Arconic

Arconic Employee Reviews

United States417 reviews
I was one of those who worked more than enough overtime for 3 people and all of it was my choice the time I needed help from the company they werent there. Sometimes pay isnt everything.
Pros
Pay, benefits. Open overtime
Cons
Human resources, treat you like a badge number
When I first started at arconic it wasnt to bad, work associates worked together so everyone would succeed. Some get away with creating a hostile work environment if that person for some reason didnt like you. Associates are not advanced by how well they do their job but rather on how well they kiss up to upper managment and if they are in the front office click. Cant address hr about any issues as they are never available and if emailed about the issues they do not reply. Not family orientend you are expected to work what they tell you to as soon as they tell you too, if you dare to stand up you are shown out the door with no reason given.
Pros
Benefits/pay
Cons
Heat/favoritism/constant changes in shift schedule
Management is terrible! They make you feel so insecure about yourself and you work yourself to death but it is literally not good enough. Work 7 days a week, will be forced to work 16 hour shifts. Honestly if they had better management it wouldn’t be a bad company and maybe some better long time employees. The plant manager is a joke and mainly all the supervisors. Pay is great if your a single person or have no children. Work conditions are very rough, you will get hurt with doing all most anything. So happy to be away from that company
The benefits of this company are great. They tend to tell people what they want to hear to keep them employed but don't follow through on promises. Not the worst place that I work for. They could do a lot better though.
Benefits
Cons
HR management
Long hours. Do not be afraid to get dirty. Some very heavy lifting. There were some good people that I worked with but management was not very good. Good pay for work performed.
Pros
Pay and most co-workers.
Cons
Long hours and management.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Supervisors complain about numbers, but ignore others numbers who they show favoritism to. HR is supposed to be there for the employees but they only cover Supervisors backs and people that they show favoritism to. They leave people in the dark, and keep people from moving forward on the pay scale because they don't want people to get paid more.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, building is hot but has AC
Cons
short breaks, favoritism, don't truly care for employees
Management always out for themselves, they talk a lot but never follow through. Workplace is dirty and outdated. They focus on the bottom line not the employee.
Pros
Free boots
Cons
Management is only out for themselves.
overall the employees are fun and good natured people. From the old to the young. We support each other and have or try to have fun. When things get tough. We roll up our sleeves and knock it out. Most managers will give you space to work at your own pace as long as your being productive. Can not just play all the time. The company needs to succeed and that part is our job.
Pros
Able to grow with the company if your willing to apply yourself
Cons
It gets hot!!!
Pay is great, living wage with 40hrs a week. Great insurance and benefits. The jobs aren't easy but it won't kill you. I've been working for various companies and I can say that Arconic/Alcoa/Howmet Aerospace is the only one where I was excited to go to work.
Pros
Pay and plenty of time to enjoy outside of work
Cons
Layoffs are common every 2-3 years
good place to work if you want a paycheck and health insurance. dont expect to ever get a promotion or appreciation. lazy get rewarded. if promoted it will be taken from you with hidden politics and favoritism you wont be notified until you train your replacement. I trained an entire crew then they promoted someone who worked there 3 months and didnt know the department as my lead who was sent to the department for fighting with her lead. they tried to keep me from becoming crane certified after I scored 22/23 on the written test. the girl they chose to promote over me crashed the crane more than once. hr told me that sometimes despite the bid process that sometimes they pick the person before the bid even goes up. they also listed my husbands position up the day we went on vacation and pulled the bid the day we returned. didnt tell him he was demoted or got a pay cut until he called to see why his check was short. they also dont take the time to properly train you when promoted and claim that's why they eliminated your position then promote someone else for the 'non-existent position they 'eliminated'. almost got ran over by a fork lift more than once. horrible employee moral. nobody is happy to be there. managment doesnt care about you. alot of drama nothing gets done rules are not enforced equiptment isnt well maintained. alot of dirty politics and if you're not a favorite they will not hesitate to punish you for doing your job while rewarding the lazy employees or the dangerous ones.
Pros
pay
Cons
managment, employee additudes, dangerous, lack of concern for employees wellbeing.
This place is awful, no one knows what they’re doing on all levels, production through management. If you like making money it’s great, but don’t expect to have a life, they force you in just about every weekend.
Pros
Money
Cons
Can’t buy back the time you lost
If you are white this is the place for you there are great opportunities for Caucasian people, but if a minority you may want to stay away from this place.
Arconic has changed hands since i been there. From what I heard they laid off or fired numerous employees. Don't think its a good place to work anymore.
Benefits
Cons
Hot and Dirty
Nothing you do is good enough and you need to work 6-7 days a week to make enough to pay bills. Really all they care about is production numbers. They burn people out and have an insane turnover rate.
Worst company I ever worked for upper management is completely clueless total disregard for family work life balance not compensated properly for all the hours that are put in always trying to scam you out of money earned
Stay away from this place you will work 20 plus day’s straight 12 hour day. Management does not care about the employees, safety all they care about is getting the next coil did the line. The managers treat you like trash. The old Mill Finishing Superintendent and now the pack ship superintendent has no clue what’s going on. Expects everyone else to make decisions for him if they are good he takes credit gor then if they are not he pushes the blame
Very strict but rewarding. They don’t pay the best but it’s a nice start for anyone with now college education. Not much room for growth but stable if your adhere to the attendance policy.
Safety first! Follow procedures put in place and keep mind on task at hand!
Promotions from within the company!

Great vacation time and benefits for having good attendance at work!
It around five from my house and I when I work at the sheriff's department I have work on special projects seem like the company was taking of the employee good place to work
A typical day consists of working in an office setting. People are wonderful to work with, work and home life can easily be balanced due to great management
poor review, no work life balance and poor management
they do not provide you with tools to be successful 16 hour work days and no appreciation for hard work and long hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arconic. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight