Arch Coal
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Arch Coal

Arch Coal Employee Review

Arch Coal Buyer I - Accounts Payable Review - Great Opportunity

Great company to work for, plenty of advancement opportunities, work life balance, awesome benefits, flexible hours, labor intensive however very rewarding.

Pros

Competitive Wages

Cons

On Call 24/7

5.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Terrible Management

Warehouse Technicians are treated the worst out of every department. Upon hire you are to pass a hair folical test, (which is fine). Pass a "Extreame back ground check. (You will be recieving and issueing explosives, also not bad.) Most Miners have repulsive and disrespectful behavior towards you. Simply because your not one of them. Management expects an absolute perfect robot when it comes to inventory. Nobody steps up to train you. I was told "sink or swim" by a Lead Warehouse Tech. and other co-workers. There was no leadership at all. The Warehouse Manager would absolutely neglect the Warehouse Personel. Treats you like your worthless. And completely fails at communicating person to person. But loves to slap a packet on the counter and disapear to his office. Where he constantly watches everybodies move on camera. To the point your always uncomfortable. You are expected to work your entire shift non-stop. Lord forbid you stop for your lunch break, or a break at all. The moment you attempt to make a HR report. You are then on a chopping block. Looking to be fired for any reason they can come up with.

Pros

Only work 14 days a month, still make a okay wage.

Cons

No lunch, pitiful management, there is no respect.

Tough enviroment

Company preaches safety but is not always committed to doing the hard work to be successful. Management has to be %100 onboard and support those who work to make the mines safer.

great place to work

I have loved working for arch coal.I have worked here two different occasions From 1995 to 2000 and I returned here in 2010 My intention was to stay till retirement. The coal market has changed that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arch Coal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits