ARCO Construction Company, Inc. Employee Reviews

Its the best ran construction site ive worked.
Laborer Worker (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 24, 2019
Ive worked on many job sites but this is by far my least stressed. The site is very clean and organized. The super attendant is on top of his job got good solid crews to build and finish the building it has been a joy to work there. Relaxed but very efficient place to work.
Pros
The bosses care bout their workers just dont be lazy.
Cons
Its a temp job.
Decent place to intern
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2018
I had a positive experience at the company. The team was very inviting. It wasn't the most cutting edge place to work at but you do learn valuable skills in the IT realm. It was a great place to get my first IT job.
Gd company to work for
Skilled Laborer (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Gd place to work the ppl are ok never had a problem on the job. And the pay was good I enjoy working for them and they are a good company to work for great
Pros
Gd
Excellent Place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 21, 2018
If the recession had not occurred, I expect I would still be working at ARCO. However, the recession was problematic for many construction companies and led to be being layed off as one of the most recently hired employees.
No room for advancement or growth
Sales (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, MODecember 27, 2017
The company had no room for advancement or growth even with growing as much as they are nationwide. They need to train their employees to move upward in the company and offer more growth opportunities.
Very stressful company that starts at the top
Construction superintednet (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaDecember 13, 2017
I really thought I was a good fit at Arco, but their management practices were simply unbearable. I wanted so muc to help change that dynamic, but was unsuccessful. There is plenty stress created on construction projects without having additional pressure from those who are meant to support their field staff, The lack of said support and the additional stress makes the environment unbearable.
Pros
Compensation Package
Cons
Everything else
Work Hard, Play Hard Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 23, 2017
ARCO Construction is a good company to work for with great benefits. They have a work hard, play hard work environment. However, there isn't much room for career advancement within the company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lacking Career Advancement
Great Company
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 21, 2017
Enjoyed my time with ARCO DB NE! Very organized, strong values, and good work ethics. Lucky to have been a part of this organization, I have learned key business standards that I will take to my next position.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Away from my home a great deal.
Arco taught me alot about the trade business
Roofing helper (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJJuly 29, 2016
My time at arco really tought me alot about making sacrifices and learning things the hard way. I can honestly say ive grown from my time at Arco and it made me more tolerable to extensive work throughout a long period of the day. A typical day at work requires alot of heavy lifting, constant motion, and alot of skilled jobs. I learned multiple things that i was able to carry on throughout my life. Management was very professional, they truly care about how the business is run. My co-workers were very helpful and they had a great deal of patience with me being that i was fresh out of highschool with no experience. The hardest part of the job has to be the physical labor ang long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things, and knowing that you will get a very nice paycheck at the end of the week
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long hours of the day.
Overall Company Info
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 9, 2015
It is a great place to work with a great working atmosphere. Everyone works very hard for the company's success on projects. It is a smaller company, but the staff act as close nit community.
Work Hard Play Hard
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PASeptember 2, 2015
PMs are fully responsible for everything from business development, to estimating, to running the job. PMs are rewarded for their hard work.
Productive, fun, fast-paced work environment
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 9, 2015
Working at ARCO is so refreshing after working for previous organizations. People come in to work and genuinely enjoy what they do. While it is always busy and fast-paced, ARCO makes it a priority to create fun for associates along the way. Leadership is grounded, down-to-earth and practice an "open door policy". Benefits include a 30-day paid sabbatical after each 5 years of continuous employment, an amazing profit sharing program, and the opportunity to volunteer annually during work-time. Additionally, ARCO will give you the resources you need to successfully achieve your job and they don't cut corners. Awesome place to work, and a culture you can be proud of!
Pros
Positive and upbeat culture, beautiful work space
Best People EVER!
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2014
from the day i was hired, you feel welcome.
P.Ms call to talk with you not AT you!
Even V.P knows you by name!
Pros
everyone, even VP takes interest in you as a person! great insurance
Cons
none yet!