ArchCare Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Never felt like I was waiting my time
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2018
It was different, definitely a place to start if you want to get into a medical field. I learned a lot on how to work with elderly people. Definitely gain a tolerance with people, but I wouldn't suggest to purse this job if you can't work around the elderly and or disabled. I would come back to this job. I was an honor to help the needy and made me feel like a better person everyday knowing I helped someone.
Pros
Straight forward job
Very stressful
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYMay 23, 2018
i worked at archcare for almost 12 years it started out as a wonderful place until a new Corporation took over and they were very nasty to all of the employees especially the ones that had seniority the gossip and rumors there were terrible almost cost me my job, I was fired over something that they could have just councelled me on it was a honest mistake i was also a new nurse at the time,before that i was a cna, since then that was years ago the place has gone downhill there's nothing but agency staff in there they can't keep any regular staff anymore because the management is terrible they fired a lot of their senior staff that were there for 10 to 20 years it's just a terrible place to work
Achieving excellence in a continuing changing market
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 9, 2018
The organization is changing from nursing home care to a diversified gerontological organization. At the same time is is moving from decentralization to centralization. Within this process, they are attempting to finance this process gingerly which is quite delicate. They could use more training and communication, but overall their message is understandable.
Working in this environment, one learns the rules of business while maintaining the quality of your role in care.
Pros
Dynamic organization, competitive salaries.
Cons
You must follow corporate initiatives with limited input.
Awful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 8, 2018
Horrible training, no support, unsafe patient to nurse ratios (30:1nurse). Extremely stressful job and little time to orient (10 shifts). Impossible to take a break, terrible experience.
Cons
Extremely stict management
Productive, friendships, learning
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2018
From all my experiences working in USA ArchCare was the best place ever that I enjoyed the most. I didn't have any ideas on Medical recording, but people who worked there were so kind and patient to teach me every single thing that I had to know. I can say it's a learning and appropriate place to work. Unfortunately, I am not able to talk about compensation and benefits because it was a temporary job.
ArchCare is very recommended...
Corporate Office
Finance Pooled Trust Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
Working at the 205 Lexington Corporate Office is by far one of the best work environments I have ever worked. Everyone is professional and easy going. Most of the manager/Directors are not here to micro manage. They have built trust with employees which enables everyone to get their job done.
Pros
Awesome Holiday Party
Cons
Other facilities within ArchCare are very unprofessional
Worst employment place
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Worst management place., racist and they know it but HR covers up everything. They simply don't want to accept the issue of minorities being held back. Jobs are given to friends and family without credentials. Don't waste your education and experience working at this horrible agency.
Good company for starting CNA's
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Archcare was the first CNA job I had after the state exam. I have mostly positive things to say about them. They compensate well, provide health insurance, and have team building or employee appreciation events. A few negatives are that they are normally short staffed, sometimes lack supplies you need to do your job.
Mission Driven Organization
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Rewarding non-profit work, great team environment, a lot of extra perks for employees.

Training sessions available and career advancement opportunity.
Run! Don't Just Walk Away...
Administration (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Worked at the corporate office for several months, one of the most ... cut·throat backstabbing staff you'll ever meet... If you ever have any misgivings about a system, this would be the company. Run, don't just walk away.
Well worth it
Information Technology Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Non Profit, rewarding, great co-workers, great overall workplace culture, growing company, with a chance for advancement outside of the information technology department.
Not a good company to work for
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2017
Management does not listen to advise of experienced employees in regards to several aspects of the industry, job duties, and errors. No one is willing to take advise on process improvements. Results in work performance errors, compliance conflicts, and high turnover. There is no formal training. I am looking for a new job opportunity and resigning ASAP. I do not see this company succeeding. A career setback - you might lose any skills you've acquired.
Benefits
Cons
Negative culture, Management, No support from team, No formal training
Soul Sucking
Adminstration (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYDecember 5, 2017
I worked at ArchCare for many years and many of those years I did enjoy working there for many reasons. None of them were because of the leadership in most cases though.
Management changes a lot and with it, so does attitudes. It became a liability to be a long term employee over my last year where gossip reigned Queen and there was very little consideration for the value of your work. Demands on the direct care staff became unreal (CNAs mandated almost every other day and nurses were also forced to work mandated hours routinely-yes in direct violation of the labor law.) Our upper administration routinely referred to the nurses as med mules and even more derogatory comments were made in regards to the CNAs. It really became a toxic environment on the whole.
Although the benefits were good and the salary for my position was high, it wasn't worth doing another year there.
Oh and did I mention it's next to impossible to take vacation?
Benefits
Cons
Everyrhing ekse
No perks
Community Outreach Liaison (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2017
Each day presented unique challenges in the community and with management as programming was under constant change. Being of service within the community was satisfying, however.
Pros
Serving the underserved
Cons
Disorganized
Not recommended
Care Mgr @ Irving PL (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
Sadly all negative reviews are true. Archcare has come across some good employees, but most have been chased away by Sr. Management toxic behavior.
Some good employees have been laid off because they did not agree with all the nepotism displayed by those individuals who abuse their authority.

Advice for Executive Management:
Remove the root cause of the problem, only then will you be able to retain your employees & attract new ones. Just because a Manager is saving the Co. money, does not mean they're not contributing to the bigger problems.
Pros
Good location, decent PTO
Cons
Negative culture, stressful environment, more gossip than training
Learning experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
When I first started at Archcare I was really nervous due to the negative reviews I have read, but as I started to work I found it pleasant I enjoy working at Archcare especially at the Huntington department, the staff is very kind and helpful I am so glad I decided to work for Archcare
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
This place will become your life.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYJuly 17, 2017
Poorly led, with little regard for the nursing staff. I was brought to help fix the culture and lashed every time I made a suggestion. I do not recommend this as a place of work for any nurse, you will be mandated regularly because they cannot keep the nurses on staff.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
It is NOT a healthy environment work in
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving PL New YorkJune 19, 2017
I have been at ArchCare for 1 yr. All the negative reviews are true. The company is very disorganized, the trainings are very limited. Not enough to help you prepare for the craziness you will be working with. Upper Management very unprofessional & abusive to its employees. The "so called, Speak Up campaign" is joke. They do not listen to the issues that truly matter. HR is not supportive to employees who need their help. Overall not a good experience. Looking to leave the company.
Pros
Cons
Too many
It's all about the mission.....
Clinician and Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
ArchCare as a health care delivery system upholds its mission throughout the organization. It does great work and provides a meaningful place to work.
Very friendly and inviting
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYJune 1, 2017
This is my 3rd week here at Archcare at Ferncliff and it has been a wonderful on-boarding experience so far. Everyone has come to greet me and introduce themselves. The administrator makes it a point to do daily walks to say hello and see how everyone is doing. To me, that is good leadership!!!!
Pros
Everyone is very friendly.