ARCOSA Employee Reviews

Not enough people for the job
Senior welder (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2019
Arcosa lack in employment which they obviously know but want 1st and 2nd shift to bust out he prouduct as if they had a full crew it’s a very stressful environment and the pay is absolutely ridiculous and if you get a raise you might as well should’ve never asked
Pros
Cons
Employment
Its a Job
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Hager City, WIFebruary 3, 2019
The company's production morale has been going down for some time. it was Trinity now it's considered arcosa. We are understaffed severely and management is still trying to push production like we are fully staffed meaning we have to work two times as hard. They do not accept feedback from any of the operators from the floor and if you make them look bad in front of anybody you are on their target list. It seems like they want to write you up for everything. Granted we do have some lazy operators that have that typical Union mentality but they treat us all like that. In general some of us are highly motivated but then we are paid and treated unfairly compared to their "favorites." For example if someone has MORE points than you and hasn't produced enough work they can still get a HIGHER raise than you. EVEN if you have LESS points and have provided MORE work. Completely unfair and they wonder why everybody loses motivation so fast.
Pros
Union Pension, Benefits, Raises
Cons
Short Breaks, Upper Management, Unfair treatment
Sad
Hourly employee (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 8, 2019
Safety only matters when it is convenient , managers run the employees in to the ground, the equipment is old and out of date( ie brake downs daily ) they hire good competent people and treat them like they are useless so they don't stay around long. They promote people that bring nothing to the table because they are friends or family. So you end up with TURDSs trying to show good had working qualified people the wrong ineffective unsafe way to do a job. They wonder why cost and turnover is so high and productivity is so low. All I can say is if my name was on the sign I would be ashamed of the way my management staff treated people and wasted my money but what do I know I must not be to smart I have stuck around for years thinking that it would get better well maybe it time for me to stop the insanity.

"Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" Albert Einstein
Do NOT apply
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILDecember 18, 2018
Highly Stressful. Poor working conditions and cutthroat environment for advancement on any level. Unrealistic quotas for production, even after constant machine issues that cause downtown
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, employee feedback is ignored
Watch your back. Especially at Caruthersville even though it is Arcosa
Leadman/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MODecember 1, 2018
There are some good people at Trinity (Now Arcosa) just not in management or the office. If you are not in the Goodale clique - good luck. They will work you a bunch of overtime. Then when layoffs come they get rid of people using medical or older people for cheaper health. They will lie to you about everything if you are not one of the clique's chosen ones.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Office and management are horrid
Great Company
TECHNICAL LIAISON/TRAINING SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2018
A company were you hit the ground running, with lots of opportunities for advancement in home base office and manufacturing plants. Work environment was very relaxed, no micro management.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Respondibility
I'm excited about Arcosa's future
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2018
I'm excited to go with Arcosa after the spin. The company feels faster paced and management is accessible. The corporate group has flattened out so there is less bureaucracy. CEO shares company goals openly and is very approachable.
Pros
Good culture, good communication
Cons
Lots of work, not always a bad thing
Not good
General welder (Former Employee) –  CaruthersvilleOctober 8, 2018
management is horrible they need to fire all the Goodales and start over cause if your not in there click u are not gonna last long they cuss you like a dog and hr does nothing about horrible place to work
Productive workplace
Welder (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOSeptember 29, 2018
It was a great learning experience to better myself an look forward towards my trade. Taught me how to work an be a man. Skill levels rises rapidly. “Never say no”
Bad
Senior Welder (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOSeptember 26, 2018
Management lacks in all areas because lead personal are always cussing and yelling at employees. HR IS VERY CUT THROAT. Give you all the hours you want. You get over-worked and under-payed. Benefits are high. It is what you make of it... Treat the good workers like dirt & others slack all they want. Very stressful job. Most stressful job ive ever had.
Pros
Cafeteria Food
Cons
HR DEPT/Management
don't waste your time
TIG Welder (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 11, 2018
Time is money and they don't respect skill nor care about dedicated employees. Will reprimand grown men and fire you if given any opportunity, HR needs to be removed for company to succeed. They take your time and do not compensate for work preformed, company is steadily heading for disaster. Routinely Weeks behind schedule. Does not deliver on what was promised to customers. No such thing as a Career welder at this company.
Pros
its a job
Cons
its "one of those jobs"
long hard work
painter (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILAugust 21, 2018
the job and pay are great. however you must commit to them only. it is not a job for a family man. it is a job to start your career and build up your assets.
Blaster Painy prep (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILAugust 18, 2018
Work is long hours good pay and great benefits. Management is decent. Very fast paced work good job security. Would recommend to anyone. Job is stressful sometimes.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Not many days off
Good people to work with
Fitter/Welder (Current Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOAugust 15, 2018
I havd learned alot working here some good training was provided for me.I received raises when expected and enjoyed the people i work with.The pay is good and they support a bunch of great causes in the community
Pros
Bonus days
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Productive fun and has a big lunch room with hot meals
Welder 3 (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOAugust 14, 2018
Trinity was one of the best places I’ve worked at they pay very well and take very good care of their employees they have good bonus checks every 3 months and good holiday bonus and the company picnic is always fun
Tuff place to work to much buddy buddy
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74116August 12, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. A very tuff culture to except never know from day to day what the managements going to do. In the time I was there we had 6 management changes each one with a different way to do things. Makes for a difficult environment.
Pros
Good employees to work with
Cons
Poor treatment of employees on the production floor
poor managment
Extruder Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Streetman, TXAugust 11, 2018
supervisor only helps his favorite people and i tried to move out from raw end for two years yet i never got an interview.Poor pay work there two years yet they hire a new guy off the street making much as me.
Positin Duties/Office Environment
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 29, 2018
Very busy office - weighing truck in and out, customer billing and payment posting, answering phones, dispatching trucks to local and out of state customers. Tracked and traced incoming and outgoing rail cars. Assisted the controller with various accounting functions as he deemed necessary.

The office environment was very pleasant as we all worked as a team.

The enjoyable part of the position was meeting and talking with our customers and truckers.
Pros
Not micro-manged - mangers very complimanry.
Cons
Small office - so lunch breaks usualy in house.
It's what you make it to be.
Laminator/Alternative Coating (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOJuly 25, 2018
A nice fast pace job, the work can be hard or easy depending on the department you're in or depending on the people you work with. Good pay,raises and bonuses.
Pros
Unless production is up, you get a three day weekend and the benefits are good
Cons
The fiberglass and hot temps in the summer will make you want to quit.
Very productive and fast paced at times
Roller C (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOJuly 2, 2018
I really enjoyed working for the company, good pay/benefits good work environment, work schedule was great, and my co workers were great as well, I would highly recommend Trinity to anyone with good work ethics
Pros
No free lunch, but we did have food catered by the company every few months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARCOSA. Our community is ready to answer.