summarizes it

Production is the bottom line. Yes you get paid well and have good benefits. However, they do not care to keep you there once you’re there in a daily basis. If something needs done then you’re stuck. Everyone is out for themselves.

Pros

Pay, vacation time, benefits

Cons

Long hard hours

Great Work Experience

Loved working at this company until got layed off. Loved working in this industry and would like to find another job doing what I love to do mine coal. Nothing really hard about this job, I enjoyed mining coal. Co-workers treated me like one of their own. Never dealt much with management.

Horrible place to work

You are a number, an expendable number. You are pushed to break the law and put your family and life on the back burner. ICG used to own alot of the mines and was a decent personable company to work for. Arch will lay you off, will cut your pay and will cancel your plans with your family for you and if you dont like it, "there are thousands of guys willing to do your job right now."

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arch Coal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Arch Coal with

• Arch Coal
  • I really enjoyed working for and with this company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?