ArchCare Employee Reviews

Good salary & excellent senior leadership
HR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2019
Relatively new to the company and it has been a great experience so far. There's a lot to learn and the support has been good. Most leaders are fair and treat people well. Many are passionate about their roles.
Pros
Growth opportunity, good salary and excellent benefits
smooth and peaceful workplace
Community Service Worker (per diem) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 24, 2019
It was a pleasure to be part of the healt care team at Saint Vincent de Paul one of the ArchCare facility. it was a smooth and peaceful workplace and the management is very concern about the resident well being
Terrible work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Staff is mandated on a regular basis and threatened with abandonment if they try to refuse the assignment, management overlooks problems, minimal training, dangerous nurse to patient ratios, administrators treat staff like less than garbage
Pros
Union health benefits
Cons
everything else
Not a good choice for a professional
Utilization Management (Current Employee) –  Irving PlaceOctober 4, 2018
If you value your professional career this probably isn't the place for you. Chaos and disorganization abound. It's true there is a trainer for new employees but since processes aren't defined it's of little help in doing your job. Competent employees get frustrated and leave, the turnover is impressive and adds to the chaos. HR appears to have been given a directive to support employees, however, this seems to have resulted in them picking and choosing who to defend, beware if you get on the wrong side of an employee under their protection. Neutrality is non-existent if there is a problem. Licensed professionals should use extreme caution, do some research before making a commitment.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Work environment is chaotic and disheartening.
Not a good place to work
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
This place is a disgrace. Managers are not professionals they will not reveal the whole truth about anything and the entire staff is not professional. And when one is not being told the truth about the job or the salary one should not deal with an agency like that. Because if there is a hidden agenda than you can rest assure that you will not be a valued employee and you will be lied all along and not get what you want. The salary is a joke compare to the workload that a healthcare provider is being bombarded with. The medical benefits are bad that cover nothing and charge a lot for them. That's why its not beneficial to work for private agencies like this one because there is no future for you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything is bad the salary, medical benefits, lunch time, commute to work, travel reimbursement.
Extremely dissapointed
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Irving place nySeptember 18, 2018
Worst work experience encountered in my whole career. Due to toxic Sr. Mgr who no longer works here. HR does nothing to help your situation. Your only choice is to leave
Pros
Not much
Cons
Knowledge set back
September 25, 2018

We would like the opportunity to confidentiality address your concerns. I would ask that you reach out to Hugo Pizarro, SVP, Chief Experience Officer directly at (646) 633-4422.

Fun place to work
Community Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2018
Work life balance provided. The work culture is good; there is mutual respect and a good learning environment is provided. Also free coffee and snacks
Never felt like I was waiting my time
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2018
It was different, definitely a place to start if you want to get into a medical field. I learned a lot on how to work with elderly people. Definitely gain a tolerance with people, but I wouldn't suggest to purse this job if you can't work around the elderly and or disabled. I would come back to this job. I was an honor to help the needy and made me feel like a better person everyday knowing I helped someone.
Pros
Straight forward job
Very stressful
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYMay 23, 2018
i worked at archcare for almost 12 years it started out as a wonderful place until a new Corporation took over and they were very nasty to all of the employees especially the ones that had seniority the gossip and rumors there were terrible almost cost me my job, I was fired over something that they could have just councelled me on it was a honest mistake i was also a new nurse at the time,before that i was a cna, since then that was years ago the place has gone downhill there's nothing but agency staff in there they can't keep any regular staff anymore because the management is terrible they fired a lot of their senior staff that were there for 10 to 20 years it's just a terrible place to work
September 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a positive experience during your time at ArchCare. We’re always looking for ways to continue to improve in order to create the best internal support system for all Care Members.

Achieving excellence in a continuing changing market
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 9, 2018
The organization is changing from nursing home care to a diversified gerontological organization. At the same time is is moving from decentralization to centralization. Within this process, they are attempting to finance this process gingerly which is quite delicate. They could use more training and communication, but overall their message is understandable.
Working in this environment, one learns the rules of business while maintaining the quality of your role in care.
Pros
Dynamic organization, competitive salaries.
Cons
You must follow corporate initiatives with limited input.

Want to know more about ArchCare?

Ask a question
Awful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 8, 2018
Horrible training, no support, unsafe patient to nurse ratios (30:1nurse). Extremely stressful job and little time to orient (10 shifts). Impossible to take a break, terrible experience.
Cons
Extremely stict management
No comment very unhappy. No support. Bad training
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
very unhappy. Lack of support. Bad training. VERY LOW STAFFING. Long hours with no support from upper management. Very quick too judge. Cut throat. Technology is behind.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Productive, friendships, learning
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2018
From all my experiences working in USA ArchCare was the best place ever that I enjoyed the most. I didn't have any ideas on Medical recording, but people who worked there were so kind and patient to teach me every single thing that I had to know. I can say it's a learning and appropriate place to work. Unfortunately, I am not able to talk about compensation and benefits because it was a temporary job.
ArchCare is very recommended...

Corporate Office
Finance Pooled Trust Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
Working at the 205 Lexington Corporate Office is by far one of the best work environments I have ever worked. Everyone is professional and easy going. Most of the manager/Directors are not here to micro manage. They have built trust with employees which enables everyone to get their job done.
Pros
Awesome Holiday Party
Cons
Other facilities within ArchCare are very unprofessional
Large Building Large Responsibilities
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
TCC can consume the weak. Staffing was okay. Compensation was good. Hours are long and work isn't easy. You can advance if you "fit in". There is opportunity for overtime.
Pros
Compensation, Paid Leave
Cons
Don, Long hours, lack of team work
Organization not ready for home health
Director of Quality Improvement (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Organization new to the home health field and required much resources in skilled employees and was not on an EMR. I enjoyed the new challenges but found that much more support was needed in fixing and I could not make a positive difference.
Pros
mission
Cons
chaotic
Worst employment place
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Worst management place., racist and they know it but HR covers up everything. They simply don't want to accept the issue of minorities being held back. Jobs are given to friends and family without credentials. Don't waste your education and experience working at this horrible agency.
Good company for starting CNA's
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Archcare was the first CNA job I had after the state exam. I have mostly positive things to say about them. They compensate well, provide health insurance, and have team building or employee appreciation events. A few negatives are that they are normally short staffed, sometimes lack supplies you need to do your job.
Mission Driven Organization
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Rewarding non-profit work, great team environment, a lot of extra perks for employees.

Training sessions available and career advancement opportunity.
Run! Don't Just Walk Away...
Administration (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Worked at the corporate office for several months, one of the most ... cut·throat backstabbing staff you'll ever meet... If you ever have any misgivings about a system, this would be the company. Run, don't just walk away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ArchCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6