ARCH Employee Reviews

A very rewarding experience working at ARCH.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 22, 2018
This job gives purpose to my life and working part time avoids burnout. Helping others find a place to live so they can go on with their lives is very exciting.
Pros
closed for lunch, great co-workers, compassionate employer
Cons
We may not have enough grant money to help everyone with their needs.
Residential Sefvice Provider II
Residential Services Provider II (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 5, 2018
Worst job I have EVER had...Management is a flat out joke. I worked there for over a year. NOT recommend anyone to work there. My time there was for a little over a year. A lot of back biting and negative things said about other employees. Management doesn't care at ALL about their employees !!!!! Only good part of the job is the residents. At times I have seen the resident done so wrong and no one cares about their well being. They have a contract to house Veterans and they do nothing to help them.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Fast pace, rewarding place to work.
Residential Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 12, 2018
The workplace environment was very on the go and shifts go by very quickly. A wonderful place to gain experience in human services and give back to the community. I would highly recommend working at ARCH.
Pros
Wonderful administration. Rewarding job in that you serve those in need.
Cons
Emotionally trying at times.
Fun and productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2017
Company was very encouraging to their employees. There were always opportunities for growth. Location was great. Staff was very friendly. Would recommend to a friend.
Nice
Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLApril 17, 2017
I Liked it there. It was fun helpful learning environment. Friendly helpful staff, clean working environment. Well thought out approach. Just a great place over all. :)
Pros
lots
Cons
Amazing enviroment full of recovery and hope.
RSP2 - House Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 16, 2016
ARCH is a non-profit organization. I work at the homeless shelter known as the TRUST House. It's a dual recovery environment that deals with mental illness and substance abuse. I work closely with veterans. There is a daily message of hope that every resident receives.
Interpreter
Interpreting (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 11, 2016
The reason why i did this job is because it was flexible to my school schedule, theres not need for clocking in or out. The only time i would come and work would be when there had a patient for me. I would always come after class and maybe have one or two clients.
Pros
Flexible
Loved It Here
Children & Youth Services Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2015
This place is a home to its staff and participants. It was a great opportunity and I am grateful to have been apart of such a wonderful company.
Mortgage Loan Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 10, 2015
Current job duties include but not limited to; Electronically receive/review and process files of mortgage loan confidential documents, printing, scanning, faxing, etc
Work with Departments on the secure transmitting of documents.
Was a live/work situation.
Artist in Residence (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2015
Great arrangement for the time in which I was employed there, however my needs since I started have dramatically changed.
Good environment but long hours
House Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 7, 2014
The shift lasted for 24 hours, the management was good but they seem to ignore any issues with the residents
fun workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 31, 2014
The most enjoyable part about the job was when we played bingo and exercising, and to know I was making them feel goodabout there self.
Overall Experience at ARCH
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 5, 2012
ARCH was a great learning experience. It allowed me to help those who were in need. A typical day at work varied because each day was different. Most days were booked meeting with clients to assist them in their needs. Other days I would have to travel to different locations to do walk throughs for housing. Management was great gave me the freedom to do what I loved the most and that was help people. We were a family at ARCH. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help everyone who walked through the doors. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing families get a second chance to be independent.
Pros
great benefits, team work, great work ethic
Cons
not any really
Productive and busy work place
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2012
Greeted and conducted students and staff members arrived at Arch Center.
*Answered multiple phone lines, data entry, sorted incoming/ outgoing mail, faxes and mailing materials.
*Assisted with special projects, job fairs, talent shows, activities.
*Also photocopied students’ documentation, Birth Certificates, SSC, and ID.
*Transferred incoming phone calls to the appropriate staff members.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
no breaks
Productive, healthy, and fun environment
Head Activity Leader (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJuly 20, 2012
Offer mentoring services 30 to 40 freshman, sophomore, and junior summer school students
Coordinate teacher aide services for summer school classes
Coordinate healthy activities such as basketball, football, volleyball, tennis
Chaperone trips to the local YMCA, bowling alley, art museum, and other activities
Pros
academic study, field trips, snacks, sports, multicultural program
Fun learning environment
Construction Trainee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2012
A basic learning environment, starts off fast paced and stays that way throughout the day. ARCH made certain that you learned what was taught with hands on projects, constructing both simple and complex projects. The supervisors were both helpful and patient with the teaching process.