Archer Daniels Midland
62Average

Archer Daniels Midland Employee Reviews

United States779 reviews
I was a long time employee at ADM. Safety became a prominent focus of company. Safety culture improved tremendously the last decade and production rates still increased.
Charlotte is a flour mill.Good pay and benefits. You are not expected to do anything for free included waiting in my case was rare at least.there is weekend work Saturday and Sunday but if you’re required to work it would be one of those days.Trucks are getting old but new ones hopefully soon.This is a easy job with very little physical work but somedays can be long.Benefits are excellent 401 and pension plan,very low dedication from your pay with very good insurance,I at least seldom pay anything for dr visit.

Pros
Pay, benefits, strong company
Cons
Weekends, somedays are long hours
Good people, reasonable work, good safety program and flexibility to spend time with family. When vacation was wanted and asked for the management team did everything for you to obtain
Pros
Communication with management
Cons
Pay could be better
Management is horrible and will do anything to justify their job.... All they care about is production. The culture turned to garbage when they think they can track a bunch of bs with a marker... They don't care about their employees at all.... No matter what you do is never enough for them...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Worthless management.
Working hard pays off if your willing to learn and want to move up in position.
Many positions to learn and train in. Positive attitude always helps when learning something new.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Management was often disconnected from the work that was being done on the ground floor and one manager in particular was often rude. We worked 65 hour weeks sometimes, and yet declared us "part time" employees to avoid giving benefits/insurance. We applied to join the union but I believe I was terminated to avoid that as well. It's a shady company.
Pros
A mostly good work environment.
Cons
A shady company
Overall, ADM is a good place to work.
I worked at a grain elevator in a non-management roll.

Since ADM is an agricultural based company the hours can be non-typical (esp during harvest season or planting)

ADM prefers to get their managers from an in-company management program rather than hire from the outside. I have several bachelor degrees, military experience, agricultural experience and was passed over for management several times because the recruit their managers right out of college.

Like any other company you have good managers and poor managers.

ADM is a very, very, VERY safety oriented workplace, almost to an annoyance but after viewing their safety videos from past accidents it is clear why they take safety very seriously.

My favorite part of the job was eventually being moved up to the elevator crew "level 2" which allowed me to run the locomotive during train operations, drive the heavy equipment, ect.
They could have a good crew of hard workers if it wasnt overbearing and overly demanding that you take an overload of anything that gets dished out at you especially in reference to one "leadman" and one shift supervisor in particular. I sincerely do not feel they have the expertise or care to know how to treat employees. You cant be ran over and everything always be alright irregardless how many people he may have caused to leave due to said treatment
I worked as a Lab Tech in Southport for nine months before I had to move due to family reasons. This was my first lab job and my FAVORITE job so far. The managers made sure I felt secure. The employees made sure I knew my way around and made sure I was comfy. Great hospitality- one day I forgot lunch and an operator had a “secret stash” for when other forget lunch. It made my entire day.

Great place. Great people. Great environment. Hoping to rejoin the plant once my family returns from deployment.
Pros
Good environment, good pay, good benefits, everything is a pro.
Cons
Probably the smell LOL
Not real hard work but fast pace. Most jobs were rotation of shifts that is hard to get use to. Benefits are good. Company furnished personal protective equipment and uniforms.
enjoyed the work. Really dusty. Can make big mistakes so pay attention to what your doing. Really focused on safety. Long hours during harvest. Hot in the summer cold in the winter
I never have to worry about being laid off. The work is steady and I learn something new everyday at my job. The benefits and pay are awesome. I would love to transfer with ADM to Tennessee but where I’m moving to is out of range
They will train you but the first time you mess up the will fire you no exceptions they will hire you on but I was there for 9 months and they never gave me benifits and the management was always look down on you and treated you like garbage
I don't feel appreciated and I over worked and under paid trying to be a part of something special that's what I thought when I started working a company book The very shortly show different
Working at ADM was a good experience. I got all required training needed for the positions I held. Work/life balance can be tough because of multiple shifts but that goes with the territory in a manufacturing setting.
Do not work here. I worked her for sixth months and quit. I was working 6-7 days a week, there was constant bickering and blame game. The men there were usually sleazy and i walked in on one of them in a compromising position with a lab tech. drama, gossip, gross
Pros
overtime
Cons
everything else
Willing to hire people without much experience and will train in some areas. However if you get new management that's not very supportive they will fire you and not think twice about it. Culture is keep your head down and work.
I really enjoyed working at ADM. The employees are all very welcoming. I learned so many new skills during my summer job at ADM. I had the opportunity to work with amazing scientists and business professionals to accomplish numerous goals for the company.
Great company to work for. Good benefits and plenty of overtime. Good supervision and safety management. The company takes care of their employees and puts their safety first.
Always nice coworkers to be around and to work with' great learning atmosphere. I dont mind getting on the highway traveling to work there. Its flexible hours.9
Very family oriented to every changing family demands. Great work place w/private lunch provided and pricing very consistent with restaurant menus. Great vacation plans and benefits.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Archer Daniels Midland. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight