Arch Coal
Arch Coal Employee Review

Arch Coal Surveyor Review - Excellent

August 28, 2019
I loved working for Arch. Treated their employees fairly and cared about the work they done. Upon starting my job, I felt as if I was part of the family from day one and could talk to management about anything.
August 9, 2017
Same location
Electrician (Current Employee) - Holmes Mill, KY
Good pay, benefits,etc.... Job security is gone. About to sell out. Or shut down one of the two. I've worked there eight years and the last 5 has been a roller coaster ride
April 1, 2021
Roof Bolter Operator (Former Employee) - Philippi, WV
Don’t even waste ur time with an application to arch coal. The money u will make does and will not outway the stress, pain, and misery that comes from being a miner for this company. I have spent 13 years underground and by far arch is the worst company I have worked for. You will not be an employee, you will be considered and used as an animal. God help you if you land on the midnight shift. Production shifts can get away with anything. It’s midnights job to clean up there mess, plus tolerate all the demeaning that you will get because your on midnight. Find a better to make a living for your family’s sake and yours. There are better options out there and I took them back in September 2020. I have a better quality of life now not being in the mines. The choice is yours. Don’t let your choice be Arch.
Pros
Not even the pay is a pro!!!!
Cons
Too miserable of a way to make a living
January 7, 2021
Mine technician (Former Employee) - Williamsville, IL
Learn a lot in a short time, great co-worker environment as well as exceptional work ethic among the employees. I recommend anyone who's not afraid of hard work to apply.