Arconic Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Much untapped potential
Titanium SI&OP Manager, Arconic in Niles OH (Current Employee) –  Niles, OHAugust 12, 2018
Young company with a tough work environment where employees struggle with work-life balance. Company serves interesting and growing industry segments.
A great place to work if you are in the right BU
xx (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2018
A great place to work if you are in the right business unit. One of the best business units as far as culture is Arconic Engineered Structures.......
Love/hate
Cell operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 2, 2018
I loved my job, but too much harassment by employees. Majority of employees watch each other then go tell how many times went to bathroom and for how long. How long you was on break, etc. Employees would make up stuff on others just to get them in trouble. The older women we're the worst. They were cut throats that would love u to your face then turn on you. The worst part was that managment wouldn't do anything about it and wouldn't even listen to both sides. I saw many many people come and go because of this. I began to hate it because of the way people we're treated. If management would be stricter on tatling and trouble m a king it would be a great place to work.
Pros
Paid for lunch
Cons
Breaks are short
A good place to work
Cutoff Cleaning Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, MIJuly 29, 2018
Aroconic is a good place to make a living. They offer insurance benefits, 401k. There are over time opportunities if you choose to but not forced to work overtime
Stepping-stone Job
Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAJuly 28, 2018
The industry is very interesting, so the work is interesting (engineer). It is a high-stress environment in plant that is ran 24/7 almost 365. Poor management, communication, work-life balance, salary, hours expected to work and vacation.
Pros
Nice people/co-workers
Cons
Poor work-life balance
Nice for Arconic employees, Not for contractors
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 19, 2018
I was let go because I was not producing enough work, but they would not give me enough work to do and I had no control over that.

Project was not well thought out and could not be completed due to software used at this locations incompatibility issues.
Pros
Nice cafeteria on site, provided lunch at meetings
Cons
Poor project due diligence that made projects come to a halt
Horibble place to work at.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 16, 2018
The pay sucks been there 3 yrs and only got 15 cent raise they favorite some employees overall the place sucks only good thing is their benefits thats it!!!
Fun place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 13, 2018
My typical day varies at Arconic due to the amount of hours we put in. Our hours vary between 8-11 hours a day. It is a fun work environment and the management is extremely helpful. I really enjoy my days of work at Arconic.

Thank You for your time.
Pros
Free lunches during holidays, and when we hit our goals.
Cons
healthcare
Great Place to Work
Millwright/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, MIJuly 9, 2018
I moved from Ohio to Michigan for this job-very glad I did. Strong union, good benefits, decent wages & plenty of overtime if you want/need it. This position requires problem-solving and teamwork. You will work with a diverse group of people as you learn the operations of the different plants and departments.
Pros
very hands-on, no two days are the same
Cons
short breaks, hot in the summer
Dont work here unless you have no life.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Barberton, OHJuly 9, 2018
Have to work a mandatory 13 days straight. With one day off. So every month you get 2 days off that's it. But your on a 24 point system no fault policy. Every call of is 2 points. No show is 4 points. Tardy is .5 of point. Work is rather easy just is miserable having to be there 13 days straight. Pay is unfair considering they are the number 1 wheel company in the world. Starting out at 14. 00 for machine operator full time. Management and supervision team is awful. They make your job 10 times harder while adding new job threatening policies every couples days, they still find ways to play favoritism as to who should follow those policies and they don't meet their half as far a punishments or consequences. Overall not somewhere you want to work unless you have too. I could keep going on why you shouldn't work here
Pros
Meet some really good people along the way.
Cons
13 days straight with 1 day off sucks.
Good Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOJuly 2, 2018
Worked to assure customer expectations - quality control - management and work culture satisfying - hot temperature environment as hardest part of job - most enjoyable independent work.
Difficult place to work
FRONTLINE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, MOJune 28, 2018
This is a factory in Missouri with only fans to keep you cool in the summer. The work requires a lot of pulling, twisting, bending and handling of material.
Fast paced environment and growing business.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 16, 2018
Great place to work with good money and benefits. Schedule not guaranteed which can be hard for some families. Overtime usually available and the quarterly bonus nice.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Schedule
Don't waste your time
Cell Operator (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNJune 15, 2018
2 years ago this was a decent place to work; however, as time has gone on, it has quickly spiraled at a steady downward rate. Management from the top tier down to the team leads are incompetent, clueless, and are reactive not proactive. Overtime requirements every single month (typically 24 hours/month) wear people down and force employees to work 6-7 days a week just to make the requirement. Management never takes the time to learn anything about their employees and if there's an opportunity to advance, don't waste your time. They've "already have someone in mind." As soon as I can leave I will and no one will even notice because employee retention is dismal. Good luck on your career path, just don't make the same mistake I have.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
15 minute lunch, long hours, no advancement
Arconic
Executive Assistant / HR Department (Current Employee) –  390 Park AveJune 11, 2018
Great company to work for ...fast paced people are friendly. Give you constructive advice of criticism as needed. Easy work hours, lunch sometimes provided.
Pros
work atmosphere
Cons
no cons at all
departments work in silos
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 9, 2018
Days are long (10-12 hours), 5-6 days a week (7 if you let them get away with it).

Firefighting atmosphere. Departments have objectives but they are based upon the individual department and do not promote flow throughout the length of the process.

Accountability - low. Management follow through - doesn't exist.

ERP used for material planning only, everything else is managed through individual databases.

Need to implement a system of checks and balance to ensure jobs remain on time to span.
Pros
long term employees are truly dedicated
Cons
management lacks systematic understanding
Command and Control Culture
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 9, 2018
The company and benefits are great. The issue are with middle-to upper management, they do not promote people, train, motivate or listen. Good cost control is non-existen and the expectations are unreasonable. Salaries are known to be below other similar companies. Very high turnover. Safety is world class.
Pros
Safety
Cons
No work-life balance. No perks of opportunities for growth
Long hours and no opportunity
Technical (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 8, 2018
You will work long hours and be expected to be on call 24/7 if you report to a production center. When they do call they expect you to answer and/or come in to fix the issue. Outages are scheduled during holidays and weekends. Again, you are expected to work and support. Management is no help other then to ask questions you sometimes can't answer because of the bureaucratic system and process. Most troubleshooting is a dart board approach. Corporate continues to push initiatives to the plant level but you are to busy just keeping things running. Low morale with most doing as little as they can to just keep things running. Management just wants to hear what they want to hear or you will pay for it in your review. Kinda like high school, very clickish especially with management. Absolutely no training as it is looked at a expense and not development opportunity. Very dirty work environment. Only communication is from bottom up and never top down. If you are not one of the chosen then you will not advance and have opportunity. Talent and experience continues to decline. Only time they clean and paint is when corporate executives visit.
Pros
401K, Quarterly Bonus based on Plant Goals
Cons
Long hours, dirty plant, no technical advancement, on call 24/7, process/departments are in silos
Growth and Opportunity
Central Staging-Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA 15068May 30, 2018
I came in as a temp but had the ability to learn and grow. Management recognized my potential and allowed it to flourish. I was able to build my management, IT and analytical skills.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
influx in work load
Great work environment, but lacking in compensation
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 29, 2018
The culture put forward at Arconic is some of the highest quality I have experienced in the working world. Almost everyone on site seems to want to do their job well. The only thing that is keeping me from seeing myself there in the long term is the level of compensation for the type of work being performed.
Pros
Cons
compensation