Archrock Employee Reviews

Great job with good pay
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKJuly 27, 2018
Starting working here to get experience in the oil field and they did just that. They pay great and have great benefits, they offer training programs to advance in the company with great pay raises. The work is very demanding and hard work but for the pay its worth it. They have many experienced mechanics to teach you just about anything. Management is great but after i was laid off I'm not sure where it went. If you want great pay and benefits and to learn things for the oil field and natural gas field this is a great place to start and possibly stay.
Pros
great pay and benefits, plenty of overtime, great management
Cons
up and down, never know when you may lose your job
hard work but satisfying
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJuly 18, 2018
Each job was a different place to work, something to learn everyday never boring. You might be working in West Virginia one week and Detroit the next week.
Pros
pre diem
Cons
Away from home a lot.
Sometimes a nice place, other times terrible
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXApril 27, 2018
Fun place to work but also can be stressful. It can be hard to take multiple calls back to back, but it does get easier the longer you work there and with the help of co-workers.
Great working environment with a wonderful supervisor
Full Time OSC Administration (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TX 77905March 18, 2018
Enjoyed my time in this position - I worked for them when they were Exterran, was a very fast paced job with wonderful supervisor. Exterran truly cared about you as an employee and had great benefits
Archrock
Access Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2018
More than anything I love the environment Archrock provided for everyone. Lovely company to work for, I have been happy with them for the past couple of years. I am proud to have been able to work for such a great company.
good company.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 28, 2017
good company, lots of work, lots of hours, plenty to do. good safety culture from the bottom up, no person is too inexperienced to bring up safety issues.
Good place to work at, good work culture
OTC Requisition Coordinator Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXDecember 21, 2017
Typically was busy all day long. Co-workers were good to get along with, we learned from each other. Although management always had other ideas on how to improve things, we would get together and try to make things easier for all. The work got done and everyone was content, Christmas time we would bring something from home to share with others, good work culture. The hardest part of the job was not finding what the customer needed fast enough, Most enjoyable part of the job was finding or having what the customer needs at hand. Having the customer feel good about our service and having them come back again.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Being laid-off
Good place to work for if you are high on the brackets
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 20, 2017
It is a good place to work for. In my time being here i have seen somethings that i did not agree with and some that have been great for the company. Good company to work for.
Reson for and not
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
When you give all you can to a company and they take and take and don not return. As I said before if you are not happy with what you are doing then find something else.
Good place to work, not much for advancement.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
no light and the end of the tunnel. Great people, just don't see a very bright future. does not value and MBA, will not pay for phone for on call employees.
Boring
Worker (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 7, 2017
Archrock is, in general a good company to work for, but it's boring as there are not many new initiatives and the top leadership is still locked in old people management ways.

Lack of work hours flexibility and few vacation days make people leave to work at a company where their personal time is valued.
Productive and positive environment
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
The company played an important role in developing my skills in different fields of Data analysis and HR, Went through the different scenarios of a company in dealing with the growth of the company.
used to be better
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Center, TXApril 20, 2017
Was a much better company under Exterran. They monitor everything you do and micro manage you all day. I used to like working there but now its just stressful and your always looking over your shoulder. Management treats you like your a little kid.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
Management, going On Call 24/7
Great Company
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Great Company - would like to have a second chance working with them. today I have a better understanding of the company culture.
Id have more joy if I had received more opportunity to be heard by my manager.
Pros
Great saary and benefits
Cons
Id say the internal communications and Id suggest more one to one meetings
High Employee Turn-Over
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kermit, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Consumes your life; Time spent and hard work not appreciated. Part-time (Rotators) employees are given more privileges than full time employees.
Pros
Get the experience
Cons
Employees are not appreciated for hard work and dedication.
management
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 5, 2017
working for one of if not the best boss i have ever had worked for
very willing to teach people
fun and friendly work place
meet new people
home every night with family
Pros
learn something new
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  LouisianaDecember 27, 2016
Overall a great place to work. People I worked with were great someone would be there to help if need be. Always willing to teach you new things if you were interested.
need to be on anit depression meds to work here
Requisition Coordinator Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2016
this place when south when ever it split at the first of the year 2016 .....

kind of sucks to show up everyday to think about what if I go sit in the restroom for 4 hours is anybody going to come looking for me most likely not if I can respond to an email in the next 4 mins
Pros
hours
Cons
all of it
Work good, people good, pay bad, management worse
Shop Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 17, 2016
DO NOT WORK HERE TRUST ME people in the shop are awesome as far as hourly employees, steady work flow, but........ if you work here don't expect to see a raise ever! Iv been there 2 years and haven't seen a raise yet. And that everyone in the shop not just a few so you better get all you can when you hire on because it's the last raise you'll ever get. Immediate supervisor is real good branch management is a egotistical jack who doesn't know or care how to treat people
Pros
People
Cons
Money, management
Too big
Senior Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Karnes City, TXSeptember 30, 2016
Management is spineless but expects a lot from field personnel. I was wrongfully terminated and during my termination i pointed out the mistake it was confirmed that I was bring terminated on accident and nothing was done to try and stop it. Really unfortunate for me it wasn't the greatest company to work for but I didn't deserve what happened to me and it amazes me nobody even tried to stop it