ArchCare Employee Reviews

Not a good choice for a professional
Utilization Management (Current Employee) –  Irving PlaceOctober 4, 2018
If you value your professional career this probably isn't the place for you. Chaos and disorganization abound. It's true there is a trainer for new employees but since processes aren't defined it's of little help in doing your job. Competent employees get frustrated and leave, the turnover is impressive and adds to the chaos. HR appears to have been given a directive to support employees, however, this seems to have resulted in them picking and choosing who to defend, beware if you get on the wrong side of an employee under their protection. Neutrality is non-existent if there is a problem. Licensed professionals should use extreme caution, do some research before making a commitment.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Work environment is chaotic and disheartening.
Not a good place to work
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
This place is a disgrace. Managers are not professionals they will not reveal the whole truth about anything and the entire staff is not professional. And when one is not being told the truth about the job or the salary one should not deal with an agency like that. Because if there is a hidden agenda than you can rest assure that you will not be a valued employee and you will be lied all along and not get what you want. The salary is a joke compare to the workload that a healthcare provider is being bombarded with. The medical benefits are bad that cover nothing and charge a lot for them. That's why its not beneficial to work for private agencies like this one because there is no future for you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything is bad the salary, medical benefits, lunch time, commute to work, travel reimbursement.
Productive, friendships, learning
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2018
From all my experiences working in USA ArchCare was the best place ever that I enjoyed the most. I didn't have any ideas on Medical recording, but people who worked there were so kind and patient to teach me every single thing that I had to know. I can say it's a learning and appropriate place to work. Unfortunately, I am not able to talk about compensation and benefits because it was a temporary job.
ArchCare is very recommended...
September 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a positive experience during your time at ArchCare. We’re always looking for ways to continue to improve in order to create the best internal support system for all Care Members.

No comment very unhappy. No support. Bad training
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
very unhappy. Lack of support. Bad training. VERY LOW STAFFING. Long hours with no support from upper management. Very quick too judge. Cut throat. Technology is behind.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Not a good company to work for
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2017
Management does not listen to advise of experienced employees in regards to several aspects of the industry, job duties, and errors. No one is willing to take advise on process improvements. Results in work performance errors, compliance conflicts, and high turnover. There is no formal training. I am looking for a new job opportunity and resigning ASAP. I do not see this company succeeding. A career setback - you might lose any skills you've acquired.
Benefits
Cons
Negative culture, Management, No support from team, No formal training
Soul Sucking
Adminstration (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYDecember 5, 2017
I worked at ArchCare for many years and many of those years I did enjoy working there for many reasons. None of them were because of the leadership in most cases though.
Management changes a lot and with it, so does attitudes. It became a liability to be a long term employee over my last year where gossip reigned Queen and there was very little consideration for the value of your work. Demands on the direct care staff became unreal (CNAs mandated almost every other day and nurses were also forced to work mandated hours routinely-yes in direct violation of the labor law.) Our upper administration routinely referred to the nurses as med mules and even more derogatory comments were made in regards to the CNAs. It really became a toxic environment on the whole.
Although the benefits were good and the salary for my position was high, it wasn't worth doing another year there.
Oh and did I mention it's next to impossible to take vacation?
Benefits
Cons
Everyrhing ekse
Very stressful
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYMay 23, 2018
i worked at archcare for almost 12 years it started out as a wonderful place until a new Corporation took over and they were very nasty to all of the employees especially the ones that had seniority the gossip and rumors there were terrible almost cost me my job, I was fired over something that they could have just councelled me on it was a honest mistake i was also a new nurse at the time,before that i was a cna, since then that was years ago the place has gone downhill there's nothing but agency staff in there they can't keep any regular staff anymore because the management is terrible they fired a lot of their senior staff that were there for 10 to 20 years it's just a terrible place to work
September 25, 2018

Achieving excellence in a continuing changing market
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 9, 2018
The organization is changing from nursing home care to a diversified gerontological organization. At the same time is is moving from decentralization to centralization. Within this process, they are attempting to finance this process gingerly which is quite delicate. They could use more training and communication, but overall their message is understandable.
Working in this environment, one learns the rules of business while maintaining the quality of your role in care.
Pros
Dynamic organization, competitive salaries.
Cons
You must follow corporate initiatives with limited input.
Extremely dissapointed
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Irving place nySeptember 18, 2018
Worst work experience encountered in my whole career. Due to toxic Sr. Mgr who no longer works here. HR does nothing to help your situation. Your only choice is to leave
Pros
Not much
Cons
Knowledge set back
September 25, 2018

We would like the opportunity to confidentiality address your concerns. I would ask that you reach out to Hugo Pizarro, SVP, Chief Experience Officer directly at (646) 633-4422.

Never felt like I was waiting my time
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2018
It was different, definitely a place to start if you want to get into a medical field. I learned a lot on how to work with elderly people. Definitely gain a tolerance with people, but I wouldn't suggest to purse this job if you can't work around the elderly and or disabled. I would come back to this job. I was an honor to help the needy and made me feel like a better person everyday knowing I helped someone.
Pros
Straight forward job

Want to know more about ArchCare?

Ask a question
New Company avoid at all cost
Socialworker (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 18, 2014
Monthly progress reports that must be split within the unit but was not. I did all monthly progress reports and was told by my nurse," i don't have time".. So when i made an error because we are basically trained in the unit, you get suspended or fired. Management will throw you under a truck in a minute. My co-workers, at least in my cubicle, were not very friendly and i was kept out of the loop. I have tried to be as friendly and respectful as possible. On girl stated to me that i was invading her personal space. Since then communication has been at a minimum. The office gossip is crazy annoying which if your not in the loop causes anxiety. Supervisers do not review cases with employees. I don't see this MLTC succeeding
Pros
Decent pay, and benefits Catholic values
Cons
Six months before eligable for sick or vacation, Management does not train properly, Just a boring job Not real socialwork
This place will become your life.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYJuly 17, 2017
Poorly led, with little regard for the nursing staff. I was brought to help fix the culture and lashed every time I made a suggestion. I do not recommend this as a place of work for any nurse, you will be mandated regularly because they cannot keep the nurses on staff.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
A great place for growth!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2017
ArchCare is a wonderful place to work if you are someone who is hoping to have opportunities for future career growth. Management is very supportive of internal movement throughout the company and allowing employees to learn areas beyond their day to day role.
Pros
Excellent benefits and tuition reimbursement
Awful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 8, 2018
Horrible training, no support, unsafe patient to nurse ratios (30:1nurse). Extremely stressful job and little time to orient (10 shifts). Impossible to take a break, terrible experience.
Cons
Extremely stict management
Corporate Office
Finance Pooled Trust Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
Working at the 205 Lexington Corporate Office is by far one of the best work environments I have ever worked. Everyone is professional and easy going. Most of the manager/Directors are not here to micro manage. They have built trust with employees which enables everyone to get their job done.
Pros
Awesome Holiday Party
Cons
Other facilities within ArchCare are very unprofessional
Well worth it
Information Technology Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Non Profit, rewarding, great co-workers, great overall workplace culture, growing company, with a chance for advancement outside of the information technology department.
Worst employment place
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Worst management place., racist and they know it but HR covers up everything. They simply don't want to accept the issue of minorities being held back. Jobs are given to friends and family without credentials. Don't waste your education and experience working at this horrible agency.
Not recommended
Care Mgr @ Irving PL (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
Sadly all negative reviews are true. Archcare has come across some good employees, but most have been chased away by Sr. Management toxic behavior.
Some good employees have been laid off because they did not agree with all the nepotism displayed by those individuals who abuse their authority.

Advice for Executive Management:
Remove the root cause of the problem, only then will you be able to retain your employees & attract new ones. Just because a Manager is saving the Co. money, does not mean they're not contributing to the bigger problems.
Pros
Good location, decent PTO
Cons
Negative culture, stressful environment, more gossip than training
Not a good place to work
MLTC Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Maryknoll, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Very disorganized company, left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. You are told one thing than another thing and you are never sure which is the right way to do something. No training, has a sweatshop atmosphere at times. The benefits are good, but that's it. Untrained manangement run the show!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad atmosphere
Good company for starting CNA's
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Archcare was the first CNA job I had after the state exam. I have mostly positive things to say about them. They compensate well, provide health insurance, and have team building or employee appreciation events. A few negatives are that they are normally short staffed, sometimes lack supplies you need to do your job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ArchCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5