Archdiocese of St. Paul & Minneapolis Employee Reviews

I loved working in the Archdiocese
Missionary Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2019
I’ve done Totus Tuus for the past 2 summer for the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, and they were the best summers of my life. I would not trade the friendships nor the memories for anything in the world.
Pros
Grow in knowledge and faith with other solid Catholics
Cons
None!
Very structuredwork environment
I.T. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 22, 2018
As the governing body of the Catholic church it is very regimented in their way of doing things. You have to be very aware that you are in essence working for a church and adjust accordingly.
Under Bankruptcy
Respect Life Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 29, 2017
It is always difficult to work for any organization that is undergoing law suits and bankruptcy.
The new Archbishop is doing an amazing job and I am hopeful for the work environment to improve.
Pros
Made lots of connections
Cons
difficult leadership at the time
Positive environment
Accounting Associate/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  328 west kellogg blvd, st paul, mn 55102September 6, 2016
its a good small department to work for and the co-workers are very positive. I enjoy the work here, however, there is no growth to further utilized my skills.
Gained accounting experience
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 14, 2015
I worked as the administrative support to the accounting department. I helped with each process within the department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, meeting scheduling, flight purchases, and keeping track of company credit card.
Typical day
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MinnesotaApril 30, 2013
A typical day would start at 8 am on weekdays and at 630 am on weekends. Weekday shifts are 4.5 hours long and weekends are 6 hours. Work consists of daily maintenance of the priests apartments which is similar to a housekeeping job at any hotel, we change their towels and make up the beds daily and once a week the apartment will be cleaned. Each priest has a specified cleaning day which helps to spread out the work over the week. My immediate supervisor is very personable and competent at her job. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with the demands of the residents that are not living in the facility and also with dealing with incompetent coworkers that do not do their job and cause issues for the rest of the staff. The best part of the job is being able to interact with the priests who are all of retirement age and have many stories to tell and lessons to give.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No health benefits