Arden Companies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor company to work for
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCApril 12, 2018
Racist company to work for a lot of favoritism there and you would think by now that state would have looked into it. Management sometime don't know what's going on due to a lack of communication.
Favoritism in every direction
Stuffer (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 8, 2018
If you're not related to any of the people there you're looked at as the outsider on top of not speaking Spanish all the time they really hate that I would never work there again nor do I recommend it to anyone.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
Everything you can think of
owners are racists and use nepotism
Senior Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIApril 5, 2018
the company only cares about employing friends and family and they are racist, sexist and do not like younger employees. It is a boys club and they only care about themselves
alot of moving
Lead Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 13, 2018
I did packaging,receiving,and shipping. learned to fill out bill of ladings.
you are constantly moving which is a good thing. Became familiar with stock and locating.
good job second shift best shift
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 21, 2017
Arden was a good job and dependable job because 10 hours a day and 4 days a week and off on friday is a kool job i wouldnt mind working for Arden co once again.
Fun work place
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 2, 2016
I loved working for Arden Companies. The management staff was great!! I learned alot at Arden Companies, this was my first payroll job. There was alot involved including piecework,running w-2's, maintaining employees confidential files and problem solving.
Pros
The people
Cons
plant cut workforce in half
Fast paced.
Quality Control Inspector/Machine Repair (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 22, 2016
A normal work day is 10 hours but that means a three day weekend most of the time. It is a never boring job that is always a challenge. It is a seasonal job that normally means summer lay-off. The employees are hard working and dedicated. The hardest part of the job is the multi tasking to ensure that everything gets done in the time needed. The most enjoyable is the family like feel of a small company while it is still a large company that is global.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
It's seasonal
Arden Summary
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIMay 4, 2015
Arden Companies was my first job after having graduated from Kettering University, and overall, it was great. A typical day of work consisted of checking my email for any new PLM related support tickets; if tickets existed, then I would need to evaluate their level of importance and address any time-sensitive or high importance support tickets. If there were no tickets, then I would work on any long term projects. I learned about good practices for maintaining and administering an Application hosted on virtual windows servers, as well as continuing to exercise problem solving and communication skills. My manager was always willing to take the time to address any questions I had regarding PLM, and were over all very reliable. The co-workers are pleasant, and generally easy to talk to. While the environment can be a bit demanding, it is rewarding to complete tasks, and to be a functional member of a small, but effective company.
Family Owned
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MKIMarch 17, 2015
The largest out door replacement makers of out door cushions and textiles in the USA. Expects the best from its employees.
Pros
Very conservative
Cons
Not enough time in the day
Very enjoyable environment and lots of opportunities
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Bingham Farms MIJune 27, 2014
There are many advancement opportunities in a company of this size. (about 80 at the headquarters) Employees are rewarded for their hard work and promotions are common.

Very friendly co-workers and high paced work make the job very enjoyable.

Definitely a company that does what it can and makes the employee's happy. Some examples are catered lunches, casual day everyday, and fitness reimbursements for athletic memberships.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly environment, promotions are common
Cons
The building is in a very high traffic area
DId not like
IT Department (Former Employee) –  Southlawn, MIJune 18, 2014
I really did not like working there. Very disorganized. People just looking out for themselves
Great working Environment
Shipping/Receiving & Fiber Line (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 27, 2014
Was hard at first to communicate with my team members, as they were mostly Hispanic. Easy to get used to the work, they do have multiple factories around the same area; so there is a lot of moving from one to the other. the hours fluctuate but start from 7am and last typically till 330pm or after 7pm, depends on the area you work and the number of orders needing to be filled. Overall i would love working here again.
nice place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  kendallville inJanuary 3, 2013
fun to work in this place nice people .learn a lot wiht managment and supervisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arden Companies. Our community is ready to answer.