Ardene Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
3.0Job Security & Advancement
Okay place to work for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 23, 2018
Okay place to work for students, not really long term. Management was good, co workers were good. Hours were flexible, must work on the weekends at lease one day.
Friendly Environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Compton, CANovember 28, 2016
It is a good police to work in because the people at Arden are able to provide constructive criticism about your ideas, lifting the unity within the company.
Group loading and group lunches
Loader (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 4, 2016
Work included the gathering of orders using push carts. Breaks were taken between orders, lunch breaks consisted of group meals eaten together at a table in the break room. It was a family environment which made for enjoyable days at work and a high productivity rate. We often rotated tasks so that everyone had a chance to load, scan, and order pick.
Pros
Frequent breaks, good excercise, fun working environment
Cons
Low pay
Exciting fun workplace however has down sides
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OntarioDecember 15, 2013
Typical day at work would be sign in look at the book for duties then perform tasks. Stock products, clean.

Downside
Managers say that they can withhold 15 minute breaks if the store is busy or if there is not alot of people. The only people in retail that get the health benefits is the managers. Managers play favorites at time.

Example,
I was orally reprimanded for running to the phone booth outside the store to give my phone to be fixed and come back(i went and dropped my phone off and came back, i didnt stay) and for standing near the cash after i finished cleaning my area. However, the managers with constantly go on smoke breaks and will go to other stores in the mall and by things while they are not on break.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Managers withhold 15 minute breaks, no benefits
Fun place to work. Needs better management
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  CornwallNovember 15, 2013
It's a fun job that's always keeping me on my toes although demanding because we are short on staff. Lots of cool merchandise and a loyal clientele, coworkers/ managers not so much. The managers pick favorites and the DM is rude and doesn't resolve any issues but rather turns it back on you.
Pros
Staff discount and always busy
Cons
Two-faced coworkers and management that only apply policies when desired.