Ardagh Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good company
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, The days are stressful and fast paced. We worked together as a team. Good management team in our local plant. Learned about the specifics of the process of glassware and how it is made.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
rotating shifts
Fast paced environment
Machine Upkeep (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 30, 2018
Worked there for almost 16 years before the plant shut down. Friendly and laid back employees. Hated the 7 day swing shifts. Management needed more education in their department.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, a lot of overtime
Cons
rotating shifts, dirty environment, management
productive
mould cleaner (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 29, 2018
good place to work at. pay was ok was there for 20 years people got along for the most part.management was so so.hardest part of job was seven day rotating days
Union Job with great benefits
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Simsboro, LAMay 27, 2018
Lay-offs are a part of the business when you work so closely with customers. Greatest pay around with the best benefits. The work is difficult but rewarding.
Very productive and hands on experience.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Ardagh Simsboro LouisianaMay 25, 2018
Very good place to work but is managed poorly. Great pay and benefits. However that pay comes along with being away from your family and enjoying a normal life.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hectic work schedule
Great Place to Grow
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 20, 2018
This job environment was fast paced and tedious. I liked the physical labor and constant workflow. Offered great benefits and a chance to always move up in the company. You get help with relocation and they have many plants stationed throughout the World.
Pros
All paid lunches
Helped with a upcoming audit
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, INMay 17, 2018
Data entry for the audit that was coming up. Filed the correct papers with the correct department. Made copies, answered the phone when need to. Loved the job but it was just temp work
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Temp work
All about production
Utility Packer (Current Employee) –  Simsboro, LAMay 14, 2018
This company has a lack of ethics, they only care about the numbers and not the people. The building needs work. Management plays favoritism. The turn over rate is high.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Union job, Warehouse environment, Tons of OT available.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 11, 2018
The company shut down and laid off all of their employees. That says enough. If Ardagh Group does reopen their doors, I would recommend the job to people who are able to work rotating shifts(1st shift for a week, then 2nd for a week, then 3rd shift, and repeat). There is a big opportunity to make money if you can handle the shifts and union environment.
Pros
Decent benefits and tons of overtime
Cons
Union protects employees who should be fired, Rotating shifts is damaging mentally and physically depending on your lifestyle, management team is lacking
Productive workplace; never boring
Operator/Utility/Line Monitor (Current Employee) –  Simsboro, LAApril 22, 2018
If you remain focused on doing the best you can, your 8 or 12 hours will be productive. Overlook the negative and you will be just fine. It is a good job.
Pros
5 day work week-8 hours 12 hours are optional
Cons
So many negative people on 1 job; I've never seen anything like it
Maintenance
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dolton, ILApril 6, 2018
Maintenance was a close knit group looking to achieve results. The team priniciple was number 1 and we worked closely together with everyone. I enjoyed my tiem there. each day was different and challegning but provided a sense of accomplishment.
Plant closed
Quality Control Line Inspector (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 31, 2018
My overall experience was postive and fulfilling, unfortunately due to a declining demand in the product that was manufactured at our plant, the company was forced to close the plant.
Awful Company
production worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIMarch 28, 2018
Facility is old and dirty. Management treats people poorly and lack skills to be managers. Unless you lie, cheat or steal you are not valued. Tons of favoritism and unfair practices, depends on who you are or who you know. Work is fast paced which makes shift go faster. All they care about is production and money. They treat you like dirt. Lots of turnover.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks, awful place to work, terrible management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 23, 2018
I don't have much to write about this company, but their management equality was poor. Did not offer much opportunity for advancement. Many were offered roles that did not fit their qualifications, very disappointing to staff that would have made good potential mangers.
Enjoyed working at Ardagh Group, alot of good people over the years.
Utility (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 13, 2018
Was a great company to work for. Unfortunately with the plant closing it's time to move on to something else. Spent alot time learning new experiences and various operations.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts prior to landing straight days
Production work is great and I enjoy it
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Dolton, IL 60419March 2, 2018
I work a different shift every other week, meaning I work midnights, days and afternoons. I have worked in production for over ten years and I enjoy it. I work and average of 40-45 hours a week and I always sign up to work all holidays and overtime if the company needs me.
Pros
work location
Cons
break room
great company
Furnace Operator, Quality Control, (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 26, 2018
I worked here for the past 15 years in a busy fast paced manufacturing environment. Good people and good leadership but in the end we still closed our doors. I was hoping to retire from here.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
work life balance is bad
Quick paced fun place to work
Shift Electro-Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 16, 2018
Working at Armagh was quick paced and fun as a maintenance mechanic, butt there is a sever lack of educated and capable management. Almost unlimited overtime and great pay!
Nepotism.
Production Operator. (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 6, 2018
I unfortunately had to leave due to lack of advancement opportunities. I would constantly ask human resources for any positions and they would hire people's children who had no experience. To add salt to a wound I had to train a few of them to take the job I wanted. The people I worked with were a true definition of a TEAM though.
Benefits
Cons
Nepotism
Production
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 21, 2018
A great company to work for. Your family life suffers because of rotating shifts. You spend the majority of your time at work which leaves to no family life. Job is not hard but hard on your body and lifestyle.
Cons
Rotating shift