Arctic Glacier Employee Reviews

I had a lot
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 17, 2019
Hard worker
learned a lot stuff like show me how to make ICE, how to put in the Bag.
I had a good Management.
I enjoy the place cause I was comfortable with my crews.
Pros
Your own Lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Its good!
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMarch 2, 2019
Has its up and downs. Pay got better this year! No where to move up. Got to finish your work before you go home, can take some getting used to. Overal good environment.
It was alright
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 21, 2019
I did enjoy working here for the beginning part but as time went on it was very repetitive and I only started to go down in the company. This company is not run efficiently and has many problems with communication.
Great enviorment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 20, 2019
I enjoy working for them.Friendly bosses.compensation for the type of work you are doing.They even did cook outs and pizza for their employees quite often
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 20, 2019
Long hours good money but seasonal ride woth a driver unload bags of ice and stack in disspensor easy going relaxed hours differ every day as start times and end times
Cons
Seasonal
Very good work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 14, 2019
I can actually say I love this job. I just wish it were all year around but its buffalo. The two managers are the best very friendly and easy to get along with. It's nice being on the road going stire to store and interacting with the store managers. You build friendships. Can be long days only if you work slower. But I'm not complaining about the 6 day work week if you enjoy it as I did. Highly recommend for anyone.
Pros
Amazing bosses, overtime, co workers are fun
Cons
Seasonal
I like driving
Ice deliver (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 13, 2019
I loved working here because it helped me learn how to get around Michigan. I've met a ton of new people. Found other opportunities for work with this job. An it's the only job that I have worked with for as long as I have.
Pros
Eat whenever your hungry.
Cons
Your required to take a lunch
Ok place to work.... Just really low wages for the job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYJanuary 31, 2019
Ok place to work but the wages are nowhere near what they should be for the work requirements.
Heavy lifting, driving, handheld knowledge, and customer service all requirements.
Great Job
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 8, 2019
All I can really say is, I wish I were still there, great environment, the crew was excellent!!! Management was hands on, if you got dirty we got dirty, if we needed to run a route, guess what management ran a route.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Long hours in the summer
Arctic Glacier needs a new facility
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 27, 2018
Overall this is a great place to work if you are looking for a small business environment. The facility is small and is outdated. Arctic is building a new facility.
Driver/Sales
Truck Driver/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Indio, CADecember 9, 2018
Dropping off ice packs by hand from 5,000-20,000lbs a day per route filling up and completing every customer by on route. I learned to not depend on anyone or expect people that work in the office to know or understand what I go through on route on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is working for this multimillionaire company and always being short on working electric pallet jacks since every pallet is 2,000lbs along with the miscommunication from the office and the office always want you to be available even on your days off.
Pros
The pay is just right above average.
Cons
Extremely physical job doesnt pay well or compare to the physical trauma.
Good company
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 28, 2018
Immitiate manager is great, some of the higher ups are not so good but they are not with the company anymore, also it's a very physical job not a bad thing just be ready
Pros
Free ice
productive and fast workplace.
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 5, 2018
very good company to work for. great management and a relaxed workplace. great hours and positive co-workers. I would highly recommend working here during the summer.
good job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PASeptember 26, 2018
.I would get to know my customersGreat atmosphere work place. youload your truck make drop offs . Iwould get to have a good working relatation with my customers
Hard to say what to expect.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 10, 2018
I dont think that I can give and accurate description of what is like to work here. I haven't been there for over 5 years and from old co workers it has had some changes.
Fast paced work enviornment
DELIVERY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOSeptember 6, 2018
very intense work environment. Very fast paced as it is required to fill the demand for ice in the summer. Must be willing to work overtime especially during the summer.
Good place to start out
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2018
Was a good place to train for and recieve cdl. Manegment are top notch. Care about employeees and work with you to solve any problems that may arise.
Pros
Manegment
Cons
Seasonal work at best
Fun company to work for,low paying wages
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 13, 2018
This company promotes itself within as being low overhead,high profit.In other words,you will have employment when needed and be paid a lower than average wage for the area that you work and reside in.The majority of the employees are seasonal.Very few full time are retained year round.
Pros
a fun job that promotes customer relations and the satisfaction of customer service.
Cons
low wages, little room for advancement.
Not Good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 1, 2018
You'd go from working a 3 hour day to 13 cause the management was terrible. The whole factory was held together with duct tape and scrap. They don't discriminate against criminals (which isn't always bad) but because of them taking any and all employees it was rather common for coworkers to smoke meth out back and come in completely drunk.
Pros
Minimal supervision
Cons
To many to count
Terrible Job and Management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 26, 2018
I would not recommend anybody working here unless you want to fall and break your neck they have no set schedule for when you leave they say they hiring for forklift drivers but have only 3 forklifts and 6 forklift drivers. There is ice everywhere so it is extremely a big safety hazard the only thing good is the pay and hours i guess but would not recommend this job to my worst enemy the warehouse is a complete mess one of the worst jobs i ever worked at in my life they only give there forklift drivers 13.50 by the way
Pros
Cons
Two breaks for a 12 hour shift, poor manangement and not alot of work to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arctic Glacier. Our community is ready to answer.