Arch Coal
Arch Coal Employee Review

Arch Coal Shuttle Car Operator Review - Great

November 19, 2019
Great company to work for, benefits and pay as well as vacation days and personal days no negativity about the company very safety forward all you have to do is show up and want to work.
April 1, 2021
Same role
Roof Bolter Operator (Former Employee) - Philippi, WV
Don’t even waste ur time with an application to arch coal. The money u will make does and will not outway the stress, pain, and misery that comes from being a miner for this company. I have spent 13 years underground and by far arch is the worst company I have worked for. You will not be an employee, you will be considered and used as an animal. God help you if you land on the midnight shift. Production shifts can get away with anything. It’s midnights job to clean up there mess, plus tolerate all the demeaning that you will get because your on midnight. Find a better to make a living for your family’s sake and yours. There are better options out there and I took them back in September 2020. I have a better quality of life now not being in the mines. The choice is yours. Don’t let your choice be Arch.
Pros
Not even the pay is a pro!!!!
Cons
Too miserable of a way to make a living
February 12, 2020
Same role
Ballast rail, working as scoop operator, shuttle car operator, shield man (Former Employee) - Creve Coeur, MO
Not a bad company to work for most of the time. Depending on what location you're at. They pride on safety. Learned alot about machinery as well as mine safety training classes.
October 23, 2018
Same location
Roof Bolter Operator maintances (Former Employee) - Beckley, WV
It wasn’t the best place to work my stuff got stolen and everything they would tell you that you would have the weeken off then change it at the end of the week we u already had plans so u had to cancel and make your kids upset