ArcLight Cinemas Employee Reviews

Not a great place to bartend
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 6, 2019
super slow, and are required to make the food and wash dishes with no help from any other staff or management, money is hit or miss. Only perk is you get free movies.
Pros
free movies
Cons
no room for advancement
Great work environment with flexible hours
Theater Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 2, 2019
Arclight Cinemas has been a very beneficial place to work due to the skills that they have taught me and skills I learned on my own while on the job. My customer service techniques and math skills have improved immensely while working and a front lobby attendant and a concessionist.
Great part-time job for students
Crew Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 4, 2019
While I was in school Arclight really worked with my schedule. They do require weekend availability, but that was not a problem for me. I enjoy movies, so I enjoyed my time at Arclight!
Pros
Free movies and working industry adjacent
Cons
not a career for me, and working holidays
Arclight is a good place to work for people coming out of school
Show Greeter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2019
The environment at Arclight allows you to engage with a large number of people, daily. You get to see free movies, which was always a plus for me, a film connoisseur.
Great place for college job
Bartender/Floor Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 19, 2018
Worked my way up at the movie theater. Great employees, fair management, great wage to pay for school and great hours. Understanding managers, followed by the book.
Cons
Work holidays.
cool place to work, if you're a robot
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2018
Being employed there was a unique experience. They had a culture of trying to make everyone uniformed that seemed unnatural. overall it was an ok experience
Pros
discounts, celebrity customers, fun events
Cons
no authenticity allowed
good co-workers make a better place to work
Bartender/Crewmember (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 15, 2018
Looked forward to seeing my regulars at the bar/café. and helping my crewmembers make their day go easier.

The café and bar helped me further develop my multitasking skills along with decision making based on knowledge of company policies and guests needs.
Pros
free movie tickets
Cons
expensive area for lunch options
It was nice enough.
Crew (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 10, 2018
Watch out for the oil. Otherwise, it's a decent enough work environment. Crazy on blockbusters and slow every other day. Once you get down the brass tacks, it's not hard.
Pros
popcorn
Cons
Everyone you like gets a different schedule
Great job for movie lovers!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAOctober 11, 2018
Working at Arclight was a blast. Most of my coworkers and managers were great which is all you can really ask for. Plus if you want to meet celebrities you're in the right place.

I recommend Arclight Cinemas to cinema lovers who want to be around like minded people.

The hardest part about the job were the hours. Sometimes I wouldn't leave until 2 in the morning.
Pros
meet celebrities, free movies
Cons
late night hours sometimes
Fun to work there. Free movies
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAOctober 4, 2018
Its not a bad place to work really. Especially if you just want a second job or just need the extra cash. Plus free movies are never a bad thing. Its pretty fun really you get to see some cool people.
doesn't meet it's great potential
Guest Services Associate/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 28, 2018
There are tremendous potential opportunities working for the Arclight in Pasadena. Unfortunately, the management spend so much time just trying to survive day to day operations, that they don't take the time to actually improve operations which could enhance the quality of work environment, raise morale, and actually allow everyone to actually flourish.
Pros
great perks, such as free movies and 50% off concessions
Cons
inconsistent management, uneven employee appreciation, inconsistent employee morale
Productive and chance to develop.
Mid Shift Manager/ Lead Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CASeptember 10, 2018
It has a great work community and possibly the only reason why people stay. There's quick turn arounds for crew so there's a-lot of new crew members. Must be fully available weekends.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Pay and No social life
Relaxed and Easy
Bartender/Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2018
Chill workplace but not a place to stay, management is poor and completely ignore basic managerial responsibilities. Due to this working at Arclight can be a little chaotic if there isn't good chemistry between the workers. In addition, Arclight has been going through many workers, firing and hiring new people, repeat.
Cool summer job
CREW LEAD (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 10, 2018
Great for college students who don't have too many expenses. Usually only part time but great work environment and great staff. Usually a younger staff.
Pros
Part time, discounts, free movies, great people
Cons
Too little hours, no benefits, hours fluctuate constantly
Productive work place with lots of promotions.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2018
ArcLight was a wonderful job with the possibilities of moving up in the company. The workplace was fast pasted and ran very smooth. Managment was very open to any problems and always seeking too help with what needs too be helped with.
Fun and diverse place of employment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for Arclight because the hours given were great, I had friendly and positive co-workers and the location was beautiful. I also enjoyed the employee discounts we were given as well, such a great company.
Meh
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 8, 2018
It's a movie theater. It was a wonderful experience but they love to make you feel like you're advancing in your career there when you aren't. It's a big location so it was fun and we had a lot of interesting people come in. Working premiere nights were great for me because I loved to stay busy and loved the porter shifts because of the same reason.
Pros
You keep busy
Cons
Management/Lack of advancement
Horrible place
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 6, 2018
Doesn’t care about employees, hires new people extraneously rather than paying employees for the work they do. Employees are fired for stupid reasons, hours are ridiculously short and few and far between, the company is disrespectful and tells you to follow rules then gets mad at you for following those same rules and rewards guests for treating you like garbage.
Cons
Fast-paced environment on the weekends
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 4, 2018
Great place to work if you are a college student with friendly staff. management is okay. i learned how to communicate better with customers and attend guest issues.
Always busy workplace with great employee environment.
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 26, 2018
A typical workday will never feel like the same as there are numerous positions to be put in, and with different kinds of movies coming out each week attracting different kinds of guests, it ensures there is never a slow period. I have definitely come out of my shell while working here, and no longer have any issue delegating tasks, providing feedback, and being in charge of work I assign myself. The other crew members there are amazing and I consider them a family. The hardest part of the job is working late into the night on some occasions.
Pros
Employee environment, free movies!
Cons
Being on your feet for the entirety of your shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ArcLight Cinemas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight